CONFIRMED Lundstram to Rangers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Take a look at Duffy's career prior to Sheffield united and it wasn't great either.

What's your point?
The point is Wilder was right not to extend his contract rather than have an unhappy player in the club he was loaned out I just wish Wilder had done the same with Lundstram rather than letting him stink the dressing room out with his shit attitude.

The point is Wilder was right not to extend his contract rather than have an unhappy player in the club he was loaned out I just wish Wilder had done the same with Lundstram rather than letting him stink the dressing room out with his shit attitude.
Should have done the same yes, it was entirely hypocritical of him to do this.

The difference also was that Duffy was a major factor in our promotion too, the best technical player I've seen at the lane for decades.

Why should he thank anyone after the grief our fans have given him , look at one twitter/instagram post by lundstram or the club and look at the grief he gets

Works both ways
Because without the platform of playing for United in the PL there's no way he'd have got a move to Rangers. He could do it by thanking the club, players and staff and not mention the fans if he wanted to.

He's gone now but remains the epitomy of our time in the Premier League. Unexpectedly effective through to unlucky through to not good enough through to giving up.

But that's the point. He wasn't putting the effort in, and hasn't been for a long long time. If you couldn't see that then more fool you.
Effort is very subjective, that's why i wrote "putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team".

What i will say is that all players are monitored in both training and matches, if he wasn't putting the effort in, then he simply wouldn't have got a starting position for so long. So more fool me, but i believe that the effort levels were there...

Effort is very subjective, that's why i wrote "putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team".

What i will say is that all players are monitored in both training and matches, if he wasn't putting the effort in, then he simply wouldn't have got a starting position for so long. So more fool me, but i believe that the effort levels were there...
he only got a starting place because we had nobody else to put in once again chris wilders fault

I agree effort is subjective but the problem with using stats such as "km run during a match" and "successful passes" is that they don't give the full picture.

I would hazard a guess that Lundstrum was probably near the best on the pitch for those 2 categories but, from watching the matches, management should have noticed that he was jogging around aimlessly and playing loads of 10 yard "very safe" back passes.

Lundstrum was absolute muck last year and management should have spotted what most fans did. A bluffer who we are well rid of.

I agree effort is subjective but the problem with using stats such as "km run during a match" and "successful passes" is that they don't give the full picture.

I would hazard a guess that Lundstrum was probably near the best on the pitch for those 2 categories but, from watching the matches, management should have noticed that he was jogging around aimlessly and playing loads of 10 yard "very safe" back passes.

Lundstrum was absolute muck last year and management should have spotted what most fans did. A bluffer who we are well rid of.
Hence the other part of the statement I made in both my original post and the posted which you quoted/ replied to. Effort wasn’t taken in isolation.

ancientblade spot on, this is part of the point. Lunny was the only option for that role or the only option that the manager was prepared to select. Which is a separate discussion.

What I do agree with you about is that effort is subjective. Any effort shown in training by players doesn't really equate to the real thing which is match day and what goes on on the pitch in a match when livelihoods, league positions and relegation are at stake.

Do I think that he ran around a bit in training and did a bit of running on the pitch on match day then yes I do. But there are ways and means to make it look like you are doing something but aren't actually doing much and are going through the motions. I can only remember a single tackle that he did last season (sent off at Palace) where he looked like he was stretching himself to try and win the ball, other than that he's done a lot of gentle jogging to keep himself ticking over but had sod all substance to his game. Case in point the game at Elland Road where he was running back to his own goal when Osborn scored the equaliser, or when he gave the ball away and was then ambling back whilst his teammates went streaming past him to desperately try and get back to defend. He was an embarrassment to himself at the end with the lack of application required from a footballer.

He played everything safe and his stats probably look great as all he did all game was pass backwards or sideways (still often managing to give the ball away in dangerous positions and dropping us in the shit) and jog around a bit. But substance or actual value to the team by his individual performance ... negligible. We could have had a traffic cone in the middle of the park which would have done less damage.

