CONFIRMED Lundstram to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why should he thank anyone after the grief our fans have given him , look at one twitter/instagram post by lundstram or the club and look at the grief he gets

Works both ways
Completely agree, personally i find some of the comments on here and Social media pretty disgusting. I'd imagine he's glad to be away from our club and getting a fresh start.

He alienated himself no more or less than Fleck or Norwood with the way that he played. The only crime (difference between those two) that he seems to have committed is that he didn't sign a new contract at United. He was crap last season but so were so many other players. Christ, for 10 games or so, Ramsdale was one of the shittest keepers we've seen in a while, he was a calamity...

Its a team game, Lundstram was part of a really awful team, mistakes were made throughout the club and i'm not sticking up for Lundstram in anyway. But i certainly don't hold any hatred towards him like many on here.

He's gone now, i wish him the best, but he's certainly not on the Neil Collins list for me.
I couldn’t understand the stuff being aimed at Rammers , I young goalkeeper, with a nervous defense who at time struggled to kick snow off a rope , never mind if in doubt kick it out
Because everyone in front of him was god damn awful
And of course he wasn’t Deano
I don’t hate lundstram , it’s just a pity the managers we had didn’t do what they got paid to do
I’d have dropped Lundstram but purely on a he won’t be here next season play someone who will be basis , same up top
I think Norwood and Fleck had good will built up from bouncing day to our first season in premier league although Norwoods star seems to be waning as well

He's a quality box to box midfielder at that level. I have been his biggest fan since we signed him. Argued his corner in every pile on since coutts got injured. I was so pleased to be vindicated when he 'came good' in that first prem season. We finally played a system that suited him and the stars aligned and he was finally physically and mentally ready to take his chance, along with our system changing, it was a match made in heaven. I wouldnt go as far as to say he was my 'favourite player' in the championship promotion season because that would almost be impossible but he was the one player i felt we should and perhaps could have utilised more and took way more stick than he deserved to.

However, after watching some of his performances this season. I have no words. After 25 years of watching us every week I have never seen a player give less than him. It was almost a parody at times. Some of his performances were worse than Lee Baxter away at Burnley which i was at. He's surpassed that. I absolutely despise the bloke. I'm not reactionary as a person in general, but i broke my tv remote because i threw it at the wall during one game last season after watching him literally kick the ball out of play 3 times in a row. Every bit of good will i had for him was eaten away to the point I have grown to hate his voice. Hate his hair. Hate the way he runs. Hate his smile. I wouldn't piss on the bloke if he was on fire. It has also contributed to the loss of respect of Wilder that ive developed, due to him picking him week in week out despite the fact it went against everything i thought Wilder stood for.

It's going to take something seriously horrendous for me to hate a united player more than I hate this bloke. He will either do really well in Scotland and get a new contract in 4 years and finish his career there, or this disgustingly bad work ethic will continue and he will be at Livingstone in 18 months and out of contract in 3. I dont care any more. Just want him to be miserable.
Forget that blow-job, Lunny.

I’ll trust my own eyes over what noises were supposed to be coming out of the club. All those at the club clearly weren’t thinking straight, how can they be, it was the worst season I’ve seen us play and we were embarrassing for the level we were supposed to be at considering we finished top half the season before.

Something fundamentally was clearly wrong at the club, you can’t go from been very good to absolute wank in a year or so without there being something drastically wrong and Covid isn’t to blame as every fucker has had to deal with it.

Why should the twat get equal pay to the others when the others have done so much more than him in the 4 years that the twat was here?

Osborn embarrassed the twat and he’s no good in midfield either, not bad at Left back and will do a job in the Championship, his work rate put the twat to shame, I don’t know if you noticed but our best form came in the last month or so when the twat was took out of the team completely?

He wasn’t a scapegoat, I don’t do scapegoats, he was an embarrassing so called professional footballer who somehow manage to stroll around the pitch, doing absolutely fuck all and got paid by of our club for doing so, he can fuck right off.

You have to run about a bit to pull muscles and get other types of injuries, my point is he didn’t get into a sprint at any point in the season to get an injury, I’m almost certain every other outfield player had an injury of some kind last season or at least needed their kit washing, he didn’t need fuck all.
We probably need to agree to disagree on this then mate. Heckingbottom said the running stats showed he was running but never mind.

The Lundstram situation reminds me a lot of the Michael Brown situation when he left. He downed tools as well when he entered the final year of his contract. We should have sold both of them before it got to that stage, it's only natural players don't want to risk injury when they are looking for another club. I'm apathetic about Lundstram, not gutted he's gone, and don't bear him any malice. My only gripe was why Wilder was obsessed with playing him, when he must have known he wouldn't go full tilt. All in the past now though.

He owes the muppet at fantasy premier league who put him down as a defender a fair few pints I would say.

My abiding memory of Lundstram will be laughing at his efforts and subsequent abuse he would get in shoutbox during matches.

I'm delighted he never signed that contract. We didn't like him. He didn't like us. No hard feelings.

