Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was thinking the same. If he's on 10k and we've offered 20k that's £520k we've saved and he's lost. We offered this when he had 2 years left, so basically it's a million quid we've not paid - and he's lost, what exactly will his sign on fee be next year?
He’s on less than 10k I think, and I suspect we’ll have definitely offered him at least 20k so he’ll have lost out on more

If he doesn’t play much this season he’ll be lucky to get 20k, he’s not really using his brain is he?
If it’s Rangers it’ll be 15k Max

Berge was a passenger in quite a lot of the games he featured in last season .The fact he cost 20 million and hails from Belgium 🇧🇪 means nothing .
I hope he is a great success at united however I'm yet to be convinced.
Time will tell .
it will

If Lunny wants £30k a week for 3 years, it's abart £4.5 million plus bits and bobs...

If he goes for nowt we need to buy someone decent, it's £5m+ then pay them £20k a week for 3 years and they still might not be as good for us as Lunny.

Don't know why we're jeopardising something we know is good when it might be more expensive to have something shit.

But, as the boring, obvious bastards say.... "I trust what Wilder decides, he's done alright so far" 🤓

Paarden me Chedders but let us all in on the secret of how many successful professional football teams have you managed so far?
And If you prefer the other lots football just how good a pundit could you possibly be ?
They all know what happened with Duffy, Mr Wilder is not a man for turning and if he was maybe we wouldn't be where we are now...... :tumbleweed:

Meanwhile,For your information cheggers my mum and dad were Married when I was born, God bless em.....
only just I admit but they were wed..... ;)

He’s on less than 10k I think, and I suspect we’ll have definitely offered him at least 20k so he’ll have lost out on more

If he doesn’t play much this season he’ll be lucky to get 20k, he’s not really using his brain is he?
If it’s Rangers it’ll be 15k Max
But 52 x 5000 is half a mill
Not to be sniffed at

That would be it, I wouldn’t move on the deal whatsoever and I’d be looking for his longer term replacement come January.
Only problem (IMO) with that is it doesn't give Lundstram any chance to save face, an aspect of any negotiation of which I am an advocate.

Send him to train with the U23s.
And who excactly would that help ?

Seems like a lot of the people who say “nixon is a bullshitter and knows nothing “
Are now believing this about lundstram

Only problem (IMO) with that is it doesn't give Lundstram any chance to save face, an aspect of any negotiation of which I am an advocate.
What face has he seemingly lost? He’s not been bombed out, he’s not been criticised by anyone at the club nor has he been vilified.
He’s gone into contract negotiations, they’ve taken longer than expected but he’s got a pay rise and a new deal which secures his financial future for the rest of his life. It’s no different to Bash and Egan last year and potentially JoC this, apart from he took it into his last year. If he feels that he’s lost face that his perception and as a result of his actions, the club haven’t caused or contributed to that. He signs the deal and he can present it however he likes. The club, as always, will say they’re delighted that he’s signed and that we’ve got the deal done we never publicly discuss wages or terms outside the length. What more does he want?

Last edited:
What face has he seemingly lost? He’s not been bombed out, he’s not been criticised by anyone at the club nor has he been vilified.
He's refused to sign ergo thinks he's worth more, if he now accepts what has been offered he's had to back down. It would cost nothing to make either of the concessions I suggested and nobody loses face. I'm not a negotiator but I see value to both sides with the most meagre of concessions.

The real issues regards Lundstram are

1: It’s so difficult to judge his actual ability and his value to SUFC.
Lundstram has caused confusion because he’s been so underwhelming most of his spell at SU.
Remember....after watching him perform in the Championship....most Blades judged that he wasn’t quite good enough for that level.
We were all pretty confident he’d struggle at PL level and be offloaded back to league 1.....however credit to the player....he had a brilliant 3 month spell.
However let’s not forget his best displays were coming on as sub..when ever he started he was very average.
Also let’s not forget after lockdown his form dipped and maybe that‘s his real level.

Lundstram’s agent is probably trying to negotiate a contract based on his 3 month great form before Xmas.
Wilder’s arguement will be....he was only impressive for 3 month...so maybe that was a purple patch never to be repeated again.
Wilder will want to see more longevity of being a big asset to SU before dishing out rewards.

2: Theres such a massive gap in salaries between average PL players and average Championship players.
So if we judge Lundstram on 85% of his SU career he’s probably worth £5 to £10K a week max.
If we judge Lundtram on 15% of his career he’s probably worth £30K....although that might be too high because he rarely performed as well when starting.

There‘s another factor that actually defends Lunny and also Duffy.
They’ve both generally been lower division players...so won’t have made massive amounts from the game.
The rewards in the PL are massive so I can understand both players wanting to strike (financially secure their futures) whilst the iron is hot.

How long are we going to continue starting Mr John "committed but not going to sign that contract anyway" Lundstram?

I think I now hate Lundstum at almost Megson proportions. He’s an albatross around the teams neck.

As soon as Duffy kicked up a stink about his contract he was promptly given the boot but Lunny does the same and gets to start every match.

How long are we going to continue starting Mr John "committed but not going to sign that contract anyway" Lundstram?

I liked the pass where he played thier midfielder in, when under no pressure at all..

As soon as Duffy kicked up a stink about his contract he was promptly given the boot but Lunny does the same and gets to start every match.

Lunny‘s dad and wife haven’t gone on line to call Wilder a Nazi and question his treatment of his first wife though..

Lunny‘s dad and wife haven’t gone on line to call Wilder a Nazi and question his treatment of his first wife though..

True but he has had the best part of a year to sign the contract.

I know and I want him gone, but I am saying there was more to Duffy getting the boot than asking for a new contract.

I agree.

I just think the situation with Lunny has gone on far too long and Wilder hasn't taken control of the situation. We are giving him game time when in a few months time he can walk on a free to another club.

I agree.

I just think the situation with Lunny has gone on far too long and Wilder hasn't taken control of the situation. We are giving him game time when in a few months time he can walk on a free to another club.

I wish he would walk now, I’d even offer him a lift.

Is it possible Lundstram has blackmailed Wilder so he is forced to play him? 🤔

I'm sorry but Lundstram is not good enough.

He was our worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Anyone else nearly throw their kid at the TV when he lost the ball last 10mins near the subs benches?

I'm sorry but Lundstram is not good enough.

He was our worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Anyone else nearly throw their kid at the TV when he lost the ball last 10mins near the subs benches?

Nowhere near Premier League standard at the minute. Why we didn't go after someone other than Swift is beyond me. It's much more of an issue than LWB, for instance.

Guy is lazy and unfit. He loses the ball and doesn't fight for it back. Someone goes passed him and he'll half-arsedly chase back into a general defensive position. Extremely slow, both in terms of pace and decision making. Slows the attacks down every single time. Has to take an extra touch. Goes for the simple far too much.

Back
Top Bottom