Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So back to business, this lunchtime, with the visit of Nottingham Forest. While things took a turn for the worse last week, not much has really changed, other than still needing to probably win all our games, and needing Leeds to lose rather than simply draw. I say take care of our own results, and wait and see what happens... Forest on a run of three straight defeats, and playing pretty badly by all accounts. According to what I've read their fans are expecting a bit of tonking today. I wish I was as confident as them that we'll win handsomely....

anyway...

Any team news? :)

Sharp and Basham both out injured...

Egan suspended

Presumably that's the end of the bad news?

JOC still ok?

Madine the likely replacement for Sharp?

Really looking forward to this today, get myself in the bar about 10.30 UK time, and enjoy match after match on TV supping at 70 pence a pint :) Happy Days. I do not expect an easy game though, but I am positive for the right result. 3-1 Blades win, Madine brace :)

UTB

I'm saying clean sheet from Deano, always bounces back after a tough result or controversial one. Madine hat-trick and he will be our hero and we'll all be singing "we've got madine".... reckon Leeds to draw later and the fight for autos is onnnn. Feeling positive.

So nervous I can't sleep, hopin we stuff em and go back second to put pressure on Weeds, hoping they have a shocker and drop to 3rd, but, I'm also hoping to win the lottery, so let's just see what happens!
Hendo.
Baldock/Cranie/Stearman/Joc/Stevens
Norwood/Fleck
Mcgoldrick
Hogan/Madine.

COYRAWW!!!!

So nervous I can't sleep, hopin we stuff em and go back second to put pressure on Weeds, hoping they have a shocker and drop to 3rd, but, I'm also hoping to win the lottery, so let's just see what happens!
Hendo.
Baldock/Cranie/Stearman/Joc/Stevens
Norwood/Fleck
Mcgoldrick
Hogan/Madine.

COYRAWW!!!!
I'd go with that team as well.

.....or at best a draw.

Looking forward to the baying/braying mob on here showing their pashun at 5 o’clock this afternoon, with their “I know the gap is now 5/6 points, but there’s 9 to play for. Leeds will start dropping points soon. It’s not over yet!”. The type of people that can’t walk past a ‘three shells & a pea’ game without getting involved.

The bench will be interesting today, has looked strong all season with plenty of options, if hogan and madine both start does that leave only Washington as a striker on the bench? I suppose if Baldock starts Freeman will get on the bench but what about at the back, Bryan? Coutts, Lundstum and......... Johnstone? Not a lot to select from, I will have probably forgotten somebody,,hopefully

Key selection decisions are:

Freeman or Baldock - George for me

Egan’s replacement - it’s got to be Stears with Cranie in for Bash.

Duffy / Dowell or Goldy in midfield? This is Wilder’s biggest dilemma. Duffy and Dowell have been frustrating recently. McGoldrick has been in good form but can he play 2 games in 4 days? I’m inclined to leave McGoldrick up top with Madine and start Duffy. Dowell could come on as sub if we need a goal and might have a point to prove against Forest.

Who starts up front? McGoldrick is too important to leave out given how essential 3 points are today I’d say, even though he can frustrate at times. Hogan simply hasn’t done enough to warrant a starting berth for me. Madine has done quite well, Brentford madness aside.

The bench: I’d go with Moore, Freeman, Lundstram, Coutts, Johnson, Washington, Bryan.

I was struggling to fill the bench and can’t think of any other options!!

The bench will be interesting today, has looked strong all season with plenty of options, if hogan and madine both start does that leave only Washington as a striker on the bench? I suppose if Baldock starts Freeman will get on the bench but what about at the back, Bryan? Coutts, Lundstum and......... Johnstone? Not a lot to select from, I will have probably forgotten somebody,,hopefully
Jake Wright super sub!

Key selection decisions are:

Freeman or Baldock - George for me

Egan’s replacement - it’s got to be Stears with Cranie in for Bash.

Duffy / Dowell or Goldy in midfield? This is Wilder’s biggest dilemma. Duffy and Dowell have been frustrating recently. McGoldrick has been in good form but can he play 2 games in 4 days? I’m inclined to leave McGoldrick up top with Madine and start Duffy. Dowell could come on as sub if we need a goal and might have a point to prove against Forest.

Who starts up front? McGoldrick is too important to leave out given how essential 3 points are today I’d say, even though he can frustrate at times. Hogan simply hasn’t done enough to warrant a starting berth for me. Madine has done quite well, Brentford madness aside.

The bench: I’d go with Moore, Freeman, Lundstram, Coutts, Johnson, Washington, Bryan.

I was struggling to fill the bench and can’t think of any other options!!
Your bench is a little odd, unless were allowed 13 players on the pitch???

Hendo
Cranie-Stearman-JOC
Baldock-Norwood-Fleck-Stevens
Mcgoldrick
Hogan-Madine

Subs: Duffy, Dowell, Lundstrum, Coutts, Moore, Washington, Johnson.

Would this not be more like it???

I wonder by who and how we will get bummed this weekend.

Ive an idea why dont we dish the bumming out for a change.

Henderson

Baldock
Cranie
Stearman
O'Connell
Stevens

Norwood
Fleck
Duffy

Madine
McGoldrick

3-0 Blades. Back to winning ways & back into second place to put the pressure back on the dirties.

COYRAWW

Hendo
Cranie-Stearman-JOC
Mcgoldrick
Hogan-Madine

Subs: Duffy, Dowell, Lundstrum, Coutts

Hendo
Cranie-Stearman-JOC
Mcgoldrick
Hogan-Madine

Subs: Duffy, Dowell, Lundstrum, Coutts, Moore, Washington, Johnson.

Would this not be more like it???

Lol good spot. Clearly I’m still hungover. So I’d have Dowell on the bench with Hogan.

Hendo
Cranie - Stears - JOC
Baldock - Norwood - Fleck - Enda
Duffy
McG - Madine

Subs: Hogan, Dowell, Moore, Freeman, Lundstram, Washington, Johnson

If Baldock still needs some time to recover fully I’d be fine with Freeman today and switch back to Baldock for Monday and the remaining games.

The defence picks itself given the options available. Only actual major decision is whether we start Duffy in his usual role, or start Hogan and switch McGoldrick back. I would probably go with the latter, simply because McGoldrick’s shown an increasing desire to drop deeper when starting up front anyway. I think Hogan is more likely to stay closer to Madine, which will suit his game more too.

Any confirmation that JOC is fit? Expected him back last game but it's been very quiet .

ere showing their pashun at 5 o’clock this afternoon, with their “I know the gap is now 5/6 points, but there’s 9 to play for. Leeds will start dropping points soon. It’s not over yet!”. The type of people that can’t walk past a ‘three shells & a pea’ game without getting involved.

I'd far rather hear from people like that than tedious miseries who can't walk past a 'three shells & a pea' game without slitting their wrists and telling everyone about it.

———Henderson———-
--cranie—-stear—-JOC—
Baldock————-Stevens
—-Norwood—-fleck———
———-mcgoldrick———
——madine—Hogan——

3-0 blades win. Think we will see the free flowing United that we have come to expect.

1-0 Wigan, bamford to miss sitter after sitter again.

If Carlsberg (piss) did good fridays eh?!

2-1 Forest, fans get blamed, Leeds win but we're assured that they were shit and 'unconvincing' and their season is falling apart despite reams of evidence to the contrary.

Back
Top Bottom