Matty Longstaff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we're either staggeringly incompetent (which is fairly likely given our history) or there is something more sinister going on (quite likely). The problem is it's impossible to tell where the issues lie. It could be the Prince, or Betis, or Mitchell, or something else entirely. There's been very little in the way of communication since the end of last season. So everyone, including the press, is left guessing things.
Perhaps the club is conducting its overall business correctly and not checking with the media if it is doing ok
As always the success of any business is based on its results and thar cannot be judged yet for SUFC

Wouldn’t be too excited by this one. Aberdeen been in for him also, says it all.

He wouldn't be one that I would want us to get (too small and we need pace and power not more little uns) so I would be pleased if he goes elsewhere. That said, I'm not the manager or coach so if they get him then I'll back their judgement.

But on the face of it, let's look elsewhere for our midfield strengthening.

From what (admittedly little) I know of him Aberdeen sounds about right compared to a side hoping for a solid championship season

Looks like it's going to be Aberdeen.....
So, who's next..?

He’s only played 20 games for a very poor Newcastle side, he isn’t the answer.

Thought this one was going to happen tbh. Not that I particularly wanted the move but the lack of links to cm/cam's is concerning in an area that needs improving.

He’s only played 20 games for a very poor Newcastle side, he isn’t the answer.
By 'very poor Newcastle side' you mean a Premier League team, right? You know we're second bottom of the Championship?

The fact the article says bruce didn't know about any championship interest and it was offers that matter and Aberdeen offered means, either we weren't interested or couldn't figure which buttons on the phone were needed to phone newcastle.

He isn't that good. Brother is. Thought he'd end up in the Championship though. Not a great move.

Bruce: "I hadn't heard the Championship interest, it comes down to an offer and Aberdeen have offered."

I think that confirms we weren't in for him.
Won't stop the imminent meltdown, mainly from people who spent the last two weeks slagging him off for not being good enough, or someone that would add anything to the team, will now claim Aberdeen are more ambitious than us, Bettis screwed up again, and the transfer team screwed up yet again, missed one of the targets Slav wanted.

I can just imagine Clough in one of their press conferences saying how they aren't the biggest for corners and set pieces without acknowledging that his recruitment directly contributes to that. He did the same at United. You've got to be a very good player if you're 5 fort fuck all.

Christopher Lee (Scaramanger) was 6'5"..!

(I know what you mean though... the little fella Bond stuffed in a suitcase) 😆

Bond then smuggled him into the UK through customs along with 8 bottles of Rum and 800 Bensons before flogging him to Cloughie at a service station outside East Midlands. 3 days later the little chap was anchoring our midfield alongside the giants that were Scougall and Reed.

Currently injured with a knee injury which ended his loan spell at Colchester! I can't see this one now!

Back
Top Bottom