Luke Freeman talking on Talksport

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The main thing I got from the interview was how highly he spoke of Ravel.

To be fair to Jim white ( who I can't stand ) the reason he was so far up the arse end of Leeds United at the end of last season is because he was very vocal about spygate and faced the wrath of the thickest most thuggish support in England about it
Think.he tried to make amends for the rest of the season by becoming their never one advocate
Let’s not be fair to Jim White....That spoils my agenda

To be fair the question could mean anything. There's a couple scenario's...

1. Jim White thinks we're getting relegated and that Luke Freeman should've stayed at QPR as he thinks they're going up.

OR

2. There we're multiple clubs in for him, including a more established Premier League club and Jim White is asking why he rejected them in favour of us when we have a higher chance of going back down.

hmmm

Talksport amounts to;

Morning - Alan Brazil telling you about his career, what wine he drinks & what events/hospitality he has recently been or going to.

Afternoon - Jim White & that fat, slavering cockney trying to outnoise each other.

Evening - Adrian Durham manufacturing controversial opinions which, shock surprise, Darren Gough disagrees with.

The only one I like listening to on this station is Tony Cascarino who seems to give Wilder a fair shake.
I get where you're coming from, but actually the proper journos and presenters start at 7pm, the likes of Danny Kelly, who is excellent.

Also a word in Luke Freeman’s “shell like”........There’ll enough people calling us “Sheffeel” next season. There’s no need for our own players to do it too.
I like it when we’re referred to as just Sheffield. It implies there isn’t another club in the city and when they say Sheffield it automatically means us. A bit like Leeds are referred to as just Leeds.

In fact I think we should drop United from our name officially.

I like it when we’re referred to as just Sheffield. It implies there isn’t another club in the city and when they say Sheffield it automatically means us. A bit like Leeds are referred to as just Leeds.

In fact I think we should drop United from our name officially.
I personally don’t mind us being called “Sheffield” so long as they call Man U “Manchester”.......But they don’t.
What really boils my piss is when they call the pigs “Sheffield”. They didn’t take on the city’s name since 1929

Apparently The Moose has spent the day with our players. Just got in and heard it’s ‘coming up’ on H&J.

Apparently The Moose has spent the day with our players. Just got in and heard it’s ‘coming up’ on H&J.
Just been listening to this talked a little about ravel Morrison who the media seem to be obsessed with ,no wonder the lad has problems dealing with the pressure
Wilder said he spoke to noble ,Harry redknapp and Rio Ferdinand about him and that we are just giving him a platform to perform on

Spoke about Bournemouth and how we have been looking to emulate them since the league one pre season when we shared s training camp in Marbella
Then got cut short by the England collapse and time constraints but I expect more to.come on Adrian dumarse's show later

Mcburnie and basham been on sky sports today bash talking about how excited the lads are and Oli talking about his beard

Mcburnie and basham been on sky sports today bash talking about how excited the lads are and Oli talking about his beard

The time for talking has ended; it needs to be removed. Hopefully by a grizzled Australian sheep shearer, who, after chasing McB around a bit, gets him held in between his legs, shaves the monstrosity off, slaps his arse and releases him with a hop, skip and a jump to join up with his team mates.

The time for talking has ended; it needs to be removed. Hopefully by a grizzled Australian sheep shearer, who, after chasing McB around a bit, gets him held in between his legs, shaves the monstrosity off, slaps his arse and releases him with a hop, skip and a jump to join up with his team mates.
After he's daubed him with splashes of red and white paint to show he's part of our flock !

He was debating shaving it off actually

Genuine question. Does anybody know if the other clubs tipped to be in the relegation scrap with us are getting as much negative press as we are? I understand why many think that we’re favourites to go down, I think our sudden rise and rise after being camped in League one for years being one of the reasons, but some of the rubbish I’ve read and heard about seems to be borderline disrespectful to the club, Wilder and players alike. Almost mocking them. I know that a lot of it is just attention seeking bollox from know-nowts (apologies knowsnowt ), but are fans of Norwich, Brighton and Burnley really experiencing the same level of crap about their clubs?

Whatever’s going on, one thing I do hope is that this makes the club and us as fans stronger and more determined to stick together and ram it down their bloody throats.

Genuine question. Does anybody know if the other clubs tipped to be in the relegation scrap with us are getting as much negative press as we are? I understand why many think that we’re favourites to go down, I think our sudden rise and rise after being camped in League one for years being one of the reasons, but some of the rubbish I’ve read and heard about seems to be borderline disrespectful to the club, Wilder and players alike. Almost mocking them. I know that a lot of it is just attention seeking bollox from know-nowts (apologies knowsnowt ), but are fans of Norwich, Brighton and Burnley really experiencing the same level of crap about their clubs?

Whatever’s going on, one thing I do hope is that this makes the club and us as fans stronger and more determined to stick together and ram it down their bloody throats.
The negative predictions of impending doom will surely serve to motivate the players and management, but sadly it will divide the fans. Some who are currently sat on the fence will no doubt have their concerns reinforced by the know nowt 'experts'.
For what it's worth, you just need to look at Wilder's record, it won't take long to realise that failure is not a word in his vocabulary. I'm certain he won't want to introduce it just yet.

We’re a bigger club than Brighton, Burnley or Norwich. It shouldn’t be a surprise that the media are more interested in us.

The negative predictions of impending doom will surely serve to motivate the players and management, but sadly it will divide the fans. Some who are currently sat on the fence will no doubt have their concerns reinforced by the know nowt 'experts'.
For what it's worth, you just need to look at Wilder's record, it won't take long to realise that failure is not a word in his vocabulary. I'm certain he won't want to introduce it just yet.
I’m sure Wilder won’t be giving it the “just glad to be here” bollox that Warnock used to trot out during our last stint in the top flight...he’s out for success and so far he’s exceeded expectations. He won’t let the patronising press coverage distract the squad from the task in hand.

