Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve got an idea? let’s try a shot on target.
It might work you know? Come on Blades!!!!

Hey fellow countryman. Good mate of mine is a blade supporter... thats 2 of you in Norn Iron ... jesting. Just wanted to say hello.
Hi Davycc, how you doing, big 45 mins of ohr season coming

A half that was poorish with a few moments of encouragement but on the whole disappointing. Defence has looked solid (bar the odd decision from Baldock to not pass to Henderson, resulting in a panicked challenge and booking for Cranie, and what looked like a knock for Baldock himself). Midfield not doing enough. Madine and McGoldrick linking up well with others, but don’t look a pairing themselves.

We aren’t pressing enough, aren’t working hard enough, and we need to step it up if we’re going to win this. Ref’s got most stuff right (including the dive and resultant booking for the Forest player), crowd have been a lot more vocal so far.
I’d like to see Henderson playing the ball short, hoofing every time takes away the option to build as it lets them sit deep and pack midfield

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS 2-0 Enda Stevens with a brilliant finish

Just don't give a sloppy goal away with five or six minutes to go FFS

Thank Christ.

Much more positive today, the "do we play long or what?" confusion is still lingering with Madine though so chances were squandered.

The two moments of "fuck this faffing abaat I'll do it" created two goals, hopefully that's something we take into the remaining games.

McG outstanding again today, if a little shot shy.

Enda looks like he got the Sky award on the pitch, fair do's from me.

The day we get emotionless refbots can't come soon enough either. As soon as he have that red we got naff all really.

Anyway 3 points, we're in the position to profit and that's all we can do.

We needed that 2nd great runup the field by Stevens for his goal.As soon as Hogan came on for Madine we dropped back .Good sub subbing on Lundstram gave us some needed size.
We are a small team especially with Bash and Egan out makes defending high balls very difficult to win.

You are all wrong. Bottlejobs one and all.

Read it on here all week long, so must be true.

In reality though , did a professional job and expended as little energy as we needed to.

Goldy was MOM .Little touches and flicks to die for.

Last week they were bottle jobs, Wilder has even hinted at it himself saying the pressure was building on them and they sat back.
Today was different in the main, we kept the pressure up for 15 minutes after the first goal, however before scoring our second we were holding on a bit against ten men. This has got to be eradicated from our game.

10 x better though and now it's over to Leeds again

Fantastic result, poor performance again though.

Would we have won if it was 11 v 11? I'm not convinced.

Come on Wigan!!!

Last week they were bottle jobs, Wilder has even hinted at it himself saying the pressure was building on them and they sat back.
Today was different in the main, we kept the pressure up for 15 minutes after the first goal, however before scoring our second we were holding on a bit against ten men. This has got to be eradicated from our game.

10 x better though and now it's over to Leeds again

I do get the disappointment about last week. I was very disappointed too.

What I didn`t understand was the " bottlers " moniker.

Did Wilder mention the word " bottlers "? Thought not.

The end of the season brings added pressure. As for holding on and making mistakes, this is football. It happens, get real or buy a helmet.

McGoldrick my motm

He’s been absolutely robbed.

We started the 2nd half much improved. The first good link-up between Madine and McGoldrick led to the red card. We got the goal after Duffy ignored the cries asking him to shoot first time before cutting inside and angling a superb effort in. We then looked surged forward looking for more...

...until Hogan came on. At which point we started moving backwards. The spell from that sub up till the Stevens goal on the break was nervy. We had Baldock, Duffy and Norwood all making bad choices on the ball, various culprits conceding needless fouls, Hendo giving us palpitations with sloppiness on the ball. It was concerning. The relief from the Stevens goal was enormous.

Overall, we got it done which is the important thing. Best atmosphere for a while too.

fantastic much needed victory for players as much just to try & right the wrongs of Saturday. as angry as i was on saturday. really proud of them today, shown what they made of to comeback from adversity & that they learnt from mistakes. because playing well wasnt in question but we always knew the test would be when we took the lead. how would we react & credit to players they kept the pressure on, didnt sit back & went for that 2nd. that goal from duffy outstanding & I thought he back to his best again. after a poor game

also credit to the fitness to keep up their level deep into that games because that has to be a record for biggest gulf in temp between same fixture last season to this season it was like a 40c swing. -10 last yr, baking & felt like 25c/30c this yr

He really came into it after they went down to 10 men. Good old hindsight though. Still maintain Dowell is a better choice with Madine and that absolute stallion (and true MOTM) McGoldrick.

I agree with the proper MOTM mcgoldrick. I said at the time before the nominees mcgoldrick

Back
Top Bottom