Man Utd Away!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

@samjohnson77

Reaction score
Blades... do we have a list of pubs where we are all going to congregate before the game on Saturday?!

I wish I had a ticket to then be able to consider pubs - been on the phone for an hour and not even got in the queue. Not hopeful!

I'd guess the pubs around Picadilly station and square?

Yeah I was thinking around Picadilly - roll on Saturday!

Me and the missus are making a night of it and stopping over. Booked travel lodge in Salford quays.so hopefully going to get down there nice and early have some dinner and some drinks. Then off to match then drinks after to celebrate hopefully.

dinner and some drinks

Get yersen to Almost Famous. I'm gutted I didn't get a ticket because I haven't been for fucking ages. They do incredible burgers. This was one of their recent Xmas specials...

2bv9qg.png

Manchester United get special dispensation from the FA to cap their away ticket allocations at the same number as for league matches. So the 15% percent rule goes out of the window for them only.

In other words they don't want their day-trippers being outsung by 3,000 extra Unitedites.

Manchester United get special dispensation from the FA to cap their away ticket allocations at the same number as for league matches. So the 15% percent rule goes out of the window for them only.

In other words they don't want their day-trippers being outsung by 3,000 extra Unitedites.

Someone on Twitter was claiming it was capped by GMP on H&S grounds?

Either way it's a big shame. I've missed out due to a fuck up with my wages. Should've been paid on Saturday when I could have bought tickets, but had to wait until Monday. Didn't fancy a 5am rise to go down and queue for tickets when it's back-to-work day.

Someone on Twitter was claiming it was capped by GMP on H&S grounds?

Either way it's a big shame. I've missed out due to a fuck up with my wages. Should've been paid on Saturday when I could have bought tickets, but had to wait until Monday. Didn't fancy a 5am rise to go down and queue for tickets when it's back-to-work day.

I doubt H&S is the case. Man Utd whinged to the FA some years ago about allocations and the sharing of gate receipts for the FA Cup (they didn't see why they had to share).
And I can still remember when they opted out of the FA Cup altogether to play some shit international tournement involving such footballing giants as Necaxa and Vasco Da Gama.
Their sense of entitlement is staggering.

Me and the missus are making a night of it and stopping over. Booked travel lodge in Salford quays.so hopefully going to get down there nice and early have some dinner and some drinks. Then off to match then drinks after to celebrate hopefully.
I'm gonna be honest BB, judging by your avatar, if that was my missus I'd be making a night of it too, football or no football.
If however that is your neice, please ignore everything I ever say :eek:

I can recommend ex-Servicemen's club, close to Trafford Bar tram stop, 10-15 mins walk to OT. £1 or 50p to get in, cheap beer, usually easy enough to get served, 3 or 4 big rooms and they do pies!

For those Blades who haven't got tickets, have the home ends sold out yet? If not get a ticket sat with the 'mancs'.

I'd guess the pubs around Picadilly station and square?

Get yourself in The Waldorf, tucked away around the corner from the Mal Maison hotel if it's still there? Cracking old boozer, I fondly remember Unitedites were welcomed with open arms after the Cup Semi in '03!

I'm gonna be honest BB, judging by your avatar, if that was my missus I'd be making a night of it too, football or no football.
If however that is your neice, please ignore everything I ever say :eek:
Steady on SJ......... That's my daughter!!

:eek::eek:
Get yersen to Almost Famous. I'm gutted I didn't get a ticket because I haven't been for fucking ages. They do incredible burgers. This was one of their recent Xmas specials...

2bv9qg.png

Sweet Jesus of nazaria

Will Adkins stick with the same team at Old Trafford, perhaps playing Done or Adams for Sammon?

Clough's cup team was differently set up with many small, tenacious players. Would we have a better chance if we tried that again?

My first-ever post and sorry to say that it's a tedious bit of advice about getting to Old Trafford on Saturday.
I have seen that many are planning pre-match drinks in the City Centre and in particular around the Piccadilly area. Please be warned that the normally slick tram service is suffering disruption due to major tramline extension works in the City Centre. The 2 cross-city lines are down to one (which therefore has to alternate northbound and southbound trams) and there will inevitably be delays in the service down the Altrincham line towards Old Trafford. So avoid frustration by allowing a little extra time. This is not an occasion to arrive late and miss the GCB Song at kick-off - it might be all downhill after that !

My first-ever post and sorry to say that it's a tedious bit of advice about getting to Old Trafford on Saturday.
I have seen that many are planning pre-match drinks in the City Centre and in particular around the Piccadilly area. Please be warned that the normally slick tram service is suffering disruption due to major tramline extension works in the City Centre. The 2 cross-city lines are down to one (which therefore has to alternate northbound and southbound trams) and there will inevitably be delays in the service down the Altrincham line towards Old Trafford. So avoid frustration by allowing a little extra time. This is not an occasion to arrive late and miss the GCB Song at kick-off - it might be all downhill after that !

Welcome. Was personally looking at heading to Deansgate away from Piccadilly, seen trouble around there everytime I've been to Manc for football. Hoping to jump on tram at Denasgate.

Club has just tweeted that they're thinking of opening International Bar for any blades interested in watching the game there and asking if people would be interested. I've got BT at home so probably won't bother but just thought I'd mention in case anyone was at a loss for somewhere to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom