Luton Pen?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball hits hand which is above the shoulder meets the criterion for a pen.

I wasn’t aware that Adebayo’s straight right to the jaw to head the ball in the first place was within the laws of the game though!

View attachment 179097
So focused on the handball he could easily have given a foul.

Don’t so how the idiot who wrote the Sky report seemed to think their pen was clearer than ours. Bloke had his arm way out in front making any unnatural position.

If there was a bit of contact not sure Vinny could avoid much his arm going up (though strictly fulfils the criteria), especially with force from behind him.

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpeg
    IMG_2210.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 78
Can't be doing with all this 'unnatural position' bollox. For our penalty the defender's hand accidentally stopped Vini's header from going in the net. Unfortunate, yes but a clear penalty. The pundits however blather on about it being okay as his outstretched arm was in a natural jumping position!

The handball rule is fucked these days but I think ours is a pen as his hand has stopped the ball going in the net and there’s has never been a penalty, it could be a foul to us if anything but that would’ve been soft, they only gave theirs because they think they fucked up with ours which they didn’t, the thinking that goes into these decisions are pathetic to say the least.

It should simply be, did the player have sufficient time to move hand out of the way of the ball.

If answer is no, then no penalty.. no idea why have to complicate things.
I'm OK with it if the decision is given everytime by VAR which seemed to happen yesterday.The frustration kicks in if the var decides to take his own view which is not always consistent and fairness is lost when open to opinion.
So now we know ! any handball in similar circumstances is slways a pen ,will be interesting if this happens everytime as it should ! especially when the big nobbs come to town.

Absolute disgrace and VAR used it as a ‘levelling up’ decision…..referees have got no backbone and just fall into line with this shambles of way to run the game….they would more respect if they gave ‘their’ decision rather than being influenced by a team of clowns in Stockley Park.

Hand ball rule has gone to shit just as much as VAR has. If either of those two hand balls that were given for penalties happen outside the box no foul is given. If the the player cannot get his hand out of the way in time then how the fuck is it handball. Also these clowns want to bring in a third card, they can't get to grips with two cards.

What's the point in the referee going to the monitor? He always gives the pen when VAR suggest he take a look. Just give it immediately and save time.

Theirs wasn't a pen. It was clearly accidental with no advantage gained. There's an argument for ours being given as the ball was heading to the goal. The handball took the pace off it and made it an easy gather for the keeper.

In a game of football over 100 minites the ball is going to accidentally come into contact with players' arms quite a few times. It's almost always accidental and normally play is waved on. Unless the contact takes place in the box and VAR is on the job. They just love giving pens.

There's an argument for ours being given as the ball was heading to the goal. The handball took the pace off it and made it an easy gather for the keeper.
It didn't just take the pace off it, it completely altered the direction of the ball. If it doesn't hit the Luton player's arm, it's a goal, simple as. Straight in the corner, the keeper's getting nowhere near it.

VAR is a joke not surprised though as ghost goal Paul Tierney was on VAR again …imagine the fuck ups if they introduced this stupid blue card

So rules basically means. Striker jumps up with hand in unnatural position for leverage and seek unfair advantage and heads the ball and luckily avoids handball. His header goes in = goal or his header hits defenders hand which is scratching an itch on nose = unnatural = penalty. So handball rule is all about luck and not intent.Maybe we should have rule that is it hits strikers hand it should then be a penalty at other end as they have less to lose.in fact strikers are better not heading on goal but flicking headers above head height across box to try and get a penalty as more goals come this way

Only player on left out of site is one who is natural, well maybe just...
VAR could look for fouls every corner and give penalty every time but they only really choose to look for handball ..Why?

What's the point in the referee going to the monitor? He always gives the pen when VAR suggest he take a look. Just give it immediately and save time.

Theirs wasn't a pen. It was clearly accidental with no advantage gained. There's an argument for ours being given as the ball was heading to the goal. The handball took the pace off it and made it an easy gather for the keeper.

In a game of football over 100 minites the ball is going to accidentally come into contact with players' arms quite a few times. It's almost always accidental and normally play is waved on. Unless the contact takes place in the box and VAR is on the job. They just love giving pens.
I'm afraid Refs going to the monitor is all part of the pantomime the Premier League has become.
Both 'pens' were unnecessary stoppages, good for armchair fans, crap for the game.

It should simply be, did the player have sufficient time to move hand out of the way of the ball.

If answer is no, then no penalty.. no idea why have to complicate things.

but that's down to opinion again.

Did the Luton player have time to get his hand out of the way?
Those are the distances where some will say yes and some will say no.

Any decisions involving opinion will always be controversial.
The fans that lose out will be crying "fix, corrupt" etc whereas the fans that gain from the decision will say it was correct.

The issue with pundits though is that often they dont know the rules or whether there's been rule changes.

They judge the game based on how it was when they played and make their judgement based on the spirit of the law.
I've even seen cases where the rules have changed and the ref makes a 100% correct decision based on the rules.

and you'll get someone like Shearer still insisting the ref was wrong.
When someone mentions that's the rules, the Shearer will say, "the rules are crazy".
May be the case but the ref MUST officiate in accordance with the rules and do that consistently in every case.

Regards the penalties yesterday, in the spirit of football both weren't penalties
but under the rules, I haven't got a club anymore ha ha. I know it's something about natural and unnatural arm position.

but that's down to opinion again.

Did the Luton player have time to get his hand out of the way?
Those are the distances where some will say yes and some will say no.

Any decisions involving opinion will always be controversial.
The fans that lose out will be crying "fix, corrupt" etc whereas the fans that gain from the decision will say it was correct.

Neither one had enough time to react, I get your point though

Neither one had enough time to react, I get your point though
What you're suggesting means you could put your arms in a scarecrow shape but then claim you couldn't get out of the way if the ball hits you from close range.

That's why the 'unnatural position' aspect is important.

A lot of football fans think a decision is wrong if an incident could've been interpreted differently. Unfortunately that's just the nature of anything subjective. These things will never be black and white and there will always be two or more different views.

According to the LotG both decisions were correct. Both times the ball hit the hand/arm above the shoulder. There's no reason for an outfield player to have their hands above their shoulders.

though i dont think either should be given with ours the header may have ended up in the net but was deflected by a Luton hand .
for their pen no advatage gained and an arguement it was a result of Vinni being elbowed in the neck and as that was the first offence a free kick to us, but not being a top 6 that was never going to happen

They give a pen for that but no free kick for us when Gordon controls the ball with his hand then squares for an open net. Absolutely laughable decisions and rationale they come up with

My other half was at Citeh v Everton yesterday. Care share to game .
Conversation with 4 Citeh in the car .
Bet your other half is pissed of at blades and them possibly being relegated ?
Response:
No he can’t wait to be back in the championship because he hates var and this league . Nods all round and they are top of the fucking league ! Yesterday’s var summed it up . Ridiculous really . Who is going to miss this shit next season honestly.

Both pens were a joke to be honest, the rule is embarrassing and needs changing before the game is spoilt anymore.
But I had to watch their penalty shout about 5 times before I even saw what it had been given for.

Back
Top Bottom