Mark Yeates [Confirmed]

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Duncan,
you're miles too negative, once again. Join the chin up club someone started...it's great in here.

The inevitability of it all...

1. We won't get anyone in this transfer window. Show some ambition United. Wheres the money we were promised? McCabe out, Blackwell out!

We spend £500k on Creswell (4 goals in 8) and looks like we'll spend another £500k on a decent wide middie

2. They're both crap. Boooooooooooo!

We were promised money though Dunc - so let's see. Cresswell was already in the bag and if we've paid a fee, most reports sugest it was "nominal". As for any other signings, let's view them at the end of the window when we see who (if anyone)'s gone to pay for them.

McCabe said we "invested" in the summer. If you agree with him, then you clearly see things differently to me.

UTB

Quality signing IMO. Runs for 90 mins, touch of class and certainly wont be pushed off the ball easily!! Also can play on both sides.

great signing - quinny out now surely?

I'm not sure you should be spreading rumours about his preferences on here:D

Blackwell hopefull of Yeates having a medical on Monday.

I suppose the money for Yeates has come from the sale of Cotterill.
Killa not on the bench? A mystery illness or talking terms, if he is going it is better off now than at 11:55 on deadline day.
Could be one in and one out on monday.

Kevin Blackwell says: "The game against Middlesbrough was a classic example of wide players heavily involved in winning games."

That would be the atrocious never looked like anyone scoring seriously boring 0-0 draw then??? Good signing but wosseeonabahhht????

Kevin Blackwell says: "The game against Middlesbrough was a classic example of wide players heavily involved in winning games."

That would be the atrocious never looked like anyone scoring seriously boring 0-0 draw then??? Good signing but wosseeonabahhht????

I thought we won 1-0......
:)

Have information from a strong source that the following are on their way;

Mark Yeates - Permanent transfer (Obviously)
Marcel Seip - Transfer to be made permanent
Gary McSheffrey - On loan until the end of the season

Matt Kilgallon - To Everton for 1.75M

By the looks of it that will finance the above three. I will settle for that. UTB!

By the looks of it that will finance the above three. I will settle for that. UTB!

Time will tell but I can't see the point in getting Yeates and McSheffrey unless someone else is leaving. Reid and Little can't get a game now, it's only a matter of time before Wardy and even Cresswell are moved back wide and with the undroppable Squinny, it's difficult to see where McSheffrey will fit in.

Can Seip's move be made permanent?

I ask because as has Puppet I've heard Naughton will also be back possibly this week and with Bunn, Seip, Harper, Naughton, Walker, McSheffrey that's too many loan players.

One other question for those in the know, why don't we just take on Harpers contract till the end of the season? The only argument the other way is that he is on a pretty penny, far more than we would want to pay in the summer. Can anyone shed any light on it?

Anyway if all that happens Lou and Naughton arrives I would say we are starting to look very strong for the playoffs and a run at automatic.

we have taken on Harper's contract until the end of the season...we did that when we signed him.

not sure why we'd be signing all these wide players. with our surplus of strikers Ward will be playing out wide until the end of the season, Quinny is on the left and WIlliamson is playing wid eright to accomodate Monty and Harper in the middle. So either Yeates or McSheffrey would be a good call but surely not both? plus McSheffrey has hardly kicked a ball for 12 months so can't be match fit

we have taken on Harper's contract until the end of the season...we did that when we signed him.

not sure why we'd be signing all these wide players. with our surplus of strikers Ward will be playing out wide until the end of the season, Quinny is on the left and WIlliamson is playing wid eright to accomodate Monty and Harper in the middle. So either Yeates or McSheffrey would be a good call but surely not both? plus McSheffrey has hardly kicked a ball for 12 months so can't be match fit

Aye, we took over his contract but he's classed as a loan.

I agree on McSheffrey, old, hasbeen and injury prone, i really can't see the attraction.

So either Yeates or McSheffrey would be a good call but surely not both? plus McSheffrey has hardly kicked a ball for 12 months so can't be match fit

Yeates - Yay.

McSheffrey - shEFF off.

Didn't someone recently have some rumour about us offloading Reid to Scunny or summat?

Don't forget we've got Jordan Barrington Stewert too.........:tumbleweed:

Aye, we took over his contract but he's classed as a loan.

I agree on McSheffrey, old, hasbeen and injury prone, i really can't see the attraction.

Got to say I don't think we get anything out of Williamson on the right.
He should be in the middle with Harper letting Ward play on the right.

Harper/Monty/Willo it's two from three for me.

As for McSheffrey, which side does Yeates prefer to play on? I know he can play either but which is his most comfortable side? Unless I getting my players mixed up and I'm think he is someone else.

If we sign Yeates then surely McSheffrey is an extra man and hopefully on a pay as you play deal.

