Mark Yeates [Confirmed]

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is a rumour on sky website that he is waiting to see if any other clubs come in for him

Leicester City are said to be interested

There is a rumour on sky website that he is waiting to see if any other clubs come in for him

Leicester City are said to be interested

If that is true he should be given until lunch tomorrow or told we will look at targets elsewhere.

I don't mind players looking at their options but we shouldn't allow them to use us as a fall back. Either accept the move or go elsewhere it isn't like he has done a great deal at Boro to make us wait for him.

*wants to be Signing Donkey on BU*

Has he signed yet?

Yeates Signs

Yates%20Sauchiehall%20Street.jpg

But he actually has signed too, 2 and half year deal, offish text.

Was about to call you a prick until I read the bottom bit!

Good signing IMO. welcome to BDTBL Mark.

Good, hope to get that left back of wigan and stirker wud make decent team to push for second place.. being fit all being well.

from os:

Blades on the Mark
Posted on: Tue 19 Jan 2010

United have completed the capture of Middlesbrough winger Mark Yeates, who put pen to paper on a two-and-a-half year deal at Bramall Lane on Tuesday, after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

He will wear the number 11 shirt at the Lane, although he is not available for Saturday's FA Cup encounter at Bolton Wanderers as he is cup-tied, having played in Middlesbrough's third round defeat by Manchester City.

Kevin Blackwell commented: "He's a player we have looked at before, I've had my eye on him for a year or two but we couldn't agree terms with Colchester. I'm delighted to finally get my man, although I was surprised that Boro would let him go."

Yeates began his career at Tottenham, but first played professional football during loan spells with Brighton & Hove Albion and Swindon Town in the 2003-04 season.

The 25-year-old winger made just three appearances for Spurs, before joining Colchester United on a season-long loan in 2005-06. Yeates scored five goals and helped the U's win promotion from League One.

The Irishman then signed a two-year contract extension at White Hart Lane prior to the 2006-07 campaign, but endured frustrating temporary stints at Hull City and Leicester City, before joining Colchester on a full-time basis.

Following two successful campaigns with the then Layer Road based outfit, Yeates joined Middlesbrough last summer for an undisclosed fee, making his debut against the Blades in the first game of the current campaign.

He scored for the Teessiders in the 5-1 demolition of QPR in December and last featured against Manchester City earlier this month.

Mark Yeates is pictured signing his deal with Chief Executive, Trevor Birch and Manager, Kevin Blackwell.

This signing, like ALL of our key breaking news are sent via our SMS Service BEFORE it goes live on sufc.co.uk

Be sure you're the first to know - text CLUB SHEFU GOLD to 88442 now or click here for more information.

Texts cost 25p each for Pay As You Go mobiles or £4.99 per month / £11.99 quarterly to pay by Direct Debit.

To unsubscribe from Pay As You Go, text STOP to 88442. To unsubscribe from CC or DD, please email your request to [email protected]

Don't forget you can also keep up to date with all the developments at Bramall Lane - even if you are away from your computer - thanks to free mobile internet technology.

For all the full details click here or put SHEFFIELDUTD.WAP.COM into your phone's browser.

Happy with this, looks like the type of player that our style may suit.

What now for Glen Little and Kyel Reid? Barely involved before this, and presumably both on reasonable wages.

Interview on Radio Sheffield

Didn't know he was Irish!
Found out middle of last week - happened pretty quickly.
SUFC one of the sides in the league which has everything going for them.
SUFC tried to sign him last summer.
'Big Club' (BINGO)
Played on the right for Boro, played on the left for Colchester
Cup tied
Known little Quinny since they were kids (!!!), little Derek Geary 'top lad'
Played with Hendo at Swindon.

Yeates says its been a long few days, expected it to happen last week... is delighted.

All happened pretty quickly.

Definitely one of the sides in the league that everything going for us.

Was a target in the summer, which is nice to hear... Puts a smile on his face and makes him feel wanted.

Says he enjoys playing on both sides.

Knows Quinny very well, has known him since he was little. Played with Hendo at Swindon.

Wants to make his way into the side and become a regular.

Yeates says its been a long few days, expected it to happen last week... is delighted.

All happened pretty quickly.

Definitely one of the sides in the league that everything going for us.

Was a target in the summer, which is nice to hear... Puts a smile on his face and makes him feel wanted.

Says he enjoys playing on both sides.

Knows Quinny very well, has known him since he was little. Played with Hendo at Swindon.

Wants to make his way into the side and become a regular.

I'm flattered.

If he knew Quinny when he was little then he could have quite easily only met him yesterday!!!

I applaud this signing. We replace the hugely overrated Cotterill with a proper goal-scoring winger [check his career record] and make a profit.

Well done Blackwell and a warm welcome to Mark Yeates. I look forward to seeing you in this impressive midfield: YWHW (looks like the unpronouncable Hebrew word for Jehovah)

I'm a little worried about Loughborough's suggestion that he will fit into our style of play. I was rather hoping he'd be a welcome step towards changing it for the better.

With him playing right midfield at Boro and on the left at Colchester where do you think Blackie will deploy him?

I'm going for the left in place of Quinn (harsh given his last match performance).

Another more technical signing to go with Blackies other this year. Evans, Williamson, Harper, Camara, and now Yeates. If we go back to launching it long for Hendo I will really be struggling to understand what is going on in Blackies head.
Walker, Seip, Morgan, Taylor, Ward, Harper, Willo, Yeates, Evans, Hendo is certainly one of the most technical team we've had at the Lane since Spackman.

With him playing right midfield at Boro and on the left at Colchester where do you think Blackie will deploy him?

I'm going for the left in place of Quinn (harsh given his last match performance).

Another more technical signing to go with Blackies other this year. Evans, Williamson, Harper, Camara, and now Yeates. If we go back to launching it long for Hendo I will really be struggling to understand what is going on in Blackies head.
Walker, Seip, Morgan, Taylor, Ward, Harper, Willo, Yeates, Evans, Hendo is certainly one of the most technical team we've had at the Lane since Spackman.
I would expect Yeates to be on the right with Quinn or Ward on the left. If the latter (which would be my favoured option despite Quinny's recent improvement) there would be flexibility to switch and additional goal - scoring potential.

I would expect Yeates to be on the right with Quinn or Ward on the left. If the latter (which would be my favoured option despite Quinny's recent improvement) there would be flexibility to switch and additional goal - scoring potential.

Looks like a good signing. I agree with the above - Yeates on the right, Ward on the left and switching between the two. A lot of good sides have interchangeable wide men which makes the full backs life a lot harder. If we could spring for one more player I think we would be ok for the rest of the season.

Well I'm sure, you know, he's going to be a useful addition to the squad, you know.

You know, I think he could play either side, you know, and swap with Wardy.

You know, I think it gives us a good option, you know and hopefully Willo and Harper will get to play together, you know. At home at least, you know.
:)

Welcome to BDTBL Mark.

After Blackwells succesful transformation of Stewart from LB to RW, I think we can safely assume that Yeates will be played at centre back ;)

Good signing though :) happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom