CONFIRMED Lundstram to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shame it ended the way it did. Maybe one day he'll do an interview on why he didn't sign a new contract, I can only think it was money related as football wise you'd have thought he would have been keen to stay when the contract was offered as we were flying at the time and he was playing every week.

Bit surprised he's joined Rangers, although it's been rumoured for months. They're a massive club, but he's joining a league that is at best no better than the Championship. I never really get why English players want to leave the Championship and join Rangers, because I'd want to move to the PL not the SPL but maybe I'm being harsh in the SPL. Playing Champions League obviously a huge bonus for him. He did down tools last season after Christmas, that has to be said. His statistics may have said otherwise but we saw with of own eyes how his body language said he didn't want to be with us. He should have been sold in January, but presumably we couldn't get a decent replacement or thought it better to keep him then have him go and then struggle to find an adequate replacement, especially given the recruitment problems between Wilder and the board.

He was always a scapegoat in his first couple of seasons despite not doing much wrong, the fact he wasn’t Coutts wound people up. Then playing at a higher level he put in some brilliant performances for about half the season. Tailed off a bit, then a lot, just like the rest of the team, but then began to not give a fuck by the last third of last season. Tricky one, I feel the fans weren’t fair to him for a while, but he’s not helped himself in the last 12 months. GLTTL I guess…

Even if they were as bad as that twats, which in general they weren’t they at least tried, that twat lummoxed around the pitch, pointing at every other player to do his job for him.

The twat tried to get an early booking in every game so he could use it as an excuse to not put the effort in. I’ll give him some credit though, the twat wasn’t daft in that sense.

We all have opinions Gav, on certain players and everything in general but I couldn’t disagree more with your thoughts on the biggest twat to pull a Blades shirt on in my living memory.
Feel free to disagree mate you’re right we all have opinions.
Just to clarify, he is more hate able than George Santos, Patrick suffo or Danny cullip then? Lunnys
crime was largely asking for equal pay compared to his colleagues. He was part of one of the worst midfields the prem has ever seen in the end but other players around him were likely to be paid more for being as bad if not worse. In the end he didn’t think it was fair and ran his contract down and has ended up at a decent club. His attitude was poor at the end but so it was for half the team for me. Too many gave up.

Just to clarify, he is more hate able than George Santos, Patrick suffo or Danny cullip then? Lunnys
crime was largely asking for equal pay compared to his colleagues. He was part of one of the worst midfields the prem has ever seen in the end but other players around him were likely to be paid more for being as bad if not worse. In the end he didn’t think it was fair and ran his contract down and has ended up at a decent club. His attitude was poor at the end but so it was for half the team for me. Too many gave up.
He wanted top money for being a third of "one of the worst midfields the prem has ever seen", Got told just like his greedy pal Duffy, no! Got mardies on and made his bed, hence he's now playing for a lower league club. Where he will learn to fall over from a master. GLTTC

It’s a short career and I wonder how he’ll look back in 10 years time at wasting a season in the Prem in his prime by putting half a shift in and ultimately taking a big step backwards standard wise. I’m sure his money will keep him happy.

He’ll do a job for Rangers until he thinks it’s time for a move or a bigger contract.

At least Lys Mousset can blame it on the fish suppers.

What bothers me is Wilder's mindset.
He clearly knew LunnyCunt was a mediocre player coz he continually refused to pay him what he was demanding even though the Club could easily afford it.
And Wilder was deffo not bothered by his refusal to sign.
So Wilder clearly couldn't give a shit whether LunnyCunt stayed or went.
AND YET ...
Despite his 4 years of mediocrity (barring a couple of late-arriving goals on TV in Autumn 2019) and despite his utterly garbage (till January) then cynically lazy performances last season , Wilder continued to pick him , this being facilitated by there being no proper fans in the ground to call him out.
LunnyCunt was a greedy nobody but the far sadder thing is that Wilder either A) became utterly stupid (acting against his own stated principles of "any player who doesn't want to be here can FUCK OFF) or B) something secret & sinister was going on which we'll never discover (a bit like the Jags to Everton & back again mystery).
Make no mistake , the LunnyCunt long-running saga had its effect on the rest of the squad and was not merely a symptom of but also a contributing factor in our abject implosion for the whole of 20/21.
Now that LunnyCunt has finally fucked off , I feel I can breathe again + I reckon the rest of the squad will feel the same.
The smell has gone. The atmosphere has lifted.
We can count ourselves fortunate that Wilder crawled away in the end because the Prince would never have sacked him , never mind how toxic it had become at the Lane.
We can look forward to next season with a fresh mindset under a decent new manager who owes no players any favours.
Sometimes a change is needed if only to sweep away the complexities of a relationship between a squad & manager , which has too much familiarity & favours weighing it down.
Lunnycunt's departure feels like the beginning of a cathartic period from which all will benefit.
Even Wilder - I wish him no ill and will forever be grateful for what he did 2016 to the first lockdown 2020.

I'm genuinely staggered that one or two fans are actually defending Lundstram. When he first came to SUFC I was one of those who thought he must have something about him and some fans were treating him a bit harshly, how wrong I was. Obviously there was a reason he didn't play a lot at first and was only a bit part player in the promotion season Duffy was a much better option. When Duffy was binned off (and rightly so) he was a 1st team regular suddenly and in the Premier League too WTF? For about 5 months he was superman for those playing fantasy football then we signed Sander Berge from that point on he spit his dummy out and downed tools. At the very most we got 6 months worth of effort in 4 years from John fucking Lundstram.
The thing I find frightening is he has the same agent as Duffy who refused a new deal thinking he was worth more than he was until Wilder fucked him off. Wilder then for some reason keeps on picking Lundstam in the same scenario when he should have fucked Lunny off. The really scary bit comes when you realise Rhian Brewster has the same agent, I see trouble ahead and very expensive trouble at that. Brewster another one who's time at the lane hasn't exactly been covered in glory.

It’s a short career and I wonder how he’ll look back in 10 years time at wasting a season in the Prem in his prime by putting half a shift in and ultimately taking a big step backwards standard wise. I’m sure his money will keep him happy.

He’ll do a job for Rangers until he thinks it’s time for a move or a bigger contract.

At least Lys Mousset can blame it on the fish suppers.
He’ll be out on loan before the season ends IMO.

I doubt he’s matched the wages offer we made as well. The wages in Scotland, even for the big two, lag well behind PL clubs, none of whom appear to have had any interest in him.

all about opinions gav and your definetly in the minority regarding lundstram ive never seen a player try less in a red and white shirt in over 60 years of following the club absolute disgraceful performances but once again wilders to blame for playing him and for not making sure before the season started that we had more cover for midfield baffling

For anyone either defending Lundstrom or using the excuse he was a scapegoat, answer one question, in ALL the games he played in last year, when the rest of the midfield, defence and attack, were either carrying an injury, out with an injury, just coming back from an injury, or struggling for form and confidence, how many times did he stand out as Man of the Match, how many times was he the best player in a United shirt, how many times did he put in a tackle that stopped an attack, how many times did he get forward and put a ball into the box and create a chance, how many times did you come on here and post, if it wasn't for Lunny we would have been over run?
I can help you with the answer to all of those,, its ZERO, the mardy and idol sod, couldn't even be bothered to TRY and put in a performance, okay he wanted to leave fine, no problem BUT where was his 'Come and get me' performance he was that lazy he couldn't be arsed to earn that big money big pay packet at West Ham or Palace, he thought he had done enough in the 4 months of the first PL season, thought he had made it to the big time via fantasy football, that's why people are happy to see the back of him!

Hate is probably the wrong word, I just can’t stand twats who take the piss out of his own supporters and club for such a long sustained period of time and that’s what I feel he has done. Wilder is mostly to blame for picking him week in week out when it goes against everything he strives for.

He was doing it for longer than people realised too, why do you think we got off to a shocking start to the season? Watch the performances back, the high levels of twatness had already set in for him, it wasn’t just 3 months of lazy performances like some are making out, it’s far more than that.

