Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Drunk blade

Reaction score
Think it's time we started paying players for what they are not where they have came from. Lundstram has proved himself as a high energy box to box midfielder who wins tackles and scores goals in the prem... No idea what we're paying him but his wages should be on a par with Berge and I'm guessing they are more championship/league 1 .. Unless he's after crazy money we should hold onto him... We're bigging up players like swift when if we are honest they have hardly seen him play but lunny has proved he can do it at the top level.. The grass is not always greener

Think it's time we started paying players for what they are not where they have came from. Lundstram has proved himself as a high energy box to box midfielder who wins tackles and scores goals in the prem... No idea what we're paying him but his wages should be on a par with Berge and I'm guessing they are more championship/league 1 .. Unless he's after crazy money we should hold onto him... We're bigging up players like swift when if we are honest they have hardly seen him play but lunny has proved he can do it at the top level.. The grass is not always greener

Lundstram will no doubt be one of the lowest paid, if not the lowest, in the squad. He has so far declined the offer to raise his wage within our current structure in line with what other squad players are getting – probably what someone like Osborn is on. Berge is an international, first choice in our XI, and can play more than one position in our system. Lundstram is a useful squad player, and like Ben Osborn will not be likely to start unless injuries/suspensions create an opening.

If he doesn’t want that, fair enough. We shouldn’t offer him a wage that is more than his value to us.

• Banned
Lundstram will no doubt be one of the lowest paid, if not the lowest, in the squad. He has so far declined the offer to raise his wage within our current structure in line with what other squad players are getting – probably what someone like Osborn is on. Berge is an international, first choice in our XI, and can play more than one position in our system. Lundstram is a useful squad player, and like Ben Osborn will not be likely to start unless injuries/suspensions create an opening.

If he doesn’t want that, fair enough. We shouldn’t offer him a wage that is more than his value to us.

For me he was consistently way better than Berge last season, he just suits the Premier league... Our from dipped when lundstram was not in the team

One swallow does not make a summer. Give me more than a half-season purple patch and then I might consider him worthy of the same wages as Berge, who like others have said is a hot-prospect, full-international widely-admired midfielder who had courted interest from across Europe before signing for us.

I think Lundstrøm might be able to hold down a place in the Norwegian eleven considering his performances last season.

• Banned
One swallow does not make a summer. Give me more than a half-season purple patch and then I might consider him worthy of the same wages as Berge, who like others have said is a hot-prospect, full-international widely-admired midfielder who had courted interest from across Europe before signing for us.
Give me half a season purple patch from Berge then I might consider him worthy of the wages of lundstram

For me he was consistently way better than Berge last season, he just suits the Premier league... Our from dipped when lundstram was not in the team

Sander has a better points per game than Lunny, so I don't think you can say we suffered without Lundstram.

He's had some poor games no doubt, his fitness wasn't great until after lockdown, and Newcastle away he was very poor from memory, but so has Lundstram.

Give me half a season purple patch from Berge then I might consider him worthy of the wages of lundstram

Yes because no other European clubs had scouted him over the last two years and we deliberately overpaid him by £ 20k per week just to piss Lunny offf.

The lad was signed for his potential, but next week is too long term for some of our fans.

Lundstrum was no better that average ,in the second half of last season , hope he gets the form back

If Lunny wants £30k a week for 3 years, it's abart £4.5 million plus bits and bobs...

If he goes for nowt we need to buy someone decent, it's £5m+ then pay them £20k a week for 3 years and they still might not be as good for us as Lunny.

Don't know why we're jeopardising something we know is good when it might be more expensive to have something shit.

But, as the boring, obvious bastards say.... "I trust what Wilder decides, he's done alright so far" 🤓

Theres no logic to selling Lunny just give him an extra 5/10k as he has deserved that over the last year.

Plus if we sell him we'd need to pay 4/5 million for a replacement who likely wont be as good as Lunny

Also im not sure why he hasn't been pinned as a baldock Back-up surely lunny could play that role has all the attributes to be a solid RWB

If Lunny wants £30k a week for 3 years, it's abart £4.5 million plus bits and bobs...

If he goes for nowt we need to buy someone decent, it's £5m+ then pay them £20k a week for 3 years and they still might not be as good for us as Lunny.

Don't know why we're jeopardising something we know is good when it might be more expensive to have something shit.

But, as the boring, obvious bastards say.... "I trust what Wilder decides, he's done alright so far" 🤓
You think CWAK don’t know that? To put it another way, he‘s cost us £650,000 over 4 years and we’ve had our money’s worth and can get better for £30,000 a week?

You think CWAK don’t know that? To put it another way, he‘s cost us £650,000 over 4 years and we’ve had our money’s worth and can get better for £30,000 a week?

