Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On the other hand, Lunny might not want to sign a contract even if he thinks it's decent. Club and Lunny keeping each other hanging on in case something better comes along.

When Berge first arrived I think he went straight in the eleven (Palace?) when Lunny had been playing well. That was a massive fuck off and I'd probably be pissed off too. Celebration after his beauty against Bournemouth absolutely fine by me.

I hope he stays. He looked good last season. But if he doesn’t, I hope he bombs wherever he goes and ends up back in L1.

Lundstram was great first half of season and dog shit second half.
As others have mentioned I would imagine the offer on the table would be something similar to Or slightly more than what Osborn is on.
He doesn’t deserve to be on what fleck and Norwood will be on

If Lunny wants £30k a week for 3 years, it's abart £4.5 million plus bits and bobs...

If he goes for nowt we need to buy someone decent, it's £5m+ then pay them £20k a week for 3 years and they still might not be as good for us as Lunny.

Problem is it won’t just be Lunny, will it?
The whole point of having a pay structure is it provides a degree of consistency in the remuneration of each and every player relative to the others.
The management decide who is worth what (not the player’s agent) and part of that decision is not just what it would cost to replace the individual player but what the knock on effects (costs and unsettling) might be with other players.
Agents Have a similar mantra to an old union secretary I used to work with - “Create an anomaly and then exploit it.”

Problem is it won’t just be Lunny, will it?
The whole point of having a pay structure is it provides a degree of consistency in the remuneration of each and every player relative to the others.
The management decide who is worth what (not the player’s agent) and part of that decision is not just what it would cost to replace the individual player but what the knock on effects (costs and unsettling) might be with other players.
Agents Have a similar mantra to an old union secretary I used to work with - “Create an anomaly and then exploit it.”

"A rising tide lifts all the boats"

If Lunny wants £30k a week for 3 years, it's abart £4.5 million plus bits and bobs...

If he goes for nowt we need to buy someone decent, it's £5m+ then pay them £20k a week for 3 years and they still might not be as good for us as Lunny.

Don't know why we're jeopardising something we know is good when it might be more expensive to have something shit.

But, as the boring, obvious bastards say.... "I trust what Wilder decides, he's done alright so far" 🤓
But nobody knows what he wants. I don't think wilder would have an issue with 25-30k. Personally think it's much much more that he's after though.

But nobody knows what he wants. I don't think wilder would have an issue with 25-30k. Personally think it's much much more that he's after though.

You might be right. In that case he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy and he can go somewhere else.

It's pretty ridiculous that so many people on here think "Lunny is a good play, let's just pay him a bit more money" is a novel thought that hasn't occurred to Wilder et al. If it were as simple as throwing him an extra 5k it would have been done a long time ago.

We've made him an offer, which will be a significant increase on his current salary. Sadly he wants more money than Wilder thinks he's worth.

People throw numbers around as if we know what's being discussed. And there's also that the team selection seems to indicate Wilder favours Berge. Maybe Lundstram feels at this stage of his career he needs to be playing regular football. Then there's the obvious knock on effect that if Wilder just gives Lundstram whatever he asks for then there could be a lot of players asking for more money too. Maybe Wilder's valuation Lundstram is spot on and that's why nobody's snatched him away from us. There could be all sorts of completely reasonable grounds for this situation.

You mean you rate Lunny more than CWAK? They’ll pay him what they deem he’s worth. And if he’s got the same agent as Duffy, well we all know how that panned out? I’ll say it again, he had a great 3 month period.
A great 3 month period hmmmm scored in the first game, scored in the last game! were fleck or Norwood consistently brilliant all season was was Sander spectacular every game. Its easy to criticise the midfield or a striker for not scoring or creating. The defence will always receive praise if on the most part we don't concede too many so it's easier for Bash and Egan to look consistent, Are you criticising Moose or Billy or Mcburnie for not being consistent too?

When we kick of i think its lunnys shirt to lose and sanders to win just think lunnny gives us that little bit of bite going forward with his energy . Sander i know hes better on the ball but not seen him burst into the box

Give me half a season purple patch from Berge then I might consider him worthy of the wages of lundstram
Berge is on the money he is on because several top division sides across Europe were after him.

Lunny will no doubt get a contract somewhere based on how big a bun fight there is for him. Based on Wilder's comments it seems the scrap might not be so intense. None of us knows what he's been offered but based on Wilder's track record he's been pretty astute in building a squad and holding on to his best players so he can't be paying wages too far from the market rate

A great 3 month period hmmmm scored in the first game, scored in the last game! were fleck or Norwood consistently brilliant all season was was Sander spectacular every game. Its easy to criticise the midfield or a striker for not scoring or creating. The defence will always receive praise if on the most part we don't concede too many so it's easier for Bash and Egan to look consistent, Are you criticising Moose or Billy or Mcburnie for not being consistent too?
I’m not interested in what the attack or defence are doing because this debate is around the midfield. Norwood and Fleck are head and shoulders above Lunny, and have consistently been for as long as they have been here. Lunny is not a necessity. Fleck and Norwood are.

I’m not interested in what the attack or defence are doing because this debate is around the midfield. Norwood and Fleck are head and shoulders above Lunny, and have consistently been for as long as they have been here. Lunny is not a necessity. Fleck and Norwood are.
Difficult to argue with that. Libby was terrific last Autumn but was already in a scrap with Besic for the starting shirt when Berge was signed

Wilder and Knill have spent a lot of time and effort in getting Lundstram to improve his overall performances and he has become a very useful member of our premier league squad.I have been a big critic of Lundstram in the early days,but i would be very disappointed to see him leave now,particularly after having a very good first season in the premier league.If he leaves us purely for money it will be a real shame.

