CONFIRMED Luke Thomas - Season Long Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another snubs Leeds for us then it seems! I wonder if Leeds fans are getting miffed that players are choosing us over them! Bit like us with Villa a couple of years back. Well, they've had it the other way round for too long that's for sure, you could virtually select a complete Leeds team full of players they bought from us. Beesley was knackered when he went there so was less bothered on him going, but Deane, Currie, Sabella, Jones to name a few, they were our best players at the time, albeit most of that list was before my time but you don't to be a fan then to know Currie, Jones and Sabella were our best players, hence the move.

Even Agana went to Leeds after he left us, only on loan though. There's a photo on the net of him in Leeds kit🤮
Wonder if they have a gone to Sheffield United thread like we did with Villa?

I honestly think he is a bit lightweight and raw

He has had some good games for us, but he has also had some really really bad games where he needed to be hooked at half time

He isn’t that attacking, he won’t be bombing down the wing or overlapping or anything, but I do think he has some decent crossing ability to him

It hasn’t helped that he never really got a good run of games under Rodgers, but he definitely needs to bulk up a bit

Old work colleague, a Leics fan reckons just that. A bit lightweight

If we were only going for loans in attacking positions prior to this deal what makes you think we will now suddenly be spending big?
Well for starters I never said spend big and secondly are you suggesting we have sacrificed some creativity to fix the LWB issue?

Perhaps we don’t have the funds for another transfer fee, hence all our enquiries now tend to be loans?
I was under the impression we were using both loan spots for some much needed creativity

Another snubs Leeds for us then it seems! I wonder if Leeds fans are getting miffed that players are choosing us over them! Bit like us with Villa a couple of years back. Well, they've had it the other way round for too long that's for sure, you could virtually select a complete Leeds team full of players they bought from us. Beesley was knackered when he went there so was less bothered on him going, but Deane, Currie, Sabella, Jones to name a few, they were our best players at the time, albeit most of that list was before my time but you don't to be a fan then to know Currie, Jones and Sabella were our best players, hence the move.

Even Agana went to Leeds after he left us, only on loan though. There's a photo on the net of him in Leeds kit🤮
Aye
But there was subsequently (something of) a reverse’trend’’ - Kilgallon, Hulse, Davidson, Billy ((🤔) + Jones + Ribero
Admittedly not the same calibre as the lads we ‘lost’ although the Kilgallon & Hulse signings did feel somewhat sweet @ the time

Aye
But there was subsequently (something of) a reverse’trend’’ - Kilgallon, Hulse, Davidson, Billy ((🤔) + Jones + Ribero
Admittedly not the same calibre as the lads we ‘lost’ although the Kilgallon & Hulse signings did feel somewhat sweet @ the time
Yeah, I did think that as I was posting Killa and Hulse came to us when we were in the Prem, Davidson was past it when he came to us although not initially on loan; we all know how well he did then! Billy wasn't wanted by Leeds but they dropped one then as he got us promoted at their expense three years later and I bet they'd have never sold him to us had they known that! He was 29 when he left them, has to be one of the best signings ever made.

Back
Top Bottom