Match Day Thread: The Mighty Blades v Nottingham Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2-1 Forest, fans get blamed, Leeds win but we're assured that they were shit and 'unconvincing' and their season is falling apart despite reams of evidence to the contrary.

.....and we can all play ‘w*nk phrase’ bingo. Pick four of the following phrases and see how quickly after 14:00, all four get quoted on here.

‘We go again’
‘Twists & turns’
‘It’s still mathematically possible’
‘The pressure was off forest’
‘The crowd was subdued’
‘We had the lion’s share of possession’
‘It’s been a good season’
‘We’re above Wednesday’
‘We’d have snatched their hands off’
‘Remember where we were 3 seasons ago’
‘The budget’
‘Worked miracles’
‘A lot of teams are jealous of us’
‘No on will fancy playing us in the play offs’
‘We played some lovely football this season’
‘No matter what happens it’s been a success’

I fear Four key men out is too many.

Best chance we have is that Forest are mentally on the beach.

1-1 I think.

Win 2-1

Forest are shit.

Leeds 4-0 Wigan will knock us back on the head though.

Anyone know how the players prepare for early kick offs? Don’t they have to have lasagne at 6am to carb load or something mad like that

Just go for it and see what happens. No point holding back now and this time tomorrow we could be waking up to being back in 2nd.

The worst happens we lose, Leeds win and we can start properly preparing for the playoffs.

Nice to see the usual happy campers are out on here, writing us off before a ball is even kicked. I don't know how they get out of bed in a morning, or even bother quite frankly.

COYRAWW!!!

Anyone know how the players prepare for early kick offs? Don’t they have to have lasagne at 6am to carb load or something mad like that

I've heard that they are held down and force fed jaffa cakes, the same way you feed corn to foie gras ducks.

It’ll be Madine & McGoldrick with Duffy behind. Baldock fit. Lundstram back on the bench with Washington.

Despite the negativity after the last game, Wilder confirmed as retaining his role as manager once again.

Don't know why Duffy's starting. But glad Baldock's back. Pointless saving him for Hull if we don't win this one. Maybe Dowell being saved for Hull. But I think he's more suited than Duffy to playing with McGoldrick and Madine, as he runs beyond more.

duffy give him some leeway. he had 1 bad game after a while out last 2 seasons weve almost been a 1 man team & toothless without him

big game but then since leeds every game been big, if they players are like me they'll be itching for the game to start from monday to prove people wrong put things right. but hopefully players can cope with pressure as 4 wins needed from the final 4 & hope leeds will wobble after seeing the finish line like we & norwich have

Haven't Norwich won 8 and drawn 1 of their last 9? Wish we were wobbling like them :)

Don't know why Duffy's starting. But glad Baldock's back. Pointless saving him for Hull if we don't win this one. Maybe Dowell being saved for Hull. But I think he's more suited than Duffy to playing with McGoldrick and Madine, as he runs beyond more.

Baldock presumably wouldn’t be risked if he hadn’t sufficiently recovered from his injury. I can only assume re: Duffy that either Wilder has seen something in training that suggested Duffy might be poised to put in something more like his usual performance, or he for some reason really wants Madine & McGoldrick as the pairing. I’m assuming it’s the former tbh.

;)

IMG-20190419-143020.jpg

Cue comments of 'wow' and 'you just don't get it', but I would've been inclined to go McG in the Duffy role and start Madine & Hogan upfront. Up the ante.

Far to predictable
If we are going to decide to play the big man striker for the last third of every season we should at least learn how to incorporate one.

Sick of it time and time again, Sheffield United and a big man upfront = hoof, and abandoning everything that has got us so far

A half that was poorish with a few moments of encouragement but on the whole disappointing. Defence has looked solid (bar the odd decision from Baldock to not pass to Henderson, resulting in a panicked challenge and booking for Cranie, and what looked like a knock for Baldock himself). Midfield not doing enough. Madine and McGoldrick linking up well with others, but don’t look a pairing themselves.

We aren’t pressing enough, aren’t working hard enough, and we need to step it up if we’re going to win this. Ref’s got most stuff right (including the dive and resultant booking for the Forest player), crowd have been a lot more vocal so far.

Weigh them setting up 4-5-1 I don’t have a problem with us going long to Madine but we have to sweep up the knock downs and go wide and deep. Crossing at 45 degrees is meat and drink to any competent defender. When we get deep and cross it’s a much bigger threat.
All that said, long should be an option not the only choice. We look much better playing the ball about at pace.
Still think we tend to play one pass too many around the box.

McGoldrick and madine to far away from each other when one of them wins flick on

We’re missing Sharp today in that respect. Reads what the other does well – neither is really doing that when the other has the ball today. Would imagine we’ll be seeing Hogan fairly soon.

Back
Top Bottom