CONFIRMED Lundstram to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep lets forget him now. Pretty sure come first game of the season in August it will be "Lundstram who?"

View attachment 116184
Keep seeing Rangers fans say this. He wasn't even offered the sort of money Billy Sharp was on which is why he refused it. Imagine making Lundstram our highest paid player when we had just spent £22m to replace him.

It's strange with Lundstram. He was non descript for the most part of his time here and should by
rights attract no more than a Partridge shrug now he's left. He is definitely someone we should have been looking to improve on even in The Championship as he showed he wasn't up to it in his first two seasons. He's done incredibly well to get a move to Rangers, despite what people think of the league, given how he couldn't hold down a first team place here in his 4 seasons.
I agree. Much as I agreed with virtually everything CW did, I never understood his use of Lunny. He was a liability in League 1, hardly ever used in the Championship but had that trick in the prem where he ghosted in to the back post following the dummy on the goalie from Didz. It was a one trick as when the same ball was played to him at the edge of the area he always blasted over. Sander got through the entire City defence and laid it on for him and he still couldn't score. He was tough in the tackle but gave the ball away so often that he was just beyond frustrating. This was before he just gave up. So I'm not sorry to see him go and if he thinks "Liverpool and Glasgow" know more because they are "proper" fans then he really is in trouble. If they are that good they will be gutted with what they are paying a weekly wage to.

So, I see that they've found this thread and are understandably reading up on our thoughts.

I can also see that a select few think our views are based on bitterness.

I can honestly, wholeheartedly say, he's just not very good and for that reason, I'm glad to see him leave as I think our club can sign better. My reasons for saying this:
  • Barring a 6 month spell, he's been ineffective for us.
  • He's never found his role in the side, he doesn't know what type of player he wants or is meant to be.
  • For this reason, he's never been more than a squad player (seriously and consistently), even at Championship and League One level.
  • He has contributed nothing of note, for around 18 months. Genuinely. He's been absent in an attacking sense, and a liability defensively.
Not a word of bitterness about this, but I'm glad he's gone, as it allows us to explore better options and who want to be here.

View attachment 116184
Keep seeing Rangers fans say this. He wasn't even offered the sort of money Billy Sharp was on which is why he refused it. Imagine making Lundstram our highest paid player when we had just spent £22m to replace him.

It's strange with Lundstram. He was non descript for the most part of his time here and should by
rights attract no more than a Partridge shrug now he's left. He is definitely someone we should have been looking to improve on even in The Championship as he showed he wasn't up to it in his first two seasons. He's done incredibly well to get a move to Rangers, despite what people think of the league, given how he couldn't hold down a first team place here in his 4 seasons.
I hate morons like that. How does a rangers fan know we tried to make him our highest paid player 😂

I agree. Much as I agreed with virtually everything CW did, I never understood his use of Lunny. He was a liability in League 1, hardly ever used in the Championship but had that trick in the prem where he ghosted in to the back post following the dummy on the goalie from Didz. It was a one trick as when the same ball was played to him at the edge of the area he always blasted over. Sander got through the entire City defence and laid it on for him and he still couldn't score. He was tough in the tackle but gave the ball away so often that he was just beyond frustrating. This was before he just gave up. So I'm not sorry to see him go and if he thinks "Liverpool and Glasgow" know more because they are "proper" fans then he really is in trouble. If they are that good they will be gutted with what they are paying a weekly wage to.

It's understandable that Rangers fans think we don't like him because of last season but he was (often unfairly) disliked for most of his time here. In the first season he failed to replace Coutts and we had to bring Lee Evans in. Second season he started 5 games and even Basham was in midfield ahead of him in certain games. Third season he has a phenomenal 3 month period before losing his place post Christmas to Besic and then Berge. 4th season he was poor in the early stages(as were the rest of the team) before becoming a complete joke by the end.

In 4 seasons he had no more than 20 decent games. He was a nothing player for the vast majority of his time here and he was never going to get a Premier League club after leaving.

None of them deserve the title of cunt though. Only the crown cunt deserves that.

At the risk of going off on a tangent, I'd concur with you on Lee Evans who I thought was treated quite shabbily by Wilder but Leonard and Carruthers were cunts in my eyes for their lack of application and willingness to roll up their sleeves...

Too late mate I've already renewed my season ticket and will do for the next ten like the previous ten

Don't take the bait just cause your brain doesn't let you comprehend other people having different opinions to the herd

JL7 was unfairly scapegoated its as simple as that
What a load of Bollox!! Even I can put up with piss poor players but to turn out and not even give a toss is unforgivable, and most of the blame for playing him as to go to Wilder and Heccy.

