Match Thread Manchester City v. Sheffield United - 30th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANC
MANC
MANC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1611958416228.png v. 1611958423426.png
EPL Week 21 - Saturday 30th January 2021 - Etihad Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/manchester-city-vs-sheffield-united.529/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Jonathan Moss
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 22.12.57.png

MATCH PREVIEW

Watch here
👉

This video includes:

• Man United win de-brief
  • Team News
  • Score Predictions
  • Memorable Matches
  • Player Connections

Well after that magnificent result on Wednesday we now have the chance to follow it with more of the same against their city rivals... Lol. We can hope of course...

So...

Any team news?

Dare to go unchanged?

Surely Egan returns..

I expected nothing on Wednesday but wasn't fearing a hammering. Rightly or wrongly I feel exactly the same this afternoon... But fingers crossed as always... 2 nil defeat. Lol

UTB

Come on my lovely Blades, show the watching world that Wednesday night was no fluke. Let’s give these overblown fuckers a game. If it’s too late to save ourselves from relegation, let’s at least cause a few problems for the knobs at the top.

Wednesday night was the boiler plate for this one.
Tougher opponents than manure but if we absorb the pressure and look to hit on the break, if we keep our discipline and work hard for each other, if everyone can play at the top of their game again we could stay in this one to the end. And you never know......

Let's just try and keep the score down and then sneak a win against west rom and one more point after that so we finish on 12 anything after that is a bonus

With West Brom after Man City, we just need to try and get through this match without losing the confidence boost that Wednesday night’s win will have given us.

A draw would be unbelievable, but a narrow defeat with us scoring wouldn’t be too bad in our quest for 12 points.

Just read that free digital programme Rooks posted and it says they’re 21-2 up in their last 8 games! I genuinely would take a battling 3-0 loss.

The last time a team won away at both Manchester clubs in a season was Liverpool in 2008/09.

The last time a team did it in consecutive games was also Liverpool back in April 1982.

22/1 today. We couldn’t, could we?

On Wednesday I said the football gods would be with us, they were so I am hoping now they stay on our side.😀

Have another go, please, United. Our second goal against Man Utd shows what can happen when we get up the pitch and pull the trigger. At the end of the day we’re playing 11 other blokes, not Thanos or Godzilla. UTB

What weve been doing to many times this season, is getting into good attacking positions in the final 3rd, then start tippy tapping the ball around the box then loosing position, instead of whipping it in early or even early strikes outside the box

My view is that hardly any of us would have believed we could get a point at both OT and the Etihad, so we're ahead of the curve already.

Anything today would be a huge bonus but considering the opposition we will spend much of the game out of possession and so my mind is on the recovery for the huge game in a few days.

I’ve gone for 3-0 City, they’re the leagues best and have goals all over the pitch.

David Coote in charge is a concern.

With West Brom after Man City, we just need to try and get through this match without losing the confidence boost that Wednesday night’s win will have given us.

and try to get through without a) a sending off and b) another player injured.

According to my little book King Charles 1 was beheaded on this date in 1649,
So could this mean that by 4.49 pm we will have knocked the block off another one of footballs royalty, ?

couldn't happen could it ..

Or then again .........maybe........:tumbleweed:

Egan back, Burke up front for his pace, will we see Sander Berge on the bench ?

You beat me to it !

Reckon those will be the 2 changes in the team.

We are going to get minimal ball and minimal chances - with balls over the top when City push on with both full backs.

We'll get..........perhaps a couple of chances all game - take one, and who knows..........for ever the optimist!

UTB

Anyway we are going to win today, had a dream last night, Keith Edwards got 2, and Alan Woodward got a 97th minute winner from the penalty spot in a 6-5 win...............

A bit of this spirit today please United...

The last time a team won away at both Manchester clubs in a season was Liverpool in 2008/09.

The last time a team did it in consecutive games was also Liverpool back in April 1982.

22/1 today. We couldn’t, could we?
I took 20/1 and draw at 8/1. Based on last match Vs Manure why not. COYRAWW!😎

Back
Top Bottom