McBurnie - Accused of stomping on a Forest fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If only he could kick a ball as well as he kicked that fans head

Give over, he clearly sticks the boot in.

We should get rid and use his wage to bring MGW back.
I ve yet to see any video clip or evidence of Oli kicking any fans head or clearly sticking the boot in. Nor can it be seen of him stamping on anyones head.
Neither of the so called fans who had illegally entered the playing area and the fan filming this have so far come forward. If the fan on the floor was kicked or stamped on where are social media pictures showing the extent of his wounds???

Once again news media stirring up shit!!!!! According to Sky Oli has been told to attend a police station or be arrested. Has anyone from Nottingham Forest been told to attend a police station to explain their abject failure of controlling their fans??

No. Didnt think so.

From 8 seconds, we're now down to 4. Theres a longer one which I think this is cut is even harder to make out, like live action Where's Wally.

From it though, if it looks bad for anyone, I'd say Brewster. There appears to be a little pot bellied Forest fan getting into the faces of some united players (not sure who) and Brewster appears to grab him and drag him away/down. Then the tussle in which Forest fans insist Oli "clearly" stamps with his right foot. You can't see his feet, you can't see him really, you can't see where the Forest kid is but these are just details y'know?

Very convenient for Notts Police that McBurnie was there with his team mates, easy to point the finger at someone who has reacted in the past and get a conviction on here say. Of course Notts Forest and the press will run with this story hard if only to deflect some of the shame from the club and fans who they failed to control. Looking at the video's doing the rounds at least half a dozen United players were being attacked and jostled yet nothing at all is being said about the failure of Notts Forest to control their fans and keep our players safe, their fans were still going at our players as they were leaving the ground to get the coach home.
Where are the FA and EFL the silence is deafening?

I would think that SUFC were expecting the relevant authorities to question NFFC and in the absence of any investigation will now be considering any relevant action. As previously stated would fully expect them to pursue action if any of their staff are penalised.
It is in the interest of NFFC and the relevant authorities to point the finger at anyone other than themselves to try and deflect blame.
Yet again the authorities show no bollox when this is a perfect opportunity to establish a Route forward in the event of this happening again.
It really is pathetic that a multi million £ industry is policed by gutless amateurs.

From 8 seconds, we're now down to 4. Theres a longer one which I think this is cut is even harder to make out, like live action Where's Wally.

From it though, if it looks bad for anyone, I'd say Brewster. There appears to be a little pot bellied Forest fan getting into the faces of some united players (not sure who) and Brewster appears to grab him and drag him away/down. Then the tussle in which Forest fans insist Oli "clearly" stamps with his right foot. You can't see his feet, you can't see him really, you can't see where the Forest kid is but these are just details y'know?

I can't see anything of what's happening there because, you know, thousands of imbecile Forest fans are on the pitch (criminal offence) and there's loads of flares lit (also a criminal offence).

I  really hope Huddersfield shithouse their way to the top flight.

What doesn't look great ? Nothing happens apart from Forest fans beibg agressive to two players
The two big forest fans were definitely goading Bogle, jumping up in his face and possibly shoving him, but Brewster definitely comes out of nowhere and takes him down from behind with an arm around the neck.

Still can't tell exactly what happened with McBurnie from this video, but it definitely doesn't put Rhian in a good light.

Whether there were circumstances to justify it, we don't know yet, because all we have to go off is some 5 second videos from some forest fans. Hopefully the FA and the police are using footage from the cameras in the stadium and all of Sky's cameras too, you'd imagine they will be

I can't see anything of what's happening there because, you know, thousands of imbecile Forest fans are on the pitch (criminal offence) and there's loads of flares lit (also a criminal offence).

I  really hope Huddersfield shithouse their way to the top flight.

Yeah, it took me about 4 play throughs just to locate the incident and then was left going that's it? when I finally did. It's laughable considering they're treating it like the smoking gun when all it does show with any certainty is how many forest fans were on the pitch and causing problems to united staff.

I'm hoping huddersfield set a record for goals scored in a playoff final first half and then time waste like good uns for the remainder of it. The more humiliating the better. Scratch my earlier idea of Forest going up and being relegated before british summertime ends.

Doesn’t look good on Brewster?
He’s standing up for Bogle before he got similar to Billy , Bradders is spot on

Attachments

• 2053532C-51C7-4D75-8C71-A77C39492180.png
    2053532C-51C7-4D75-8C71-A77C39492180.png
    492.5 KB · Views: 182
The two big forest fans were definitely goading Bogle, jumping up in his face and possibly shoving him, but Brewster definitely comes out of nowhere and takes him down from behind with an arm around the neck.

