CONFIRMED Luke Thomas - Season Long Loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cracking signing

Though i cant but feel a bit sorry for Larouci , if you take out the mistake for the goal i think he is a decent player
Larouci will serve his purpose, either off the bench or starting against weaker opposition where we're likely to attack more, gives him space to develop. Thomas gives us proven quality defensively

Maybe weird but I was hoping we’d get someone a bit older, quite a few young lads in that team now. Any particular reason why Leicester don’t view him as good enough to be playing for them? Good LWB’s seem hard to come by though, we just need someone steady tbh.
Agree, I am happy we got him given the situation. But he is a young player, great bombing forward, but known for being very suspect at the back. We have so many new players trying to gel and our main asset should be our organisation and tactical discipline.

Cracking signing

Though i cant but feel a bit sorry for Larouci , if you take out the mistake for the goal i think he is a decent player
Larouci was brought in to be the attacking option to a more solid wing back, like we have with Bogle/Baldock. This probably works in his favor as he can play that role which he is better suited to.

The players who should be worried are, Lowe - he'll be rightly shifted on in January if fit, and Thomas himself when RND comes back.

I honestly think he is a bit lightweight and raw

He has had some good games for us, but he has also had some really really bad games where he needed to be hooked at half time

He isn’t that attacking, he won’t be bombing down the wing or overlapping or anything, but I do think he has some decent crossing ability to him

It hasn’t helped that he never really got a good run of games under Rodgers, but he definitely needs to bulk up a bit

Larouci is also what you would describe as raw.
Seems weird to sign another player that might not be oven ready for what we need.

The left side of our defence is a major weakness and I don't think this signing addresses it. Further, we rely on attacking output from our wing backs and this guy doesn't seem to have it.

Surely we could have found a more experienced steady option?

Seems weird to sign another player that might not be oven ready for what we need.

The left side of our defence is a major weakness and I don't think this signing addresses it. Further, we rely on attacking output from our wing backs and this guy doesn't seem to have it.

I totally agree ,don't know anything about the lad it doesn't excite me from what I've heard and seems a waste of loan

If it’s true Leicester have been trying to shift him all summer you’d have thought they might have sorted the working of that (extend option or whatever) out by now. Foxy cunts.

In fairness, there's plenty of teams after a decent left wing back and according to their (Leicester's) forum, Man U were heavily rumoured to be in for Thomas along with Leeds. I'm not saying they're a ringing endorsement either at the minute but if they were after him he can't be too shabby can he?

From what I’ve seen he’s decently defensively, very hard worker, but looked useless going forward. That was in a totally different system though 4-4-2.

Wonder if based on that he’ll be used as the lcb occasionally too when we are playing against sides we need to beat?

Really interesting move though, a loan ‘up’ to the prem, not something you see lots of, hope there is an option to buy even with the extension in his contract.

In fairness, there's plenty of teams after a decent left wing back and according to their (Leicester's) forum, Man U were heavily rumoured to be in for Thomas along with Leeds. I'm not saying they're a ringing endorsement either at the minute but if they were after him he can't be too shabby can he?

Man Utd are in for a left back. If they wanted Thomas he'd be there.
That's more likely agents linking him through the press.

He isn’t that attacking, he won’t be bombing down the wing or overlapping or anything, but I do think he has some decent crossing ability to him……
Agree, I am happy we got him given the situation. But he is a young player, great bombing forward, but known for being very suspect at the back. We have so many new players trying to gel and our main asset should be our organisation and tactical discipline.
?

Last edited:
He had his debut against us, and I thought he looked very talented.

The general opinion in these parts (I live in Leicestershire and am surrounded by LCFC ST holders), is that he hasn't really progressed and is too small. Bit of a surprising signing I think, I understand the position but not the player if that makes sense, but he's got a decent level of PL experience. It's been a problem position for us for a while, so he's got his chance to solve it for us.

GLTTL

Man Utd are in for a left back. If they wanted Thomas he'd be there.
That's more likely agents linking him through the press.
Man Utd are desperate, work with a guy who has quite close links to Man Utd. their short list ranges from Cuccerella to Bertrand who is still on a free.

Reactions: LSF
Any professional footballer who is able to kick a ball and know their position is a major upgrade on the one fit joker we currently have so for that I am all in on this one. We can't have that liability in the premier league

Until this guy makes an error then you’ll be slagging him off.
I can't imagine anyone who has the number of games in the top flight being as poor. I have watched football at extremely low levels but larouci would struggle in a lot of them imo. Nothing personal against him he's just not got any football IQ and I am not sure that can ever be learnt

Given our shoe-string budget I’m genuinely not sure what more some people could be hoping for. Thomas is a decent player with PL experience, and at a good age with some upside which I presume we could make the most of if we stay up. He instantly upgrades us and we’re not having to take a whack on wages. The likes of Cresswell and Targett are likely out of our price range due to wages.

Back
Top Bottom