Didn't rate Lunny- always thought there was a mistake about to happen that would be costly. wasn't total rubbish but never outstanding and never consistent, the latter which we are desperate for.

But to say he didn't give a toss is rubbish- of course he did- he just wasn't good enough for us - sadly.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the Leeds game on the 5th April 2021. I couldn't believe his lack of effort trying to get back as Leeds broke away. Ampadu who had started way behind him raced past him as recorded in this report:-

What happened next proved the final straw for many Sheffield United fans.
With Leeds breaking at their customary pace, and John Fleck losing his footing, they had a three-on-two situation. Lundstram was the nearest Blades player to the ball and Raphinha; Ben Osborn and Rhian Brewster were racing back to cover.
Ethan Ampadu, the United defender, was in the Leeds area when the free-kick came in and by the time Raphinha raced clear, was at least 15 yards further up the pitch than Lundstram. Within three seconds, he had caught his teammate up and a few moments later was in a position to almost cut out the Brazilian’s cross, which Stuart Dallas put narrowly wide.

Exactly that moment.

I dig out my ageing 5-a-side team mates for lesser crimes that this.

I think the only time he truly downed tools was after Wilder left. Before that he was just playing badly.

Just to clarify the nickname thing for the Gers fans lurking

Lundy
Lunny
Dolph
prime epl baller

Glumstrum ✅
Lundercunt ✅
Lunwank ✅

May thrive in a new team. Who knows.

Last edited:

Too late mate I've already renewed my season ticket and will do for the next ten like the previous ten

Don't take the bait just cause your brain doesn't let you comprehend other people having different opinions to the herd

JL7 was unfairly scapegoated its as simple as that
Here’s my opinion, different to the herd.

Lundstram was okay, up until he believed his own hype, then he became lazy. He couldn’t be arsed, which frankly is unforgivable, and almost as unfathomable as to why he still got picked every week.

And if your brain doesn’t let you comprehend someone having a different opinion to you then, well, suck it up, buttercup.

Lungs Gone

Along with

Lindstrum
Lindstrom
Lundstrum
Lunstrøm (remember when people were checking if he was eligible for Norway 😆😆)
Lindestorm
Landstrim
Etc...

At the risk of going off on a tangent, I'd concur with you on Lee Evans who I thought was treated quite shabbily by Wilder but Leonard and Carruthers were cunts in my eyes for their lack of application and willingness to roll up their sleeves...
Harsh on Leonard. He never really got a look in

Congratulations JL7 no wonder he downed tools for the last couple of months of the season when he had brain dead morons slagging him off

Lunny will smash it up and dare I say follow in Stevie G's footsteps into becoming an all round goal scoring midfielder

Good luck lunny and thanks for the memories , mine isn't as short as plenty of others on this thread
stick with pigtalk 🐷🐷🐷

Only kept on to car share with OConnoll from Liverpool, 20 games apart (during that run in the PL) he was L1 standard.

Congratulations JL7 no wonder he downed tools for the last couple of months of the season when he had brain dead morons slagging him off

Lunny will smash it up and dare I say follow in Stevie G's footsteps into becoming an all round goal scoring midfielder

Good luck lunny and thanks for the memories , mine isn't as short as plenty of others on this thread
It must be short enough to have forgotten everything from November 19 onwards.

Cheered me up no end that post, top work fella 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Tin hat on...........

I always thought he became a scapegoat for us.

He was brilliant til we signed Berg and then threw his toys out of the pram as Berg was paid huge amounts more. Sadly both Berg and Lunnny
have been crap since then.

I can relate to Lunny as I've had a similar situation at work where other less experienced colleagues have come in and been paid more
than me and let me tell you it hurts. (not similar in terms of money I am on obviously, but you get my point).

He will play champions league football next season and win the league. A big step up from championship for me. Fairplay to him.

It’s great when players show a bit of class and thank the cub they’re leaving for the opportunity to further their careers (sadly for him he could only get a club in a lower Championship standard league playing for Rangers) and thank the fans for their support.

Unfortunately John Lundstram doesn’t have any class.

One of the worst things about crowds not being at the lane last season, apart from the obvious, was that it allowed him a free ride to continue playing like an absolute half arsed twat.

He'd have known everyone's feeling towards him and I think the pressure on wilder to actually drop him would've been too great to not.

He was lucky to get away with it last season.

Back
Top Bottom