Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quite. As the main man says, "there's a lot of lazy recruitment around"...

Seems to me that Smith is out of his depth. Events contrived in Villa's favour after the re-start of last season but there is nothing to suggest that they'll do anything but struggle again this season. And if Man U lure Grealish away by the deadline in October, they've had it.

= Cash becoming available for a (more) realistic fee in <12 months

Brian Deane’s transfer fee (to Leeds) was one of the highest in the world at the time.

Notable mentions for the sale of Claude Davis and Oliver Tebily too.

Deane went for half what Platt did 2 years earlier.

Not sure Deane's fee would have even been a world record in 87/88.

Not too bothered about this tbh.

Totally falls into the "nice to have" rather than the "need to have" category and due to that £16m is way more than we should be spending.

Saw him very much like Robinson and Freeman last summer. Good to bring in at the right price to add competiation and hopefully push the current incumbant in that position but these types of signings really should be capped at £8-10m maybe £12m at a push. Anything above that should really be pretty much expected to be a starter.

Hopefully this will be Villa's budget mostly now used alongside Cash...

Deane went for half what Platt did 2 years earlier.

Not sure Deane's fee would have even been a world record in 87/88.
You’re right. I believe it was something like the fourth highest UK transfer fee at the time, and very significant in world terms.

Either way, £2.7m in 1993 was a fantastic transfer fee, and definitely not undersold. It was still a mistake mind. :)

If true btw seems like a bit of a backwards step for Romero, he's consistently performed at Man Utd when called upon, feel like he could get a better move than Villa? Where he'll probably end up back-up again when Heaton returns

If true btw seems like a bit of a backwards step for Romero, he's consistently performed at Man Utd when called upon, feel like he could get a better move than Villa? Where he'll probably end up back-up again when Heaton returns

Romero is on £100k a week at Man U. 😲

Where would we have played the £16 million Matty Cash?

Honestly, without an ounce of salt, I hope Villa plummet again.

I've always had an irrational dislike of Villa ever since I was a young lad and I haven't shaken it off. This transfer window has given that dislike a renewed vigour.

Fuck off Villa. Do a Fulham.

The amount they've been ripped off on Cash is more than made up for if they're really signimg Romero for £8m !!

Matt Targett and Matty Cash for a combined 30m.

Just heard a good un. My brother was at Woodall services on the m1 motorway. this massive Mercedes. stopped right in front of him.and this bloke got out. fucking hell it,s
Matty Cash.so my brother asked are you going to Sheff wendy. Matty Cash replied who are they Amigo never heard of them. I know Sheffield United. Senior Freeman has told me all about them.
I would love to play for Sheffield United.but they can not afford me, Amigo.i go to Aston Villa.

The amount they've been ripped off on Cash is more than made up for if they're really signimg Romero for £8m !!

Given his age and wage demands its more money they will spaff away.

I think Cash would have been great for us, I dont blame NFFC for holding out for what they got or for Cash taking the huge wages hes going to get there. Its a signing that baffles me though Villa finally get some solidity switching to a flat 4 at the back post lockdown which keeps them up by the skin of their teeth only to go and sign Cash.

I dont see him being effective in a flat 4 and if they go back to 3 plus wingbacks the mind boggles as they were porus as anything in that formation last year and Cash wont sold those defensive weaknesses for them.

Villa have no clear direction it seems, and I expect them to be in a relegation dogfight again this year. They are an injury to Grealish away from guaranteed relegation.

It is really frustrating that we don’t have the finances to push on. The Prince is clearly a big improvement on McCabe but he doesn’t have the money needed at this level. It will be very difficult to stay in the Prem for long unless we are able to be more competitive in the transfer market. I really hope the Prince is working on bringing in more investment.

Back
Top Bottom