'Bob...'I don't think we get anything out of Williamson on the right'...except a goal at QPR ;-) agree with the sentiment though, I think he'd be better in the middle. Blackwell clearly doesn't want to drop Monty or Harper so is playing him 'out of position'.

He's got some difficult decisions to make going forward, 4 from Monty, Haprer, Quinn, Williamson, Ward and Yeates and 2 from Hendo, Cresswell, Evans and Camara.

Infact looking at those front 10 we really should be pushing for automatic promotion.

Can Seip's move be made permanent?

I ask because as has Puppet I've heard Naughton will also be back possibly this week and with Bunn, Seip, Harper, Naughton, Walker, McSheffrey that's too many loan players.

One other question for those in the know, why don't we just take on Harpers contract till the end of the season? The only argument the other way is that he is on a pretty penny, far more than we would want to pay in the summer. Can anyone shed any light on it?

Anyway if all that happens Lou and Naughton arrives I would say we are starting to look very strong for the playoffs and a run at automatic.

Im not sure about Seip, Bob. I dont see any reason why it cant be made permanent but then again I dont know the nature of the loan arrangement. I think we have effectively taken Harper's contract on but the loan was as good as really.

As far as Naughton is concerned I dont think thats going to happen. A couple of people told me he cant stand Blackwell and doesnt want to play for him again which is disappointing. Plus ive heard him linked with Hull today so we will see.

Time will tell but I can't see the point in getting Yeates and McSheffrey unless someone else is leaving. Reid and Little can't get a game now, it's only a matter of time before Wardy and even Cresswell are moved back wide and with the undroppable Squinny, it's difficult to see where McSheffrey will fit in.

McSheffrey will slot into the left wing slot with little trouble IMO. Cresswell was a short term solution on the left - hence him playing up front saturday and as much as I like Quinny, McSheffrey is a better player. Yeates will operate mainly down the right I would have thought and will provide competition for Wardy.

It does look bad for Reid and Little though I must agree.

McSheffrey will slot into the left wing slot with little trouble IMO. Cresswell was a short term solution on the left - hence him playing up front saturday and as much as I like Quinny, McSheffrey is a better player. Yeates will operate mainly down the right I would have thought and will provide competition for Wardy.

It does look bad for Reid and Little though I must agree.

So McSheffrey on the left, Yeates on the right, Cresswell up top, (can't drop him at the moment!).......

so, that's 3 places, (2 x centre mid and 1 up top) to fill from;

Ward
Evans
Henderson
Quinn
Harper
Montgomery
Williamson

Who all, (apart from darius) started on saturday.

Personally if we do sign both it's got to be a midfield of Yeates, Williamson, Harper & McSheffrey. Evans would get the nod at the moment alongside Cresswell.

So McSheffrey on the left, Yeates on the right, Cresswell up top, (can't drop him at the moment!).......

Personally if we do sign both it's got to be a midfield of Yeates, Williamson, Harper & McSheffrey. Evans would get the nod at the moment alongside Cresswell.

Your midfield is spot on. Yeates and Jamie Ward would be neck and neck for the right hand side but you can play Wardy up top as well so he has the opportunity to vye for more than one slot.

Evans' performances have improved but Hendo has to play every time for me. Based on merit this season I would go Hendo and Cresswell just at the moment. Camara and Evans would be pushing them hard to start though in my mind.

Personally I wouldnt bother with mcSheffrey - quality player but too incosistent and injured very regualry.

If we do sign Yeates he cna go on the right and i dont see a problem with Wardy goin gon the left (I'm not KB on disguise - playing people out of position), its just that Ward doesnt go the the byline to get crosses in so he would be just a useful on the left. Also would be handy for cutting inside and having a pop at goal.

That would leave a very good (IMO) midfield of Ward, Harper, Willo, Yeates. With decent cover for the wings, although I still think we need another crestive midfielder to push Harper and Willo.

Upfront for the moment has to be Cresswell and Evans (starting to link up well) with Camra to come on and bully the defence for the last 15-30 mins. Would prefer Camra to start but I dont think he is fit enough - yet.

Henderson & Cresswell up front is asking us to be too one dimensional.

We have finally started to try and play a bit of football, (whilst Henderson was out, just a coincidence?) and Evans & Cresswell seem to be developing a good understanding. Would be just as happy with Camara or Wardy up top too.

According to football transfer rumours site this deal could be off as Yeates waits to see if another club comes in for him which suit his style more.
Anybody else heard owt??
UTB

Is this transfer ever going to be completed?! The longer it goes on with United the more I worry.

What can be difficult - agree a fee; agree a salary and additional terms; have a medical; sign the papers and get on with it for fuck sake

Oh wait - agents.....sorry I forgot.

Back
Top Bottom