Technical Director

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bad joke. I'll do it for 30k salary and relocation costs. There, now it's a genuine proposal.

Can't be hard to improve on our "current" set up.

Yes we do need these more modern job roles. We have practically nobody at the club 😂

Bad joke. I'll do it for 30k salary and relocation costs. There, now it's a genuine proposal.

Can't be hard to improve on our "current" set up.

Yes we do need these more modern job roles. We have practically nobody at the club 😂
Fair enough 🤨

We do need one. And it should be someone with a fresh pair of eyes and no previous connection to the club.

The last thing we need is someone who “knows” or “gets” the club. It’s that sort of bullshit that guarantees mediocrity whilst the rest of the footballing world moves forwards.

Apparently the Technical Director role has been discussed at Board Level. Was rejected as an idea in favour of the current system.

Never heard anyone say that
Ever
You must’ve either chosen to ignore it or not used the internet for about 2 months.

90% of the suggestions for new manager around when Hecky got sacked were Wilder, Warnock, Brucey.

You must’ve either chosen to ignore it or not used the internet for about 2 months.

90% of the suggestions for new manager around when Hecky got sacked were Wilder, Warnock, Brucey.
Not talking about a manger though are we this thread is for technical director

What is our current system?
The person I spoke to only referenced the Recruitment element of it but it sounded like a very standard approach where various department managers take care of there own remit. My understanding of the Technical Director role, is that they oversee the whole thing, inc Recruitment strategy, medical facilities/staff, academy etc etc.

I have no preference to either approach. I'm just curious about this role as more and more clubs are seemingly going with this approach. I never really get the impression we're "ahead of the game" when it comes to running a club.

I get that we have no money to spend on top players, so we have to be creative and improve in other ways. Maybe this is one way? I have no idea.

Technical directors, directors of football, and other titles also get blamed when a club isn't doing well. Usually with a "can't blame the manager, I heard all the signings were such and such's fault".

What does a technical director do that we won't already have people doing under a different title or department name? I doubt it's a magic fix.

Ashworth apparently joined Newcastle in 2022. So he walked into a club with more money than they could spend. I'm sure he's good at what he does but I think we need the pound notes more than the job title.

Didn't the Prince say he wanted Heck'y to do that role and that if he (Heck'y) hadn't got a job in July when he hopes to see him, then he would offer that role again. I'm fairly sure that is what PA said after Heck'y left the club

Didn't the Prince say he wanted Heck'y to do that role and that if he (Heck'y) hadn't got a job in July when he hopes to see him, then he would offer that role again. I'm fairly sure that is what PA said after Heck'y left the club

Yeah think you are correct.

The person I spoke to only referenced the Recruitment element of it but it sounded like a very standard approach where various department managers take care of there own remit. My understanding of the Technical Director role, is that they oversee the whole thing, inc Recruitment strategy, medical facilities/staff, academy etc etc.

I have no preference to either approach. I'm just curious about this role as more and more clubs are seemingly going with this approach. I never really get the impression we're "ahead of the game" when it comes to running a club.

I get that we have no money to spend on top players, so we have to be creative and improve in other ways. Maybe this is one way? I have no idea.
It's something that I think we're lacking at the minute. From the outside, we seem to be disorganised regarding recruitment, contracts and training facilities and having a person to oversee everything would be a logical step to take the pressure off Wilder & Bettis and help improve us off the field.

Do we need one?

Just listening to the news re Dan Ashworths potential switch from Newcastle to Man Utd.

He’s seemingly improved every club (inc England) that he’s been at. Everything from recruitment strategy to the medical department under his remit.
More than we need a mobile CDM and a LB.

Needed one since we promoted out of League One but like most other things, we appear to be winging it...

Back
Top Bottom