The point is Wilder was right not to extend his contract rather than have an unhappy player in the club he was loaned out I just wish Wilder had done the same with Lundstram rather than letting him stink the dressing room out with his shit attitude.
The thing is while Lundstram was stinking the place out so was Wilder by continuously offering to resign. The intensity in training must have been shocking.

Not sure how he’ll do at Rangers. We know he’s mostly useless when faced with a deep lying opposition (every Rangers home game).

But at his best, his running off the ball in more open games is tremendous. Will he get that chance?

Either way I’ll watch with an ambivalence to match his own.

It's an interesting one.

All the noises from Wilder, the players and even Heckingbottom was that he deserved his place, was trying and they had respect for him. Nobody said anything to the contrary inside the club. Why was that? If he really was the full weight twat that many people think he is, why wasn't he dropped sooner? Can't be just down to others being injured, maybe he wasn't as bad as we think, either in training or on the pitch?

For me, the whole team were piss poor last season. They ALL got off to a crap start, not just Lunny. Nobody bar Didzy and in the end Rammers came out with any credit. Lunny wanted equal pay with others after being at the club for 4 years and wasn't offered it so refused to sign a lesser contract which I respect. For me he became a scapegoat and managers were being asked why he was included regularly so in the end he was dropped to avoid the hassle. Osborn replaced him and was equally terrible though he did seem to run around more.

PS I don't think Rammers was injured last season was he? It means nothing.

The contract he was offered was on par with the highest earners at the club. That still wasn't enough for him. So he either wanted to be made the highest paid player at the club or he had his head turned.

Everyone was poor but towards the end the lack of effort was unforgivable from him. All the other players put the effort in but their decision making was awful.

Osborn came in and added much more energy to the midfield despite him being out of position. He did a damn sight more in the last few games of the season than Lunny would have done.

Hate is probably the wrong word, I just can’t stand twats who take the piss out of his own supporters and club for such a long sustained period of time and that’s what I feel he has done. Wilder is mostly to blame for picking him week in week out when it goes against everything he strives for.

He was doing it for longer than people realised too, why do you think we got off to a shocking start to the season? Watch the performances back, the high levels of twatness had already set in for him, it wasn’t just 3 months of lazy performances like some are making out, it’s far more than that.

Also, when you have players like McBurnie lauding his performances and saying what a player he is, it doesn’t bode well for the standards being set for him or anyone else that thinks his standards have been acceptable, it doesn’t bode well at all and it’s shown.

He was the only player to not get an injury last season, that says it all ffs.
Not only McKnob loves him , if you follow JoC on twitter you'll see that JoC does too and is not shy about shouting it out - this I can't understand - as a player & as a man , I can find nothing which puts LunnyCunt on the same planet , let alone the same league as JoC.
It truly pains me to think of JoC struggling with his injury , yet kind enough to offer moral support to the complete twat in his "Rangers journey".

The contract he was offered was on par with the highest earners at the club. That still wasn't enough for him. So he either wanted to be made the highest paid player at the club or he had his head turned.

Everyone was poor but towards the end the lack of effort was unforgivable from him. All the other players put the effort in but their decision making was awful.

Osborn came in and added much more energy to the midfield despite him being out of position. He did a damn sight more in the last few games of the season than Lunny would have done.
I hear you mate. You’re probably right about the end of lunnys career for us.
As for the actual contract offer we will never know the actual figures he was offered. I would be very surprised if it was up there with the highest earners at the club but who knows? He may well have had a pre contract chat with Gerrard for sure. For me it all started to go south when Berge came in and immediately replaced him and was almost certainly paid much more than lunny. I’ve said it before but that happened to me at my work and it really hurts. Berge has been poor for us since as well but is much more likeable so gets away with it.

Think he'll do well up there. Gerrard is probably a very good manager for him. He'll play Champions league football. Be well compensated. Win the league. Basically, be very successful in his chosen profession. How he performed for us and his apparent disinterest aside who, when given the opportunity, wouldn't grab a chance of doing these things?

I'm not about to say GLTTL, but I like to think I'm level headed enough to see the wood for the trees.
So any bloke is entitled to come round to your house and .... because who wouldn't grab the chance ?
And you wouldn't hold it against them because you can "see the wood for the trees" ?
You must have a PhD in phlegmatic philosophy !

When did he throw his toys out? Seems to me that since December he's been pretty quiet on Social Media.

The facts are:
He didn't sign a new contract
He kept getting picked by the manager and was putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team
His team mates seemed to like him.
He then left, put out a message to say he's happy to be at Rangers
Didn't send a message to Blades fans to say thanks

Given that he's only just arrived at Rangers and he's no doubt had abuse online over the last few months (judging by this, other threads and social media) its no surprise that he's not put out a message of gratitude.

Seems that its some of our own fans that threw their toys out....
Pure nonsense.

Effort is very subjective, that's why i wrote "putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team".