He was playing within himself, making sure he didn't get injured, and simply marking time til he went. He was cheating the fans and his team mates and wasn't interested. Watch the game at Elland Road again for example and tell me he was putting it all in for SUFC. He wasn't and hasn't been for a long time. How CW or PH allowed him to get away with it so long is another mystery and for that alone I thought CW was losing the plot.

He has no affinity to the club or fans,that’s clear to see..
Its in the best interests of Sheffield United that he has left our club.
Thats the most diplomatic I can be

For a city of our size we're a joke in football terms. The pigs won a trophy back in 92 and we can't even have established PL teams. Lots of reasons behind it but when you think of footballing hotbeds Liverpool and Glasgow are on a different planet to Sheffield, sadly. We're second rate hence our second tier status. Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool and to a much lesser degree, Everton, are massive clubs with international standing. The Rangers manager, like him or not, must be an amazing man to play for and learn from, especially as JL is a midfielder and a Scouser. This thread really does show what a chip on our shoulders lots of our fans have, it's really sad.
In an interview he describes Glasgow as a proper football city with proper football fans like Liverpool - was that a parting dig at us?

For a city of our size we're a joke in football terms. The pigs won a trophy back in 92 and we can't even have established PL teams. Lots of reasons behind it but when you think of footballing hotbeds Liverpool and Glasgow are on a different planet to Sheffield, sadly. We're second rate hence our second tier status. Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool and to a much lesser degree, Everton, are massive clubs with international standing. The Rangers manager, like him or not, must be an amazing man to play for and learn from, especially as JL is a midfielder and a Scouser. This thread really does show what a chip on our shoulders lots of our fans have, it's really sad.

I agree that as far as football is concerned Liverpool and Glasgow are on a different planet to Sheffield. That's not in dispute. What I think some have picked up on is that it tends to be usual for a player to thank his old club (especially one where he has been for the last 4 years picking up a nice wage) when they move on to pastures new. Call it good manners if you like to wish their old club all the best. But in this case, nothing...not a mention. It's almost like he's not bothered about SUFC....now who would have thought that...

Personally, I couldn't give a shiny shit whether he mentions us or not (rather he doesnt associate himself with SUFC at all now tbh). He's just an irrelevant little twirp in my book now he's finally had the good grace to sling his hook.

I agree that as far as football is concerned Liverpool and Glasgow are on a different planet to Sheffield. That's not in dispute. What I think some have picked up on is that it tends to be usual for a player to thank his old club (especially one where he has been for the last 4 years picking up a nice wage) when they move on to pastures new. Call it good manners if you like to wish their old club all the best. But in this case, nothing...not a mention. It's almost like he's not bothered about SUFC....now who would have thought that...

Personally, I couldn't give a shiny shit whether he mentions us or not (rather he doesnt associate himself with SUFC at all now tbh). He's just an irrelevant little twirp in my book now he's finally had the good grace to sling his hook.
if lundstram ever turns out for another team at the lane he will know very quickly what the majority of our fans thought about him ive seen lots of very poor players in the red and white stripes over the years but ive never seen anybody take the piss and insult the fans and club like this waste of space did utb f**ck lundstram

Good news for Lundstram though if..... Connor Sammon can make a go of it in that shit league and fool them into believing he's a footballer maybe Lundstram can too.

Let's hope he never 'graces' the hallowed turf of SUFC ever again.

'Gud ol Lundy' is the only player who has ever pissed me off so much that I simply had to pack in watching Utd for a few months (from January onwards). Even if we could have been allowed back in the ground, I would have not bothered, such was my disgust at it all.

I have seen many a piss poor player playing for us and still turned up and backed them as I knew that no matter how bad they were they were still playing for the shirt. That tw@t strolled around clearly not giving a fuck and got away with it game after game. It was so obvious I couldn't stomach it any more. Outrageous by GOL and pathetic management by SUFC to allow such a lazy wanker to get away with it time after time, who was going through the motions and playing everything nice and simple to avoid injury and keep his possession stats up. Pathetic.

