Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We move on. Won’t lose any sleep over not chucking £15m at a player who was offering competition.

Indeed. Very much in the category of 'Would have been nice, but not necessary.' Particularly if it means more money being available for other positions.

I'm sure JJB One Touch are having a teary game of soggy biscuit over the news though.

Aye,
So have the other 19 (give or take a couple of million), plus:
We spent a significant amount of our 'summer budget' in January
We've just signed up for a 30 million mortgage
We're committed to developing & funding Shirecliffe
Our income streams are significantly compromised ( like the other 19 to a greater or lesser extent)
We've been agreeing / arranging significant uplifts in contracts

Not sure 132 million ( or even 264) goes as far as you may envisage
Probably doesn't go far enough to bringing in 16m reserves who have every chance of not displacing the current right wing back.

Considering Leicester are signing a Belgian international full back from an Italian Champions League team, for only 5 or 6 million more... There is better value further afield.

For what it's worth, I think Baldock was one of the best in the league last season, despite his offensive output not being top class. Also I think Baldock is still improving month by month. Including his crossing - he clearly works hard at all aspects of his game.

I'd be stunned if we found a better RWB for our system. Therefore I'm content with a solid backup/alternate that doesn't blow our budget. A difficult position for us to improve upon.

Not gonna lose sleep over this.

Fair play to Forest, got very good deal.

Fair play to Villa, paid over the odds and recruitment seems scattergun but got their player

Fair play to us, stuck to our guns and knew when to walk away

Fair play to Cash, probably got a 400% pay rise!

We can likely get a RWB as an able understudy to Baldock, perhaps offering more of an attacking threat and still push for a starting place for a third of the Cash fee? Simply put, if he is better than K Freeman our squad has been improved.

For whatever reason our players will always be massively undervalued by buying clubs. It is a McCabe legacy and probably why the likes of WBA feel they can offer just £4mil for Robinson. Brooks is the only transfer where I feel we got close to what he is worth.
To young to remember Lee Morris 3 million, Curtis Woodhouse 1million, Wayne Quinn 1million then.

Are Villa gonna be playing with wings backs now? Big change for them, innit?

For whatever reason our players will always be massively undervalued by buying clubs. It is a McCabe legacy and probably why the likes of WBA feel they can offer just £4mil for Robinson. Brooks is the only transfer where I feel we got close to what he is worth.

Aye
We flogged Brooks on Uncle Kev's (shared) 'watch' & (haven't (yet?)) been shafted for Robinson ( or anyone else) yet with 'Scrooge no longer involved but he's fucked up / fucked us over again
Afraid I'm struggling to join the dots and that's afore considering the roles / responsibilities / involvements in these 'deals' of the best manager we've probably ever had ( also part of K Mc 'legacy?)

Not gonna lose sleep over this.

Fair play to Forest, got very good deal.

Fair play to Villa, paid over the odds and recruitment seems scattergun but got their player

Fair play to us, stuck to our guns and knew when to walk away

Fair play to Cash, probably got a 400% pay rise!

We can likely get a RWB as an able understudy to Baldock, perhaps offering more of an attacking threat and still push for a starting place for a third of the Cash fee? Simply put, if he is better than K Freeman our squad has been improved.
There is one at Bournemouth,either the first teamer (not Francis) or the understudy (who they got from Luton)

To young to remember Lee Morris 3 million, Curtis Woodhouse 1million, Wayne Quinn 1million then.
Brian Deane’s transfer fee (to Leeds) was one of the highest in the world at the time.

Notable mentions for the sale of Claude Davis and Oliver Tebily too.

The young and spend a bit of money option: Connor Roberts

The free but probably a big wage option: Nathaniel Clyne

The short-term free, cheap wage, and probably better than K.Freeman option: Chris Gunter

The short-term free, cheap wage, and probably the same as K.Freeman option: Kieron Freeman

Aye
We flogged Brooks on Uncle Kev's (shared) 'watch' & (haven't (yet?)) been shafted for Robinson ( or anyone else) yet with 'Scrooge no longer involved but he's fucked up / fucked us over again
Afraid I'm struggling to join the dots and that's afore considering the roles / responsibilities / involvements in these 'deals' of the best manager we've probably ever had ( also part of K Mc 'legacy?)

I meant we had a history of selling players generally on the cheap under McCabe (with him as co-owner as well) and thus even now some clubs feel they can low ball us on transfers. Although unlike with Uncle Kev, we have knocked WBA on Robinson.

If McCabe was still here then I reckon Robinson would already be a WBA player.

Are Villa gonna be playing with wings backs now? Big change for them, innit?

Quite. As the main man says, "there's a lot of lazy recruitment around"...

Seems to me that Smith is out of his depth. Events contrived in Villa's favour after the re-start of last season but there is nothing to suggest that they'll do anything but struggle again this season. And if Man U lure Grealish away by the deadline in October, they've had it.

Brian Deane’s transfer fee (to Leeds) was one of the highest in the world at the time.

Notable mentions for the sale of Claude Davis and Oliver Tebily too.

Jacob Mellis
From ale addled memory we also flogged a young keeper to Chelski around the same time for a similar (1 m) fee ?

+ (for the older generation !?!) - Ian Benjamin

Back
Top Bottom