Also, when you have players like McBurnie lauding his performances and saying what a player he is, it doesn’t bode well for the standards being set for him or anyone else that thinks his standards have been acceptable, it doesn’t bode well at all and it’s shown.

He was the only player to not get an injury last season, that says it all ffs.

Last edited:
He wanted top money for being a third of "one of the worst midfields the prem has ever seen", Got told just like his greedy pal Duffy, no! Got mardies on and made his bed, hence he's now playing for a lower league club. Where he will learn to fall over from a master. GLTTC

What a load of crap this is. Incomparable.

Duffy wasn’t being greedy, he just wanted another year and he did far more than the twat on this thread did in a months worth of football than he did in 4 fucking years.

I'm genuinely staggered that one or two fans are actually defending Lundstram. When he first came to SUFC I was one of those who thought he must have something about him and some fans were treating him a bit harshly, how wrong I was. Obviously there was a reason he didn't play a lot at first and was only a bit part player in the promotion season Duffy was a much better option. When Duffy was binned off (and rightly so) he was a 1st team regular suddenly and in the Premier League too WTF? For about 5 months he was superman for those playing fantasy football then we signed Sander Berge from that point on he spit his dummy out and downed tools. At the very most we got 6 months worth of effort in 4 years from John fucking Lundstram.
The thing I find frightening is he has the same agent as Duffy who refused a new deal thinking he was worth more than he was until Wilder fucked him off. Wilder then for some reason keeps on picking Lundstam in the same scenario when he should have fucked Lunny off. The really scary bit comes when you realise Rhian Brewster has the same agent, I see trouble ahead and very expensive trouble at that. Brewster another one who's time at the lane hasn't exactly been covered in glory.
Duffy wanted another year on his contract, nowt to do with pay.

How you can say Duffy was rightly fucked off is a mystery.

Think he'll do well up there. Gerrard is probably a very good manager for him. He'll play Champions league football. Be well compensated. Win the league. Basically, be very successful in his chosen profession. How he performed for us and his apparent disinterest aside who, when given the opportunity, wouldn't grab a chance of doing these things?

I'm not about to say GLTTL, but I like to think I'm level headed enough to see the wood for the trees.

Amazed some fans back him or even think he was our best midfielder out of bad bunch pre christmas. Lundstram started the season with a puny can`t be arsed nothing tackle that gifted Wolves an easy run in for their early goal, Thanks John, v, villa he thinks He`s a penalty expert , he isn`t, thanks John, v. leeds he misses a sitter that Conor sammon would laugh at., thanks John. He got shitter and shitter with the only mild bit of effort a tackle v, BHA that got him sent off, then he was back to shit and then was so shit after christmas he couldn`t even get shit as a rating he was so invisibly shit, well apart from gifting possession.

7 decent games in our first premier League season under Wilder and a Grealish tackle in the promotion season is his Blades highlights out of 4 years. Wanker.

If Footnoteinhistorystram thinks we're a set of cunts, see how he gets on up there with his new bezzies if he throws his toys out again....
When did he throw his toys out? Seems to me that since December he's been pretty quiet on Social Media.

The facts are:
He didn't sign a new contract
He kept getting picked by the manager and was putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team
His team mates seemed to like him.
He then left, put out a message to say he's happy to be at Rangers
Didn't send a message to Blades fans to say thanks

Given that he's only just arrived at Rangers and he's no doubt had abuse online over the last few months (judging by this, other threads and social media) its no surprise that he's not put out a message of gratitude.

Seems that its some of our own fans that threw their toys out....

Who says he wasn't trying his best?

He was trying his best, unfortunately he is wank.

No way was he trying his best. He showed the previous season what he is capable of, when he worked much harder box to box.

Fuck knows why Wilder kept picking him, but in doing so he tarnished his own reputation as well.

