Player Suggestion Marcus Maddison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesmanstan

Reaction score
Ive liked this guy for a long time now and he is becoming better and better every season. This season in League 1 he has played 39 games, scored 9 and made 14 assists, for a young midfielder thats not bad. I think he can work well in any team.

No, that's not him, it was Coventry's James Maddison who signed for Norwich.

Marcus Maddison is capable of some impressive things, but he's a show pony. Very selfish player who tries ridiculous things all the time, most of all shooting from impossible distances.

I'd take him based on the ability he has - he's obviously better than what we've got, but for what he'd cost he wouldn't be worth it.

Can't see this happening any time soon on the basis their chairman is brilliant at getting the best price possible for P'boro's assets and we seemingly haven't got a pot to p!ss in. Good player mind

6 goals and 8 assists. Think I remember hearing Peterborough chairman wants out so maybe they won't play as much hard ball as they used to.

Take him if you can tame him, and make him part of the team and less about himself.

well that's it, its whether he can be controlled and unleashed when wilder wants. 8 assists would suggest he's not as selfish as he used to be. If wilder feels he's a player he could work with, we could have a hell of a player on our hands, a decent age too. A move to a bigger pond might help him. I always like to have a squad with at least one player who thinks he's the dogs bollocks. They can be a nightmare but at the same time when the teams in a rut they keeping trying for something special to change the game.

Really like the look of him, good age and plenty of skill and pace.

Some questions about application but if anyone can bring the best out of him it's Wilder and Knill.

All depends on how much Posh want for him firstly though

Also worth noting that Michael Bostwick has been transfer listed too. both would be very good addition. fair play to Peterborough though very brave policy

Their chairman answered a blade on twitter saying along the lines of its been a while since we spent anything like that, but we are up and have lots of dough now in champ so who knows...

On paper he's probably the best we could get in the number 10 position. Don't know about his personality but we know Wilder wouldn't sign someone who would upset the apple cart. Ricky Holmes would be decent though obviously, much cheaper and Wilder knows him and vice versa.

Also worth noting that Michael Bostwick has been transfer listed too. both would be very good addition. fair play to Peterborough though very brave policy

Yep! This is where we need to be looking for talent. Or maybe not?

On paper he's probably the best we could get in the number 10 position. Don't know about his personality but we know Wilder wouldn't sign someone who would upset the apple cart. Ricky Holmes would be decent though obviously, much cheaper and Wilder knows him and vice versa.

He's a different sort of number 10 to what we've got, more of a pure dribbler than a link up player, but a big part of his appeal for me is his versatility. He's probably more natural as a winger and that's where I think he'd be best in the Championship.

So if we signed him we could have a high calibre number 10 option without necessarily blocking Carruthers' route into the first team, if he stays. They could both play in the same team, certainly if we changed from 3-5-2.

Maddison...isn't he the one that PoshBlade refers to as "a show pony"? and isn't he the guy with the weird haircut who had all our fans singing, "he's got a shed on his head?" at Peterboro?

Well, he has looked dangerous in flashes for them I admit. And he's been transfer listed and the Peterboro Chairman is doing his best to start an auction. He was on Twitter yesterday stoking it up by saying we may be interested in him and today he's in the press saying Leeds should sign him.

We should ask Posh Blade to expand on Maddison and tell us what he could offer to this side? He's an attacking left-sided midfielder isn't he?

For me this is the kind of winger CW would get in if he was looking for one. A playmaker who adds pace and trickery whilst also being handy in other positions (I.e left back and number 10). The fact that we don't have anyone who ticks all of these boxes whilst being left footed as well would put it as one of the priorities on my list. I think we can definitely be improved with either Maddison, Oztumer or a cheeky loan offer for Jamie Murphy.

Back
Top Bottom