Still can't tell exactly what happened with McBurnie from this video, but it definitely doesn't put Rhian in a good light.

Whether there were circumstances to justify it, we don't know yet, because all we have to go off is some 5 second videos from some forest fans. Hopefully the FA and the police are using footage from the cameras in the stadium and all of Sky's cameras too, you'd imagine they will be
Really, shouldn't you be questioning the level of stewarding that let a mob of fuckwits jostle our players? No pitch invasion, no attack on our players, no reaction or need for self defence.

I would think that SUFC were expecting the relevant authorities to question NFFC and in the absence of any investigation will now be considering any relevant action. As previously stated would fully expect them to pursue action if any of their staff are penalised.
It is in the interest of NFFC and the relevant authorities to point the finger at anyone other than themselves to try and deflect blame.
Yet again the authorities show no bollox when this is a perfect opportunity to establish a Route forward in the event of this happening again.
It really is pathetic that a multi million £ industry is policed by gutless amateurs.
I think it won’t be long before United intervene in the distraction tactics of Forest and Notts Police.

Really, shouldn't you be questioning the level of stewarding that let a mob of fuckwits jostle our players? No pitch invasion, no attack on our players, no reaction or need for self defence.
Agree to an extent metal but there is a pitch invasion at almost all playoff semi final second legs that pass without incident … then you get the forest scum that most of them under 30 have never had anything to celebrate and couldnt handle it!

Yes, of course I'm questioning the stewarding too, but that doesn't need discussion or evidence as it was plain for all to see and is supposedly already being investigated by the relevant authorities.

But then shouldn't you be questioning the football pyramid as a whole for hiring under-trained, minimum wage stewards?

I never said whether I back any of our players actions, or whether I think they should be punished, although for what it's worth - from what I've seen, I do back them and I don't think they should be punished. Unfortunately I don't get to decide, neither do any of us.

All I did was share a video and said it didn't look great from that angle. Which it doesn't, for Brewster. And if he is pulled in for questioning, then I don't think "yeah but the stewards" would help him

Pitch invasion = illegal
Acting in self defence= legal
Stamping on pitch invader (whilst illegal in itself isn't a threat to life itself) = illegal
Acting in self defence whilst being threatened (i.e Perportrator isnt on the floor incapacitated) = legal

Terrible decision by the club, sag and the police. I'm forwarding an email slating everyone involved even though I've ended up with egg on my face.

They've been on the lower tier every other time we've played them

Typical of this city and club to give them a bigger area with more tickets, and giving United fans less tickets because there was an incident at the League game involving one of their fans jumping about on the tarmac surrounding the pitch for two seconds.

Everybody is wondering what would have happened if we beat them.

The answer is nothing, they'd have gone home sulking and hid behind a line of coppers on the streets pretending to be hardcases, as those further back and out of sight threw missiles

A lot of comments on here quite rightly calling out the poor stewarding and I'm shocked that more isn't being made of it, I'm sure it will though.

Quite a few years back I was filming for the BBC at Rochdale when they just needed a win for promotion, I was told when the final whistle goes I need to get onto the pitch ASAP and film the dugouts to get the players and manager celebrating. I was told by the head steward that there would be a semi circle of stewards keeping the expected pitch invasion away from the dugouts and the players and to stand inside the semi circle so that I was safe too. This was all before the game. It isn't difficult to have a plan in place to avoid situations like this and it is so unbelievably inept how the situation was prepared for and then handled on Tuesday.

They've been on the lower tier every other time we've played them

Typical of this city and club to give them a bigger area with more tickets, and giving United fans less tickets because there was an incident at the League game involving one of their fans jumping about on the tarmac surrounding the pitch for two seconds.

Everybody is wondering what would have happened if we beat them.

The answer is nothing, they'd have gone home sulking and hid behind a line of coppers on the streets pretending to be hardcases, as those further back and out of sight threw missiles
Thankfully, because the correct decision was made, we'll never know. Get over it, move on.

It’s looks amazing on brewster, McBurnie, and the squad. Siege mentality, have each other’s backs, fight for the badge, perfect.

Just a shame the forest scrote walked away

Yep, Notts police are gonna run with this, I have no doubt.
They might be just going through the motions so they can say they did something considering forest fans have been whining non stop over it. If all they've got to go on is the footage we've seen, they'd have a job on saying mcburnie was there, let alone whether he stamped on anyone. Plus you'd have expected Rhian to be called in too seeing as he's more clearly involved. Of course they might have clearer stuff to go on of course.

Probably by releasing a joint statement with SAG issuing closure of the Kop to home fans until further notice
True, if SUFC are relied upon to protect our players during these incidents, as they did handling the ticketing arrangements for the first leg, then they’re fucked.

Back
Top Bottom