Luke Freeman talking on Talksport

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interview with NTT20 podcast team last season:

Whyte: So boys, who should we be looking out for in the Championship this year?
NTT20: Well we like the look of Sheffiel...
Whyte: So Leeds you say?
NTT20: Well yes, Bielsa has the reputation, but we like what Chris Wil....
Whyte: Yes Bielsa really looks like the appointment Leeds fans have been wanting
NTT20: Very true, but back onto Sheff
Whyte: So there you have it folks, Leeds the team to watch out for this season.

I remember when Alan Brazil had Steve Morrison on the show. Brazil asked who Morrison thought would go up and started banging on about Leeds but Morrison said 'Sheffield United are the best side we've played" and Brazil carried on like he'd not heard him once again going on about how good Bielsa was and basically trying to force Morrison into saying Leeds were going up. Morrison said "I think Sheffield United are the best side in the league and will go up" and Brazil just sounded deflated and said something like 'Well I can't see past Leeds"

I remember when Alan Brazil had Steve Morrison on the show. Brazil asked who Morrison thought would go up and started banging on about Leeds but Morrison said 'Sheffield United are the best side we've played" and Brazil carried on like he'd not heard him once again going on about how good Bielsa was and basically trying to force Morrison into saying Leeds were going up. Morrison said "I think Sheffield United are the best side in the league and will go up" and Brazil just sounded deflated and said something like 'Well I can't see past Leeds"

Wonder how many times Alan Brazil (or Jim White) actually watched one of our games last season? I'm going to say zero.

How do they know there’s a good possibility of us being relegated? We haven’t played a game yet. We have the same amount of points as Man City...
They said the same when we went up to the Championship!

They’ll be saying the same when we are in the Champions League next season!

Handles himself well in interviews does Luke. No 'erm', 'yeah you know' and 'definitely' from this lad.

Talksport amounts to;

Morning - Alan Brazil telling you about his career, what wine he drinks & what events/hospitality he has recently been or going to.

Afternoon - Jim White & that fat, slavering cockney trying to outnoise each other.

Evening - Adrian Durham manufacturing controversial opinions which, shock surprise, Darren Gough disagrees with.

The only one I like listening to on this station is Tony Cascarino who seems to give Wilder a fair shake.

I’ve listened to the Freeman interview but have been too busy to report back. He didn’t say anything unusual, just normal stuff really.

The gyst of the interview was

1: Freeman’s dream is to play in the Premier League so he’s really pleased it’s finally happened.

2: He said that Chris Wilder was an attraction and thinks his team will surprise a few people next season.
He really believes we have s good chance of staying up.

3: Also commented that he’s noticed a very special camaraderie amongst the squad and now he knows why we did so well. Said the team spirit is impressive.

4: He likes how we play and thinks our style is a good match for his style. He thinks we wil be fairly attacking next season and not just sit back defending.

Jim White is a Premier league brown nosing cunt, who’s only saving grace is Bob Mills and the occasional appearance of Simon Jordan. He is staunchly adamant that Leeds should be in the Prem and still thinks Marcelo Bielsa is the best thing to happen to English football since 3 points for a win. TalkSPORT is part of the reason I despise the Premier League so much. If say Paul Pogba had a shin pad missing, they’d be chewing on about it from Alan “United” Brazil at 6am all the way through to Andy “United” Goldstein on the late night sports bar. The only TalkSPORT presenters with any journalistic merit are Danny Kelly and Paul Hawksby (who isn’t a journalist).

Jim White is a Premier league brown nosing cunt, who’s only saving grace is Bob Mills and the occasional appearance of Simon Jordan. He is staunchly adamant that Leeds should be in the Prem and still thinks Marcelo Bielsa is the best thing to happen to English football since 3 points for a win. TalkSPORT is part of the reason I despise the Premier League so much. If say Paul Pogba had a shin pad missing, they’d be chewing on about it from Alan “United” Brazil at 6am all the way through to Andy “United” Goldstein on the late night sports bar. The only TalkSPORT presenters with any journalistic merit are Danny Kelly and Paul Hawksby (who isn’t a journalist).

