Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting development. Freeman's probably worth about £4-5m tops so if we did include him and say £10m, which would be a structured deal no doubt than we could have a decent chance, and I would guess that Freeman wouldn't want to hang about playing odd games next season. At 28 he's not getting any younger and is in his prime. Either way re Cash, I would guess Freeman will go this summer, unless Wilder has changed his mind on Freeman's role.
How much did we pay for Freeman? 6m? I doubt we'd take a loss on him only a year later. He's not done anything to diminish his reputation at that level.

Wednesday are competing with Q.P.R.

Quality Pie Retailers.. put a bid in for Tango.

CBC4F170-5E8F-4887-99BD-B3E3D7D3138F.png

Freeman has a rep as a bit of a luxury player, however I like him and feel he puts himself about more than given credit.

On top of that he has a lot of ability with the ball and creates good chances. Has a peach of a left foot, and but for Fleck May well have started more.
Personally hope he stays and gets more game time, it’s good for Fleck to have that player pushing him if nothing else and keeps things fresh. Thought he was more than adequate when Fleck was injured.

Player exchange deals are pretty rare compared to standard transfers. I can’t think of too many off the top of my head

Obviously would help if they are keen on freeman and we / LF are willing To move on. That said cold hard cash may win out At the end of the day.

Overall, I would be loathed to loose LF, as along with lundstram presumably we will need to spend to be able to fill their places on the squad. So any saving on cash would only go back out of the door for a freeman replacement.

Only Sheffield United fans would think that Luke Freeman, who we signed for (what was regarded as) a bargain £6 million, and has performed in the Premier League, is now worth less than what we paid for him after just one season!! If Forest want him (and they did in January), it's a minimum £7 million towards the Matty Cash deal. The times of us being bullied are long gone, Chris Wilder has seen to that.

The times of us being bullied are long gone, Chris Wilder has seen to that.
No evidence of that yet. If Wilder sticks to his guns and only paying what he thinks a player is worth (including wages) we might lose out on a lot of our targets.
That said don’t be surprised if we sign several players never mentioned.

If freeman is involved in the transfer, I wouldn’t offer anything above £7m, like a few have said freeman is worth at least what we paid for him £6m? If not a bit more given his decent, when he's played performances

We need squad depth and quality. IMO Moving out and shipping in like-for-like replacements may not work, players may struggle with settling in and current systems.
Fair enough placing Lunny on T/list, but been impressed with Luke Freeman - this lad has the ability to add extra skill and energy to change a game. Would not be keen to include him in swap deal.
We need a strong 25 player squad because with injuries and suspensions it’ll hurt those clubs with weak benches/back up. Plus a strong squad breeds quality competition for places.
May be controversial but I thought we’d have gone back for Besic as he proved a fit for the system, gave his all and is available. Solid bench / rotation option particularly with the developing Lunny situation.

Luke Freeman was quality in almost every game he played for us. I think he had a lot more to offer us potentially too.

I agree but not sure where he plays, Osborn has proven solid back up to Fleck. I think we'll have to sacrifice Freeman to have more depth elsewhere. Wilder has always been very clever with non starting 11 players, he rotates them in and out the club regularly so they're not sat around not playing for too long before they start to become unhappy and the knock on that has... Very shrewd in this area

Mirror is reporting we are lowering our offer to around £4million and offering Forest the choice of two players in exchange, who could we possibly be letting go? Luke Freeman is an obvious one, Callum Robinson? Simon Moore?

Only Sheffield United fans would think that Luke Freeman, who we signed for (what was regarded as) a bargain £6 million, and has performed in the Premier League, is now worth less than what we paid for him after just one season!! If Forest want him (and they did in January), it's a minimum £7 million towards the Matty Cash deal. The times of us being bullied are long gone, Chris Wilder has seen to that.

All depends how much we want Matty Cash....Forest hold the cards here, there's a queue at their door for Cash, not seeing much evidence of the same for Luke.

Mirror is reporting we are lowering our offer to around £4million and offering Forest the choice of two players in exchange, who could we possibly be letting go? Luke Freeman is an obvious one, Callum Robinson? Simon Moore?

Kieron Freeman - also fills the spot vacated by cash

Luke Freeman was quality in almost every game he played for us. I think he had a lot more to offer us potentially too.
Obviously it's all about opinions but I think he's shown occasional flashes of quality in some games, especially his willingness to whip good crosses in early from the left, but overall he just hasn't imposed himself enough. To be fair to him, he hasn't had many opportunities - although we've seen him in the starting line up in Cup games against lower league opposition - but there's been nothing there from him to make Wilder consider making him a regular starting choice - if there had, then I think he would have found himself in the first team more often. I think the bloke is a quality player - I was very pleased when we signed him - but, to me, he just hasn't shown that enough and I wouldn't be surprised, or disappointed, if we move him on. We can do better - and what's even more important is, we must do better, if we want to move forwards rather than backwards from here.

That's an interesting negotiating tactic. Start with a high figure, then reduce it and throw in some makeweights. 🤔 Be interesting to see how that works out?

I think it will depend on how much they want or need one of our makeweights and what we/they value them at. There is an advantage for us though if it means we get 1 player we want and get another we don't want off the wage bill.

I thought I'd read that Forest were keen on Kieron Freeman? Nottingham lad - ex-Forest. I think it would be a good move for him. I would have thought that the short trip up the M1 from Nottingham to Sheffield would suit Cash coming the other way as well? Maybe the two clubs could agree to stagger training sessions and they could do a car share?

K Freeman's contract is fin right? He's going wherever he likes irrespective of whether we'd like him to go to Forest.
I think the comment with K Freeeman was that we need a replacement for him.

It shows the rate of improvement we are looking for if we do get Cash our right wing back role could he sorted for 5+ years.

Same if we get Robinson we wouldn’t be looking for a LWB until Enda calls it a day.

It seems to me that Freeman and Robinson were bought half with an eye on if we went straight back down.

We would have no trouble keeping both and they would have played a role in bouncing back.

It just happens that thing went far better than expected.

They are still legitimate signings for a promotion team with the right players around them as per Robinson's decent job at WBA.

Back
Top Bottom