Luke Freeman returns

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NE Blade

Reaction score
Forest haven’t taken up their option of signing him permanently. He could be a big player for us next season. Let’s hope his style is more suited to Slav’s possession based tactics.

He's proven at this level, we signed him on that basis just like Callum Robinson.

I think he did OK for us the few times he got on the pitch, but without playing a dedictaed no.10 he was always going to be a spare part in that system.

Hopefully he comes back in pre-season back to his best in a position that suits him.

All the ‘PlayStation managers’ championed his signing. Hopefully he just needs a pre-season like so many before him!
I was delighted when we signed him, not because of playing FIFA, but because everytime I saw him play either live or on TV, he really impressed me....

... until he joined us of course

Very surprised at the negative reaction to loaning him out. He went to Forest in need of a hernia op. Terrible signing for the scabs as he broke down pretty much straight away. We did a job on them and no mistake. Many parallels with our Will Hoskins signing.

Another one of Wilder's baffling decisions was to let him leave for the season on loan.

Very glad to see him back and hope he gets a chance with us at this level.
In Wilders defence, the Forest fans say he was lazy, injured, overweight, injured, useless and injured.

He was decent deputising when Fleck was injured, tbf, early doors in 2019/20. And plenty felt he was unlucky to lose the shirt at the time, when our Scottish hero was fit again. He was playing in an alien position, too, left side MF, and still did well in those few games at PL-level.

Lots of water under the proverbial since then, of course, and he’s not flourished at Forest. Though there could be many reasons for that.

If he wants it enough, and if he can get properly fit again, and if Slavo fancies him, and if he’s played in the right position, his record says he has proper pedigree at Champ level and might be a major force for us next season.

Lots of “ifs” there. Fingers crossed. GLTTL.

Last edited:
All the play station managers wouldn’t have signed a number 10 and then decided to not bother playing a formation with a number 10.

Exactly this, when he signed, he seemed to be a decent replacement for Duffy.

I’m still puzzled why Wilder didn’t try the number 10 role, especially against the poorer sides.

Exactly this, when he signed, he seemed to be a decent replacement for Duffy.

I’m still puzzled why Wilder didn’t try the number 10 role, especially against the poorer sides.

There were games even this season a player like Freeman would really have helped us. Relying on Didsy to run his bollocks off as a striker, then drop to in to the 10 role during 90's minutes and asking him to do it two games a week is a piss take.

I'd love to know the reason Wilder sent Freeman out.

Seems to be overweight and always injured.

Another immobile midfielder who rarely can put together a solid 45 mins let alone a full game or run of games. We've already got a few of them!

Given a chance in the Premier League and did not work out (due to form of others) and then dropped a division and could not get in a side near the bottom of the league.

Another big money signing that has made no impact sadly.

Be amazed if he is anywhere near the starting line up in August.

United will look to pay him off or send him out on loan again for the final year of his deal I feel.

Yes I agree, Wilder never gave him a chance. Hopefully now he's had the hernia op, he might come good.

By the sounds of it, he is a player that really does need a "proper pre-season". To get fit and show Slav he still has it at Championship level.

Back
Top Bottom