Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 27th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANU
MANU
MANU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1611608209853.png v. 1611608221116.png
EPL Week 20 - Wednesday 27th January 2021 - Old Trafford

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/manchester-united-vs-sheffield-united.528/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Martin Atkinson
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Marc Perry

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 20.56.18.png

Second time I’ve watched Motd this season. Hopefully this can help propel us to 12 points, proper defensive performance and players worked hard to a man. We got the luck that’s been missing all season. Well done Blades.

Fantastic win.
Jags was outstanding - he was blowing out of his arse after 20 mins yet kept plugging away, I bet he can't walk for a week when he wakes up today!

Ramsdale - although he dropped the ball on on occasion he played well after. Hopefully he can take some confidence from this!

Fleck - immense!! My MOM

Bryan - thought he played well. Any reason he was subbed? Injury?

Burke - was a real nuisance when he came on. If he could finish we would have a real player on our hands.

I noticed in the after match interview CW said thanks to the BT staff and also Rio for their "support". After this comment the interview seemed to abuptly end. Was that a sly dig at Rio by CW or am I looking too much into it?

Nail biting on the edge of the seat win. Absolutely fabulous. Jags MOTM for me. I think Burkes shot would have gone in anyway there was one replay behind the goal showing it would have gone under De Gea. No. 31 pushed Billy anyway what! 😊

By the final whistle!

For the record, I find both sets of reactions funny, as they beautifully illustrate what we as Blades are really like: pessimism, woe-is-me, gallows humour, then joy, tears, and witticisms.

Screenshot_20210127_221026_com.android.chrome.jpg

Wow, when it's time to stage a league comeback, there is no bigger stage than Old Trafford.

It was like watching the Blades from last season, everyone held their head high, got stuck in, and just went for it.

Incredible night, and a real shame we couldn't be there in person.

Up the Mighty Blades!
Based on the pre game comments no one would have been there.
The lack of support and respect for the team was astounding. All crawled into the woodwork but will return after the next defeat no doubt.

proper defensive performance

Agreed - we got forward when it was sensible to get forward as against pushing forward at every opportunity and then getting picked off by pace,

Roaming centre backs is a nice theory, but the balance last night against extremely good footballers was spot on. We stopped them doing what they do very well and got little credit for it except from the MoTD crowd.

UTB

I think we might have a player in young Bryan after all. Well done Blades for a truly gutsy display.
Wondered why we kept him but each time he's played this season he's been a pleasant surprise. After tonight - not quite a Blades Legend, but gets a place in the story

Wondered why we kept him but each time he's played this season he's been a pleasant surprise. After tonight - not quite a Blades Legend, but gets a place in the story
This season he has surprised when he's played. Definitely will be remembered now. That's the first time many will have seen us win at OT.

Fantastic win.
Jags was outstanding - he was blowing out of his arse after 20 mins yet kept plugging away, I bet he can't walk for a week when he wakes up today!

Ramsdale - although he dropped the ball on on occasion he played well after. Hopefully he can take some confidence from this!

Fleck - immense!! My MOM

Bryan - thought he played well. Any reason he was subbed? Injury?

Burke - was a real nuisance when he came on. If he could finish we would have a real player on our hands.

I noticed in the after match interview CW said thanks to the BT staff and also Rio for their "support". After this comment the interview seemed to abuptly end. Was that a sly dig at Rio by CW or am I looking too much into it?
As much as I find Ferdinand unwatchable, I can't imagine he would influence the Producer and Director. Unless there in his pocket. Anything is possible I guess. 😨
Crouchy did pay compliments to our defence and midfield and said we thoroughly deservred the win.Some consolation I guess.

As much as I find Ferdinand unwatchable, I can't imagine he would influence the Producer and Director. Unless there in his pocket. Anything is possible I guess. 😨
Crouchy did pay compliments to our defence and midfield and said we thoroughly deservred the win.Some consolation I guess.
The night before,at the end of the programme,Ferdinand said to the presenter “see you tomorrow when Man Utd go back to the top of the league”. Might be something to do with that

The night before,at the end of the programme,Ferdinand said to the presenter “see you tomorrow when Man Utd go back to the top of the league”. Might be something to do with that
I was tempted to use the phrase "arrogant prick", but humility got the better of me.😆

Blades Fans Reaction video (worth a watch this):

And yes I did create 'Ho Ho Ho Kean Bryan'.

Back
Top Bottom