I lost count of the amount of times Frank Lampard moving to Chelsea was a feature on every talksport show for 3 weeks straight. I know there’s not always a lot going on during pre-season but it could have been an opportunity for them to focus on something different, but they stuck with banging on about Lampard on and on.

Unfotunately, similar in a lot of ways to Sky Sports, TalkSport these days is a shadow of its former self. Lower quality presenters even though they're 'bigger names', an advert every 5 mins and sensationalistic at every opportunity.
Brazil is no longer funny especially when he's joined by McCoist, Jim White is thoroughly awful and frustrating to listen to, even when propped up by the far more knowledgeable Mills and Jordan, Durham & Gough are one trick ponies (although I do think Durham is much better on Saturday afternoons) and Golstein & Cundy seemingly only talk about Man Utd and Chelsea and belittle anyone that has a decent opinion to theirs.

Paul Hawksbee, Danny Kelly and rather surprisingly, Nathalie Sawyer are the only presenters worth listening to.

As a result I tune-in far less than I used to.

Last edited:

I forgot about Simon Jordan.

He is refreshing to listen to. Comes across very well, doesn't shy away from sharing his honest opinions that could incite problems for him. For example, Jim White threw Simon Jordan an on-air hospital ball a few weeks ago by asking him his opinion on the Women's World Cup; he politely said there is a gulf in standard to the men's game therefore hasn't bought in. Queue moral-rage from fat slavering Cockney (Bob Mills?) And Jim White but he managed to eloquently silence both of them.

He also ran rings around the ex PFA Chairman during an on-air spat. Brilliant bit of live, unscripted radio.

If we actually start well and upset a few teams, the utter shock and bewilderment that will pervade across the football media will be palpable. It would stand as testament to lazy journalism that is rife on radio stations like TalkSPORT.

According to Jim White "The Premier League needs Leeds United" April 2019

No, Jim, it doesn't. Actually, the Championship needs Leeds United far more than the Premeir League.

Just what the Premier League needs... a set of fans singing Jimmy Saville songs.

:tumbleweed:

If we actually start well and upset a few teams, the utter shock and bewilderment that will pervade across the football media will be palpable. It would stand as testament to lazy journalism that is rife on radio stations like TalkSPORT.

We could win our first 5 games scoring 20 goals conceding 2; lazy journalism wouldn't end. I'd envisage;

"Old school, direct, physical football"
"Wilders ragtag bunch of heroes"
"Industrious, well organised"

It's something I am getting my head around recently (in my professional life) that people are ignorant and shall believe what they want to believe; even if evidence & statistics differ, anecdotal evidence fits better if it pushes an agenda.

To be fair to Jim white ( who I can't stand ) the reason he was so far up the arse end of Leeds United at the end of last season is because he was very vocal about spygate and faced the wrath of the thickest most thuggish support in England about it
Think.he tried to make amends for the rest of the season by becoming their never one advocate

"If we actually start well"

Go and shake yer head.

We could win our first 5 games scoring 20 goals conceding 2; lazy journalism wouldn't end. I'd envisage;

"Old school, direct, physical football"
"Wilders ragtag bunch of heroes"
"Industrious, well organised"

It's something I am getting my head around recently (in my professional life) that people are ignorant and shall believe what they want to believe; even if evidence & statistics differ, anecdotal evidence fits better if it pushes an agenda.
Pundits who spent their life battering their brains with a football are not mentally sharp - shock horror, they're simply pandering to the lowest of the 24 hour sports world as theyve been sold the idea thats the only way to remain relevant is to repeat populist crap.

Bournemouth, really.

We're on the brink of signing one of their rrserves in the hope he is our saviour, best have a rethink their mate.

Shall we have a rethink about McGoldrick and Ipswich?
O'Connell and Brentford?
Crainie and Middlesbrough?
Basham and Blackpool?
Norwood and Fulham?
Duffy and Birmingham?
Sharp and Leeds?

Back
Top Bottom