Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

16 mill for this lad is a rip off, I'm glad we haven't signed him

CWAK got it spot on. £6m plus £4m in add-ons and not a penny more. World’s gone absolutely stark raving bonkers. When the pandemic hit, all the experts claimed it was the best thing that could have happened to football because it will give it the reset it needs. It’s gone completely the other way. Nutters, the lot of them.

It was always going to be like this, the teams that rely on fan income and TV revenue would have to cut back while this with other big income streams (man utd) or mega bucks owners (Man city, Chelsea, villa) would be able to spend big. It's done nothing but widen the gap between the have and have nots (mirroring society in general I guess)

Fair play to Cash, I'm sure he'll do well there. £16m, which will probably be nearer £12 initially is still a lot for a full back, think Baldock was £500,000! I would love to see Villa down, like of others have said, because of the money they've spent and so often on players we also want, but I think they'll be better than next season to be honest. They'll have spent maybe three times what we have and still be similar to where we will finish next season in my view.

CWAK got it spot on. £6m plus £4m in add-ons and not a penny more. World’s gone absolutely stark raving bonkers. When the pandemic hit, all the experts claimed it was the best thing that could have happened to football because it will give it the reset it needs. It’s gone completely the other way. Nutters, the lot of them.

It's notable that the sides going a bit mad are those most in danger of relegation. They're effectively throwing money at players in the hope of staying up and avoiding the impending financial catastrophe that is the Championship.

West Brom: offered West Ham a fee rising to £18m for Grady Diagana
Villa: Cash signed for £16m
Fulham: Robinson brought in on >£2m per year; Knockaert signed for £10.5m
Leeds: Rodrigo for £30m (don't get me wrong, he's a good player but he's 29)
Palace: Eze signed for up to £20m

The only teams likely to be down there who haven't spent big are Brighton and Newcastle.

Fair play to Cash, I'm sure he'll do well there. £16m, which will probably be nearer £12 initially is still a lot for a full back, think Baldock was £500,000! I would love to see Villa down, like of others have said, because of the money they've spent and so often on players we also want, but I think they'll be better than next season to be honest. They'll have spent maybe three times what we have and still be similar to where we will finish next season in my view.
I may be wrong but I think the EFL are sat waiting
for villa to drop back down for FFP charges, Cos didn't they far out spend our porcine neighbours 😀

I really wanted Cash and think he would have eventually succeeded Baldock. However for £12mil + £4 mil that’s a lot of money for a challenger. Money that could be spent elsewhere (assuming we have it).

It's notable that the sides going a bit mad are those most in danger of relegation. They're effectively throwing money at players in the hope of staying up and avoiding the impending financial catastrophe that is the Championship.

The only teams likely to be down there who haven't spent big are Brighton and Newcastle.
and West Ham........there fans are going crazy at the lack of signings and the impending loss of Diangana.

At the end of the day it shows me that United and CW have principles and won't break them over silly money whoever the player is. Yes we are in a position where we can spend but what's the use of having saying 1 player on 4 times what every other player is on, the rest soon gunna turn round and say "fuck this for a game of soldiers".

Totally agree

Totally agree apart from Robinson...I’m not, for one second, suggesting he deserves £45kpw but Fulham effectively bought a £2M player who was valued at £10M (AC Milan) If you spread the wages over say a 5yr period/contract then that’s a capital outlay of £13.7M which is equivalent to paying him £15kpw over 5yrs based on a £10M purchase. Residual value of player a lot higher. I reckon a lot of Blades would think that Pretty good business If he had signed on those terms, forgetting for a moment the ridiculous release clause.

Brighton wont be down there they have done some really really smart business. I'm expecting them to finish comfortably above the bottom 3 but the rest of your point i agree with.

Just seen the Forest fans comments on Twitter following Cash’s departure. They are absolutely raving about him despite him leaving them. Looks like we missed out on a quality player there.

Just seen the Forest fans comments on Twitter following Cash’s departure. They are absolutely raving about him despite him leaving them. Looks like we missed out on a quality player there.

Yeah I think he'd have been perfect for us. He's quick, strong, tenacious, competitive and has a lot of quality going forward.

I think he'll prove to be good value for the money, but on our budget probably not worth stretching all of that way for.

Yeah I think he'd have been perfect for us. He's quick, strong, tenacious, competitive and has a lot of quality going forward.

I think he'll prove to be good value for the money, but on our budget probably not worth stretching all of that way for.
He'll be wasted in a back four. Especially if one of them if Tyrone mings.. absolute shite. Would've liked to have got this one through the door, but if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.

I think Eze is starting to look a bit of a bargain in the context of some of the recent deals you’ve highlighted above. I think I read it was an initial £14m rising to £20m with various add-ons. He’s look really good when I’ve seen him and is still young with potential to get better. Would have loved him to come to the Lane.

What do the Grubbies say about Bazzaboi10 though ? Amazed Barca and Real aren't after him.

I may be wrong but I think the EFL are sat waiting
for villa to drop back down for FFP charges, Cos didn't they far out spend our porcine neighbours 😀

Aye, but would imagine it'll be harder to have any past charges against them based on the past, even if they go down. They'll be in trouble financially regardless if they do go down, of course.

Wilder confirms we were looking at Cash.

Valuation was too high for us.

Wilder confirms we were looking at Cash.

Valuation was too high for us.

You’ve got to say fair play to forest - would have been easy in today’s market to accept what we offered at say 10mil and set the bar for his services.

They have done well to wait it out and extract the max possible money for him.

Well played CW. "We want Cash, how much, let me think, how about 10mil?."
"Gone to Villa, hehe dummies."
"Call Cocu, I'll take 'em both"

After seeing his "Grealish" hairstyle tonight:

Fuck Off - Fuck Off - Posters and Art Prints | TeePublic UK

Will be a good solid PL player for them, but he is a typical love himself Villa player.

Think we have done the much better business with the two lads from Derby who will come into their own later this season.

Really not bothered that we missed out on this lad tbh.

His hair is a deal-breaker anyway.

Looks like his hair has fallen out and he's fashioned a medium to construct a barnet from his own shit and bits of conifer.

Back
Top Bottom