That said, all done now and he's gone. Good riddance. More importantly I can start to watch my side again without my blood pressure going through the fucking roof.
Felt the same mate if he played I stopped watching our team
If he was brought on as a sub I switched it off as well
I unfortunately can understand towards the end of the season him not trying even more than normal, not jeopardising a move / getting injured to stop a move , if I’m honest I thought he was going to get himself sent off to avoid games
But he should have been dropped by Chris

Hell be remembered for spitting the dummy out after all we did for his career, one purple patch showed us what a player he could be, but then he upset the whole apple cart with the wage demands in my opinion.. Can't have been good for the whole squad to see they can't earn more than 25k a week in the Premier league.. (I know, ridiculous isn't it)

It's a good signing for Rangers on a free, I'll most likely have the pleasure of watching him as we go up to Glasgow a few times to watch them.. He'll not have a problem with Scottish football as its only 2 teams truth be told..

And he's playing for the best one..
Might see you up their mate I’ll be the one waving a tricolour , representing Ireland 🇮🇪
Not thick nationalist ideology

Lundstrom good riddance. he won,t last two min when Rangers next play Celtic.

If

If having a chip on your shoulder is thinking in reality the Glasgow teams are bang average compared to many English teams and that Liverpool has one great team and another that would be better off being called Magnolia as they don't go up and dont go down rarely win owt and have no dramas then happy to be sad and chipped!

Hate is probably the wrong word, I just can’t stand twats who take the piss out of his own supporters and club for such a long sustained period of time and that’s what I feel he has done. Wilder is mostly to blame for picking him week in week out when it goes against everything he strives for.

He was doing it for longer than people realised too, why do you think we got off to a shocking start to the season? Watch the performances back, the high levels of twatness had already set in for him, it wasn’t just 3 months of lazy performances like some are making out, it’s far more than that.

Also, when you have players like McBurnie lauding his performances and saying what a player he is, it doesn’t bode well for the standards being set for him or anyone else that thinks his standards have been acceptable, it doesn’t bode well at all and it’s shown.

He was the only player to not get an injury last season, that says it all ffs.
It's an interesting one.

All the noises from Wilder, the players and even Heckingbottom was that he deserved his place, was trying and they had respect for him. Nobody said anything to the contrary inside the club. Why was that? If he really was the full weight twat that many people think he is, why wasn't he dropped sooner? Can't be just down to others being injured, maybe he wasn't as bad as we think, either in training or on the pitch?

For me, the whole team were piss poor last season. They ALL got off to a crap start, not just Lunny. Nobody bar Didzy and in the end Rammers came out with any credit. Lunny wanted equal pay with others after being at the club for 4 years and wasn't offered it so refused to sign a lesser contract which I respect. For me he became a scapegoat and managers were being asked why he was included regularly so in the end he was dropped to avoid the hassle. Osborn replaced him and was equally terrible though he did seem to run around more.

PS I don't think Rammers was injured last season was he? It means nothing.

When did he throw his toys out? Seems to me that since December he's been pretty quiet on Social Media.

The facts are:
He didn't sign a new contract
He kept getting picked by the manager and was putting the effort in/ doing the job to keep himself in the team
His team mates seemed to like him.
He then left, put out a message to say he's happy to be at Rangers
Didn't send a message to Blades fans to say thanks

Given that he's only just arrived at Rangers and he's no doubt had abuse online over the last few months (judging by this, other threads and social media) its no surprise that he's not put out a message of gratitude.

Seems that its some of our own fans that threw their toys out....
I’ll agree and disagree Swiss mate , I gave him the benefit of the doubt , but after seeing some of his performances last season I thought naw mate I’ve cut you enough slack , given you the opportunity to prove yourself
When Freeman and Coots got put onto the transfer list by wilder how did they respond by proving what good players there are by not accepting Chris’s decision and knuckling down , whereas Lundstram did what apart from alienating 95% of our fans with his attitude in games
Here’s the bit I agree with you , I personally couldn’t care less if he thanked us for his time here or not I’m not as precious as some
He’s gone he’s gone
It’s not like he put himself about like owd lead boots did he ?