I’m not interested in what the attack or defence are doing 8because this debate is around the midfield. Norwood and Fleck are head and shoulders above Lunny, and have consistently been for as long as they have been here. Lunny is not a necessity. Fleck and Norwood are.
Statistically they aren't head and shoulders above lunny it's people constantly spouting that opinion that has helped marginalise Lunny with a section of our fan base. Facts are facts and opinions are opinions

Statistically they aren't head and shoulders above lunny it's people constantly spouting that opinion that has helped marginalise Lunny with a section of our fan base. Facts are facts and opinions are opinions
so we can do without Fleck and Norwood, but Lunny we can’t ?

so we can do without Fleck and Norwood, but Lunny we can’t ?
I must have missed that part of my post where I suggested that Lunny was more important than either however I do believe that we collectively are often greater than the some of our parts. So I would suggest that Lunny is as important as Norwood or Fleck and that is an unpopular opinion. I would get slated if I was to suggest we didn't need Fleck however we beat Chelsea Spurs and Wolves without him. So no one is irreplaceable so to keep bashing Lunny rather than giving him his proper value is naive and potentially foolish

I must have missed that part of my post where I suggested that Lunny was more important than either however I do believe that we collectively are often greater than the some of our parts. So I would suggest that Lunny is as important as Norwood or Fleck and that is an unpopular opinion. I would get slated if I was to suggest we didn't need Fleck however we beat Chelsea Spurs and Wolves without him. So no one is irreplaceable so to keep bashing Lunny rather than giving him his proper value is naive and potentially foolish
You missed the part where I said Fleck and Norwood we’re necessity players and that Lunny wasn’t? I’m not bashing Lunny, I rate him, he just isn’t a necessity player, whereas Fleck and Norwood are. If he can get more money than we’re offering and become a 1st team regular, all power to him.

Lunny has certainly developed a knack for finding the back of the net that is only matched by Fleck in our midfield. Given that scoring more is where we need to improve most and that, based on Wilder’s comments, we are not intending to bring in further midfield options, I would be very pleased if he decided to sign the new contract and stay.

From a squad cohesion perspective him staying minimises change and he is clearly a very popular lad in the squad.

Come on Lunny - get it signed!

Edit -back in the side yesterday and immediately serves up a lovely finish.

If Lunny won’t sign then he has to go, it really is as simple as that. The club need to get as much as they can for a player that no longer wants to be part of what CW is doing

It’s Lunnys decision and nothing any of us can do about it.

Will I lose any sleep over it? Absolutely not. Players decision. The player moves on. The club moves on and the fans move on.

May I welcome to the club his replacement, whoever that will be.

Just watching declan rice for England.... Can't see what he does that lunny doesn't and lunny would have stuck the chance away that rice fluffed.. rice is supposedly worth £80m and £100k plus a week...

Just watching declan rice for England.... Can't see what he does that lunny doesn't and lunny would have stuck the chance away that rice fluffed.. rice is supposedly worth £80m and £100k plus a week...

In truth theres probably not much difference between them, same goes for JOC. The problem is we get coined with the “team that’s better than the sum of its parts“ slogan. Some of us on here, have and continued to believe it, me included for a while. I think that phrase is now bollocks, in reality, we have team of premier league level players that tactically outthinks other teams and certainly outworks them.

Many pundits and managers quote the slogan because they haven’t a clue how we are so good, and after laughing at our philosophy (British born players, chaos system), saying we would be down by Christmas and it not happening the easy cop out is not to say sorry we we’re wrong you guys actually play good football and have good players. Ironically, the slogan is the same thing that would put teams off buying some of our players if we ever got into trouble. So shhhhh 🤫 don’t tell the fuckers. UTB!

I really think our fans are downplaying Lunnys achievements this season due to him stalling on his contract.And don’t underestimate all his goal contributions in such a low scoring team.As someone previously mentioned fleck ,Norwood and Stevens have all had drop offs at some stage this season and not been ridiculed.He was took straight out of the side for let’s face it in the first few games a struggling berge.Of course he would have felt a bit sorry for himself.Would love him to re sign.If not so be it .But let’s not make out he is crap all of a sudden.

Nixon in this mornings rag reckons Lundstram has decided to stay and see his contract out so that he can walk away for nothing to get a bumper pay deal
Be interesting to see his attitude because I thought that dipped last season.

I don’t want to slag him off, or be bitter, however I do wonder where this bumper pay deal will come from. Yes he’s put in some influential performances but he’s never been consistently ’wow’ And had is thinking we have a top top player on our hands. I just can’t see a top ten club going all out for him.

Some big assumptions being made here aren't there? How does anyone know what wage Lundstram is on versus the rest of the squad? How does anyone know what new deal is that he's been offered and how that stacks up in terms of the deals that other players are on? We don't.

What we do know is that we've got an astute manager who will not pay players more than he thinks they are worth. If Wilder has offered Lunny a new deal and he doesn't want to accept it, that's absolutely fine with me, it's his prerogative. Speculating that Wilder hasn't offered him an attractive deal and that the deal he's been offered isn't as good as the deal that some other players are on, is just that, pure speculation. I'm not doubting that there will be some players at the club on more than him, but he's been offered what Wilder thinks he's worth - and that's good enough for me.

He'll most likely have to watch himself for getting injured, so I think he'll play below his capability, might shirk the odd tackle and get benched quick, can't get a bumper pay day with a broken leg or ripped cruciate..

He won't be first choice if he's not having a future with us, he'll be a sub..

I wonder if nobody coming in for him in the last few weeks (Wilder didn't have to publicly put him on the transfer list) has humbled him a bit?

Back
Top Bottom