Amazed some fans back him or even think he was our best midfielder out of bad bunch pre christmas. Lundstram started the season with a puny can`t be arsed nothing tackle that gifted Wolves an easy run in for their early goal, Thanks John, v, villa he thinks He`s a penalty expert , he isn`t, thanks John, v. leeds he misses a sitter that Conor sammon would laugh at., thanks John. He got shitter and shitter with the only mild bit of effort a tackle v, BHA that got him sent off, then he was back to shit and then was so shit after christmas he couldn`t even get shit as a rating he was so invisibly shit, well apart from gifting possession.

7 decent games in our first premier League season under Wilder and a Grealish tackle in the promotion season is his Blades highlights out of 4 years. Wanker.
The penalty was the final straw for me, he wasn't being brave, he wasn't taking it because no one else wanted to, he was taking it to prove a point, a personal point, in his interests not the teams, because we all know if he had scored, his celebration would have been more pointing to his name, bottom lip stuck out, craving the attention, it wasn't about trying to win a game, but win a move away.

He’ll be out on loan before the season ends IMO.

I doubt he’s matched the wages offer we made as well. The wages in Scotland, even for the big two, lag well behind PL clubs, none of whom appear to have had any interest in him.

No transfer fee involved though, so you can bet he's trousered a very healthy signing on fee.

Not sure about him getting loaned out. At his best he's a PL bottom end starter, which is more than good enough for the SPL. He'd have to really take the piss to be loaned out so quickly.

No transfer fee involved though, so you can bet he's trousered a very healthy signing on fee.

Not sure about him getting loaned out. At his best he's a PL bottom end starter, which is more than good enough for the SPL. He'd have to really take the piss to be loaned out so quickly.

That would be paid over the length of his contract but even then he’ll be on less than most low end PL wages. Morelos is supposedly “only” on £30k a week as the best paid player and Hagi and Tavernier on around half of that. With players they already have he’ll need to hit the ground running. If he thinks we were harsh on him he’ll not like it if the Teddy Bears turn on him.

There’s no doubt Rangers (and Celtic) are big clubs - certainly well within the top 30 in Europe - and there’s CL football to be had, but l’d guess he’s far short of the riches he expected by not moving to a PL club.

Anyway, fuck him.

It’s great when players show a bit of class and thank the cub they’re leaving for the opportunity to further their careers (sadly for him he could only get a club in a lower Championship standard league playing for Rangers) and thank the fans for their support.

Unfortunately John Lundstram doesn’t have any class.

Why should he thank anyone after the grief our fans have given him , look at one twitter/instagram post by lundstram or the club and look at the grief he gets

Works both ways

When did he throw his toys out? Seems to me that since December he's been pretty quiet on Social Media.

The facts are:
He didn't sign a new contract
He kept getting picked by the manager and was putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team
His team mates seemed to like him.
He then left, put out a message to say he's happy to be at Rangers
Didn't send a message to Blades fans to say thanks

Given that he's only just arrived at Rangers and he's no doubt had abuse online over the last few months (judging by this, other threads and social media) its no surprise that he's not put out a message of gratitude.

Seems that its some of our own fans that threw their toys out....

But that's the point. He wasn't putting the effort in, and hasn't been for a long long time. If you couldn't see that then more fool you.

I also one who is staggered that anyone can defend Lundstrams 'efforts' last season (the non signing of his contract immaterial as many didn't want him to sign it).

He's openly taken the piss out of their club for the last 12 months and still some defend him. I'm sure these people would clap him and wish him good luck if he walked up to their front door and posted a turd through their letter box. Fuck me sideways.

Duffy wanted another year on his contract, nowt to do with pay.

How you can say Duffy was rightly fucked off is a mystery.
Take a look at Duffy's career post Sheffield United I think that will answer your question, no he wasn't worth another year and definitely not at Premier League level.

Loaned to Stoke but couldn't hold down a place, loaned to Den Haag and did nothing there either. Released by us and signed for League one Fleetwood released at the end of last season.

Last edited:
Take a look at Duffy's career post Sheffield United I think that will answer your question, no he wasn't worth another year and definitely not at Premier League level.
Take a look at Duffy's career prior to Sheffield united and it wasn't great either.

What's your point?

Back
Top Bottom