It's an interesting one.

All the noises from Wilder, the players and even Heckingbottom was that he deserved his place, was trying and they had respect for him. Nobody said anything to the contrary inside the club. Why was that? If he really was the full weight twat that many people think he is, why wasn't he dropped sooner? Can't be just down to others being injured, maybe he wasn't as bad as we think, either in training or on the pitch?

For me, the whole team were piss poor last season. They ALL got off to a crap start, not just Lunny. Nobody bar Didzy and in the end Rammers came out with any credit. Lunny wanted equal pay with others after being at the club for 4 years and wasn't offered it so refused to sign a lesser contract which I respect. For me he became a scapegoat and managers were being asked why he was included regularly so in the end he was dropped to avoid the hassle. Osborn replaced him and was equally terrible though he did seem to run around more.

PS I don't think Rammers was injured last season was he? It means nothing.
I’ll trust my own eyes over what noises were supposed to be coming out of the club. All those at the club clearly weren’t thinking straight, how can they be, it was the worst season I’ve seen us play and we were embarrassing for the level we were supposed to be at considering we finished top half the season before.

Something fundamentally was clearly wrong at the club, you can’t go from been very good to absolute wank in a year or so without there being something drastically wrong and Covid isn’t to blame as every fucker has had to deal with it.

Why should the twat get equal pay to the others when the others have done so much more than him in the 4 years that the twat was here?

Osborn embarrassed the twat and he’s no good in midfield either, not bad at Left back and will do a job in the Championship, his work rate put the twat to shame, I don’t know if you noticed but our best form came in the last month or so when the twat was took out of the team completely?

He wasn’t a scapegoat, I don’t do scapegoats, he was an embarrassing so called professional footballer who somehow manage to stroll around the pitch, doing absolutely fuck all and got paid by of our club for doing so, he can fuck right off.

You have to run about a bit to pull muscles and get other types of injuries, my point is he didn’t get into a sprint at any point in the season to get an injury, I’m almost certain every other outfield player had an injury of some kind last season or at least needed their kit washing, he didn’t need fuck all.

Because without the platform of playing for United in the PL there's no way he'd have got a move to Rangers. He could do it by thanking the club, players and staff and not mention the fans if he wanted to.

He's gone now but remains the epitomy of our time in the Premier League. Unexpectedly effective through to unlucky through to not good enough through to giving up.

First season he was player of the season before berge was signed FACT
So yeah you could say he was the epitomy of our first season

He also was an epitomy of the second season the majority of players played like they were running out of contract so yeah you’re right there

I’ll agree and disagree Swiss mate , I gave him the benefit of the doubt , but after seeing some of his performances last season I thought naw mate I’ve cut you enough slack , given you the opportunity to prove yourself
When Freeman and Coots got put onto the transfer list by wilder how did they respond by proving what good players there are by not accepting Chris’s decision and knuckling down , whereas Lundstram did what apart from alienating 95% of our fans with his attitude in games
Here’s the bit I agree with you , I personally couldn’t care less if he thanked us for his time here or not I’m not as precious as some
He’s gone he’s gone
It’s not like he put himself about like owd lead boots did he ?
He alienated himself no more or less than Fleck or Norwood with the way that he played. The only crime (difference between those two) that he seems to have committed is that he didn't sign a new contract at United. He was crap last season but so were so many other players. Christ, for 10 games or so, Ramsdale was one of the shittest keepers we've seen in a while, he was a calamity...

Its a team game, Lundstram was part of a really awful team, mistakes were made throughout the club and i'm not sticking up for Lundstram in anyway. But i certainly don't hold any hatred towards him like many on here.

He's gone now, i wish him the best, but he's certainly not on the Neil Collins list for me.

Back
Top Bottom