I suspect they've done the maths, yes. I also think they're probably being stubborn on the contract and the squad could be weaker with his replacement in it than the Lord himself.

I know message boards are not for alternative opinions so I'll go with... iN wILdEr wE tRusT 🤪

It's pretty ridiculous that so many people on here think "Lunny is a good play, let's just pay him a bit more money" is a novel thought that hasn't occurred to Wilder et al. If it were as simple as throwing him an extra 5k it would have been done a long time ago.

We've made him an offer, which will be a significant increase on his current salary. Sadly he wants more money than Wilder thinks he's worth.

I suspect they've done the maths, yes. I also think they're probably being stubborn on the contract and the squad could be weaker with his replacement in it than the Lord himself.

I know message boards are not for alternative opinions so I'll go with... iN wILdEr wE tRusT 🤪
You mean you rate Lunny more than CWAK? They’ll pay him what they deem he’s worth. And if he’s got the same agent as Duffy, well we all know how that panned out? I’ll say it again, he had a great 3 month period.

Started last season much fitter and got up and down the pitch well, performances dipped off though. I’m sure his agent had been touting him round at whatever wages he thinks he wants a cut of. Funny how no club have tabled an offer, time to get his head down, force himself a shirt then keep it. And no sarcastic goal celebrations

You mean you rate Lunny more than CWAK? They’ll pay him what they deem he’s worth. And if he’s got the same agent as Duffy, well we all know how that panned out? I’ll say it again, he had a great 3 month period.

I think what you're really trying to say is

🤪 iN wILdEr wE tRusT🤪

If we were to throw in some figures to contextualise the conversation (not that I'm claiming any of them are accurate - but it gives a sense of how far apart the two sides may be):

We signed Lundstram on lower Championship backup wages, let's say 6k. It's probably raised a bit due to promotion, maybe to 8k. Wilder, recognising the season he's had, offers to more than double that amount to 18k in line with other first time regulars like Norwood and Fleck.

However, Lundstram is thinking "I've shown I can hold my own in the Premier League now. I want wage parity with established midfielders at other clubs on 40/50k." It may even be that a club like Palace, or Everton etc have told him that's what they'll offer if he leaves on a free next year.

In Lunny's thinking it would be daft to settle for half of that wage now. In Wilder's thinking that's way way above what every other player in the club is on, and there's no way it would be sensible to break that structure.

Theres no logic to selling Lunny just give him an extra 5/10k as he has deserved that over the last year.

Plus if we sell him we'd need to pay 4/5 million for a replacement who likely wont be as good as Lunny

Also im not sure why he hasn't been pinned as a baldock Back-up surely lunny could play that role has all the attributes to be a solid RWB
It's not £5/10k per week, it's £30-40k. Big difference.

Partly. I just don’t think he’s as good as you think he is. Good back up, not a first team regular for me.

We agree on that second bit but when he slots in for Berge or whoever, it's seamless and we're no weaker and I think it's worth keeping.

Replacing him is a risk. Might work out better but you've got to be pretty special to slot into one of our roles. Even an expensive starlet like Berge isn't there yet.

When Jags slots in for Egan, Moore for first choice GK, Robinson for O'Connell etc etc, we're just not the same.

Peace ✌️

If we were to throw in some figures to contextualise the conversation (not that I'm claiming any of them are accurate - but it gives a sense of how far apart the two sides may be):

We signed Lundstram on lower Championship backup wages, let's say 6k. It's probably raised a bit due to promotion, maybe to 8k. Wilder, recognising the season he's had, offers to more than double that amount to 18k in line with other first time regulars like Norwood and Fleck.

However, Lundstram is thinking "I've shown I can hold my own in the Premier League now. I want wage parity with established midfielders at other clubs on 40/50k." It may even be that a club like Palace, or Everton etc have told him that's what they'll offer if he leaves on a free next year.

In Lunny's thinking it would be daft to settle for half of that wage now. In Wilder's thinking that's way way above what every other player in the club is on, and there's no way it would be sensible to break that structure.

If Lunny wants 25/30k thats not unreasonable give it him we wont find better back up than him and that player would cost far far more to buy than an extra 10 k a week

If he wants 40/50 k tell him to jog on and fond someone daft enough to pay that

Started last season much fitter and got up and down the pitch well, performances dipped off though. I’m sure his agent had been touting him round at whatever wages he thinks he wants a cut of. Funny how no club have tabled an offer, time to get his head down, force himself a shirt then keep it. And no sarcastic goal celebrations

None of those statements you know to be true ?

Do you mean excactly like he did last season which is why he was one of our best players first half of last season

If he want's more than Wilder thinks that he's worth then let him go, i'm sure he is replaceable. Not like he's a top Prem player is it?
Chris has some new guys coming in so let's trust the man and show the door to those who don't want to be here.

Back
Top Bottom