Player Suggestion Marcus Maddison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hold on, so a team comes in for our players and the players see the glamour of playing at a higher level so we cannot hold on to them yet Peterborough will not let this player go! Again a great example of our club not being good enough when it comes to transfers.

He has a release clause I think. Probably about £2.5m. Should be possible, but probably not, because..... owners.

Agreed, we won't be spending anymore money on permanent signings til the ownership situation is sorted.

Agreed, we won't be spending anymore money on permanent signings til the ownership situation is sorted.
He's not worth £2 and a half million had one decent season ,nothing special about him since,he might be worth a punt for a million plus add ons if he makes it.Can't see Wilder taking a gamble on him.

Eh?

I said Peterborough demand ridiculous transfer fees

I know. And I said it’s ridiculous that they do such a thing. A league 1 club surely can’t tirn down any old bid that comes in. Sheffield United have proved this time and again. Bid comes in, player leaves. When did we ever demand a ridiculous transfer fee?

Another unjustified infatuation like Morsy, Agard (and the many others!) IMHO. He may be turn out to be Champ standard but so far in his career he's played no higher than L1, reportedly has attitude issues and not one of the 44 Prem and Champ clubs have decided to take a punt on him so far despite the P'boro Chairman publicly hawking him like something off a market stall . I think that may tell you all you need to know.

Unfortunately Peterborough demand ridiculous transfer fees

We cant afford him. Not even close

He has a release clause I think. Probably about £2.5m. Should be possible, but probably not, because..... owners.

I'm certain he'll cost less than Egan in terms of transfer fees, so by that logic; we can afford him.

Whether we're in the market for him, or similar alternative, is another question...

I'm certain he'll cost less than Egan in terms of transfer fees, so by that logic; we can afford him.

Whether we're in the market for him, or similar alternative, is another question...
You're just being rational now. I can't argue with that.

I can't see us spending cash on Maddison now we have Dowell. We have greater needs

You're just being rational now. I can't argue with that.

I can't see us spending cash on Maddison now we have Dowell. We have greater needs

Your last paragraph perfectly sums up the point I was trying to make;

If we don't sign Maddison, it will be an issue of preference, rather than a financial constraint.

Given Dowell can play as a second striker it's not impossible to envisage.

He can also cover left wing back.

You could arguably offload Johnson and a striker and bring in just one player.

Given Dowell can play as a second striker it's not impossible to envisage.

He can also cover left wing back.

You could arguably offload Johnson and a striker and bring in just one player.

Is Johnson 'offloadable'? I understood it is a season long loan and both clubs would have to agree an earlier return (as per Woodburn). I can't see M'boro wanting him back.

That all said, I would like to see him given a go wide left. His delivery is excellent and would be perfect service for Madine.

Is Johnson 'offloadable'? I understood it is a season long loan and both clubs would have to agree an earlier return (as per Woodburn). I can't see M'boro wanting him back.

That all said, I would like to see him given a go wide left. His delivery is excellent and would be perfect service for Madine.

I doubt Johnson can play for anyone else if he’s played for us and boro (limited to 2 clubs a season).

So unless boro are thinking of playing him they may as well bleed us for his wages for the season....

That said he hasn’t had much of a chance yet and could still be an option. But he has to improve, he’s looked well off the pace in the limited chances he’s had so far - I can’t really think of anything he’s created / added yet

Boro probably didn't expect to not be picking Downing.

His next game triggers a wage increase that they don't want to pay.

That makes them down one left winger from the bench.

I've seen less likely 2+2 scenarios.

Boro probably didn't expect to not be picking Downing.

His next game triggers a wage increase that they don't want to pay.

That makes them down one left winger from the bench.

I've seen less likely 2+2 scenarios.

We'll swap him for Downing then

We should always sign lots of players from Other Clubs. Other Clubs have fantastic players. All of them. Every one.

Unfortunately, Other Clubs never sell their players for anything but hugely outrageous fees and always buy at a massive discount. They are all really, really good at transfers. All of them. Every one.

Boo United.

We ❤️ Other Clubs.

In my view the argument about how we let our players go as soon as a 'bigger club' coming knocking, yet lower league clubs like Peterborough seem to be able to hang on to their prized assetts, to me comes down to valuation.

If we bid for a player and the selling club demand a fee that we consider to be above the players actul worth, we rightly stick to our transfer fee structure and don;t pay over the odds. On the flip side, if a club come in for one of our prized assetts and meet the valuation placed on the player by Wilder and his team, we will sell.

Its that simple and I know we've been scolded in the past, but other than been dissappointed we couldn't hold on to Brooks, I think Wilder gets it right and I won't use a post on social media that has no connection back to Sheff Utd making an actual bid as a stick to bash the club with.

Must change my glasses... not seen his delivery excellence!

Seems like a come and get me plea from Maddison and I can't see us going for him now we've signed Dowell.

Always liked Maddison to be fair though.

We should always sign lots of players from Other Clubs. Other Clubs have fantastic players. All of them. Every one.

Unfortunately, Other Clubs never sell their players for anything but hugely outrageous fees and always buy at a massive discount. They are all really, really good at transfers. All of them. Every one.

Boo United.

We ❤️ Other Clubs.

So if you don’t think we should sign players from other clubs, Pinchy, where should be turn to improve the first team squad?

The academy, you say? Bring through some of the club’s own youth products? I like where this is going.

Maddison has a great record, people with far less impressive stats have been snapped up by Championship clubs. Which begs the question as to why he hasn't been?

Maddison has a great record, people with far less impressive stats have been snapped up by Championship clubs. Which begs the question as to why he hasn't been?
Bit of a billy big bollocks by all accounts.

He wears 2 different coloured boots, dead giveaway.

Back
Top Bottom