What i will say is that all players are monitored in both training and matches, if he wasn't putting the effort in, then he simply wouldn't have got a starting position for so long. So more fool me, but i believe that the effort levels were there...
You have been fooled by a twat who could run & pass sideways & backwards which a computer can measure as effort.
The same computer can't measure the tackles which were not made or the covering which was not done or the crazy early wild attempted tackle to get an early yellow + trot around for the rest of the game.
Are you a computer programme or a human who's actually watched football with an intelligent insightful eye ?

We probably need to agree to disagree on this then mate. Heckingbottom said the running stats showed he was running but never mind.
If a football manager needs to quote stats to defend his shit player , the world's deffo gone fuckin mad.
We have eyes , you know !

Contract thing I can understand. The dialled in performances of last season less so.

He'll do OK in the monkey tennis league where most weeks he'll be bullying teams the standard of Donny Rovers.

And he'll get to play in Europe so a result for him.

Footnote in our history to be mentioned in the same breath as Brian Howard and James Harper

Contract thing I can understand. The dialled in performances of last season less so.

He'll do OK in the monkey tennis league where most weeks he'll be bullying teams the standard of Donny Rovers.

And he'll get to play in Europe so a result for him.

Footnote in our history to be mentioned in the same breath as Brian Howard and James Harper

Or deemed less popular than Dean Hammond or Terry Cunt?

I couldn’t understand the stuff being aimed at Rammers , I young goalkeeper, with a nervous defense who at time struggled to kick snow off a rope , never mind if in doubt kick it out
Because everyone in front of him was god damn awful
And of course he wasn’t Deano
I don’t hate lundstram , it’s just a pity the managers we had didn’t do what they got paid to do
I’d have dropped Lundstram but purely on a he won’t be here next season play someone who will be basis , same up top
I think Norwood and Fleck had good will built up from bouncing day to our first season in premier league although Norwoods star seems to be waning as well
i did hate lundstram dublin in the way he disrespected what this club had done for him bringing him from obscurity with oxford to the premier league as ive said numerous times on this thread ive never seen any other player take the piss like this guy did

I hear you mate. You’re probably right about the end of lunnys career for us.
As for the actual contract offer we will never know the actual figures he was offered. I would be very surprised if it was up there with the highest earners at the club but who knows? He may well have had a pre contract chat with Gerrard for sure. For me it all started to go south when Berge came in and immediately replaced him and was almost certainly paid much more than lunny. I’ve said it before but that happened to me at my work and it really hurts. Berge has been poor for us since as well but is much more likeable so gets away with it.
I have worked for a few companies that took the view, as soon as someone started talking about quitting, that was the sign to start interviewing replacements, no intention ever of trying to 'talk them around' or change their minds, I have also worked for some where the door is constantly propped open,, don't like it here, you know where the door is.
The danger is not so much the physical damage people can do, to machines/stock etc (although that does happen)! but the attitude soon starts to rub off on others, even those people with the best intentions can be sucked into it, they see someone doing the bare minimum and sometimes without realising it, they start to do less, and less.

I have worked for a few companies that took the view, as soon as someone started talking about quitting, that was the sign to start interviewing replacements, no intention ever of trying to 'talk them around' or change their minds, I have also worked for some where the door is constantly propped open,, don't like it here, you know where the door is.
The danger is not so much the physical damage people can do, to machines/stock etc (although that does happen)! but the attitude soon starts to rub off on others, even those people with the best intentions can be sucked into it, they see someone doing the bare minimum and sometimes without realising it, they start to do less, and less.

THIS ^^^^^ once one person gets away with not pulling their weight it spreads like a cancer through the workforce seen it a few times in my working life. People will not work their bollocks off while a team mate tosses it off, soon the whole lot start to under perform.

i did hate lundstram dublin in the way he disrespected what this club had done for him bringing him from obscurity with oxford to the premier league as ive said numerous times on this thread ive never seen any other player take the piss like this guy did
I know what you mean and can understand your feelings towards him
I’ve said previously the team as a whole , can thank their lucky stars , fans weren’t allowed in because I could have seen major hassle with some of those absolute horror shows of performances
I think at that stage certain players would have been rightly dropped
But some of our fans would have virtually hounded Ramsdale out of the club even though it was the car crash in front of him that left him hopelessly exposed at times at the start of the season
Stevens / Fleck ( although injured? ) Norwood and his non tackle finger pointing leading to goals were woeful for most of season , the midfield or lack of it contributed to a lot of our strikers non performances ,
Lundstram was the shit end of the stick for good reasons this season
But I wouldn’t have played him for most of it , it was only when fans were allowed back in he was dropped and the rest picked it up
Coincidence?

Good result for Lunny. Gets to play for fast track bullies in a piss poor league. Half a dozen losable games a year should suit his level of effort down to the ground.
Good result for the club, won't clutter up the training centre or first team.
Good result for me, sees the back of him from our team, off to a league of zero interest and no need for his presence to bother me from this day forward.
Lord who?

Back
Top Bottom