I’m sure Wilder won’t be giving it the “just glad to be here” bollox that Warnock used to trot out during our last stint in the top flight...he’s out for success and so far he’s exceeded expectations. He won’t let the patronising press coverage distract the squad from the task in hand.
You do realise that Warnock was just saying that to take the pressure off his players
Love him or hate him that was his strength and he had a pretty good career doing it ,his players love him and run through brick walls for him but it's easy to sit back and pick apart his failures and put it down to him publicising himself over his club

You do realise that Warnock was just saying that to take the pressure off his players
Love him or hate him that was his strength and he had a pretty good career doing it ,his players love him and run through brick walls for him but it's easy to sit back and pick apart his failures and put it down to him publicising himself over his club
He has had a good career, very good in fact, but sadly not in the Premier league.
His reputation of being 'just glad to be here' was well earned, as on several occasions he just didn't take it seriously enough. One prime example was the January window when he bought players 'for the future', as though we were already safe. It was criminal really, and a gross misjudgement.
As for 'taking pressure off the players', well, I'm not sure about that. He just basked in the limelight, being interviewed on MOTD, and seeing himself on YouTube etc. He has a massive ego, but to be fair he seems to have mellowed recently. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he is evidently not a premier league Manager, and I do think he let us down last time we were there.
I think Chris Wilder is twice the man to be honest.

He has had a good career, very good in fact, but sadly not in the Premier league.
His reputation of being 'just glad to be here' was well earned, as on several occasions he just didn't take it seriously enough. One prime example was the January window when he bought players 'for the future', as though we were already safe. It was criminal really, and a gross misjudgement.
As for 'taking pressure off the players', well, I'm not sure about that. He just basked in the limelight, being interviewed on MOTD, and seeing himself on YouTube etc. He has a massive ego, but to be fair he seems to have mellowed recently. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he is evidently not a premier league Manager, and I do think he let us down last time we were there.
I think Chris Wilder is twice the man to be honest.
I hate having to come on here and defend the bloke but the fact is we went down by a gnats bollock and due to another team bending the rules
Some unitedites seem almost happy about that so they don't have to give a guy they don't like any credit

And for the record I'd rather have wilder than any other manager in the history of the game but let's not rewrite history

I hate having to come on here and defend the bloke but the fact is we went down by a gnats bollock and due to another team bending the rules
Some unitedites seem almost happy about that so they don't have to give a guy they don't like any credit

And for the record I'd rather have wilder than any other manager in the history of the game but let's not rewrite history
What in particular have I said that is 're-writing history?

What exactly were you saying then ?

I remember when Alan Brazil had Steve Morrison on the show. Brazil asked who Morrison thought would go up and started banging on about Leeds but Morrison said 'Sheffield United are the best side we've played" and Brazil carried on like he'd not heard him once again going on about how good Bielsa was and basically trying to force Morrison into saying Leeds were going up. Morrison said "I think Sheffield United are the best side in the league and will go up" and Brazil just sounded deflated and said something like 'Well I can't see past Leeds"

Brazil can't see past his belly when he goes for a piss

Just been listening to this talked a little about ravel Morrison who the media seem to be obsessed with ,no wonder the lad has problems dealing with the pressure
Wilder said he spoke to noble ,Harry redknapp and Rio Ferdinand about him and that we are just giving him a platform to perform on

Spoke about Bournemouth and how we have been looking to emulate them since the league one pre season when we shared s training camp in Marbella
Then got cut short by the England collapse and time constraints but I expect more to.come on Adrian dumarse's show later
Not a chance on the Durham and Dingle show

We could win our first 5 games scoring 20 goals conceding 2; lazy journalism wouldn't end. I'd envisage;

"Old school, direct, physical football"
"Wilders ragtag bunch of heroes"
"Industrious, well organised"

It's something I am getting my head around recently (in my professional life) that people are ignorant and shall believe what they want to believe; even if evidence & statistics differ, anecdotal evidence fits better if it pushes an agenda.

The club has revelled in this role, so it's partly their own fault
Wimbledon, Cambridge, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford, Everton and even Arsenal (George Graham days) were the very founders of long ball, direct, industrious hard working, boring shyte.

Bolton, Leicester, Stoke City, Crystal Palace and dozens of others have all used it

But it only sticks with one club, I wonder why ?

Bournemouth, Brighton, Fulham, Stoke, Leicester, Derby, Forest, Crystal Palace, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton, Portsmouth, QPR, SWFC, Watford, Luton, Wimbledon, Middlesboro, Norwich, Ipswich, Blackburn, Oldham, Barnsley, Cardiff, Birmingham, Hull City, Sunderland, Charlton, Bradford City, Blackpool, Swansea and Reading have all arrived in the Premier League over the last 20 odd years, and none of them have been ridiculed, belittled, criticised and misrepresented in the way that Sheffield United does.
And people think there isn't some agenda somewhere amongst these fucking pricks.
Fuck them, and I hope Wilder has the chance to slyly take the piss out of the stupid twats

Not a huge amount of evidence? 2 of the 3 who went up came back down last season. If I could be bothered to look back they'll be plenty more examples.

For the record, I think we'll be ok. But it's likely that we'll struggle. Who knows, there could be just one goal in it again like 2007.

I think stats show that 40% of promoted teams relegated in first season of premiership. Based on that, we statistically more likely to stay up this season...

Back
Top Bottom