CONFIRMED Louie Marsh signs a new contract and loaned to Doncaster Rovers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
Scored another 2 again today. Can't say I've seen much of him, so what type of player is he? Seems very promising. Another Lankshear?

Scored another 2 again today. Can't say I've seen much of him, so what type of player is he? Seems very promising. Another Lankshear?
He's scoring plenty now. From the little bits I saw of him last season I thought he was more of a David Brooks type. Ball_Sup (Phil) will have seen much more of him.

Don't regard myself as qualified to comment but what I will say is that Lankshear moving on has really opened the door for this lad to take his chance.

Lankshear I think is 18 months younger and though it appeared he would be fast tracked ahead of Marsh, you can't deny Marsh has repaid the faith in him.

If I'm not wrong I believe he has double figures for the season now at U21 level. The last one who was knocking them in like that is now at the World Cup! He's only 19 in October and at 1.86m, he's a decent height too.

No need to start talking about first team yet but we've had a good conveyor belt in N'Diaye, Jebbison, Osula, Marsh, not to mention Lankshear who we had to let go.

Only making general/loose comparisons with some Blades (Ex-)players, as to how I would try to describe his style/performances based on the few occasions I have seen him play!.
Very much a Brooks-Type player when played deep/midfield!. Comfortable with the ball at his feet, likes to run with the ball and take players on/get to the bye-line. Does the basics well!, ie, reads game/situations well. A willing runner who finds space/offers himself up and supports his teammates. Looks to have a 'good engine'! and really pacy at times.
Round the box/further forward - good close ball control, drops off his marker and likes to nip in around the back of the area/defence (ala Billy!). Times his runs on goal well.

IMO, the fact that he has been moved up to the U23's, speaks for itself!.
He's a 'work-in-progress' not Messi/Ronaldo! (Yet! 🤞), still has plenty to work on!, crossing, ball distribution but he's an 18yr old showing promise, let's hope he fulfills that promise!.
UTB

He's a 'work-in-progress' not Messi/Ronaldo! (Yet! 🤞), still has plenty to work on!, crossing, ball distribution but he's an 18yr old showing promise, let's hope he fulfills that promise!.
UTB
He's 19 pal. He's playing for his age group (U21s).

He hasn't been "moved up" anywhere. He's too old to play u18s, so he's only eligible for our u21s or first team anyway (we don't have an u23 team)

Know absolutely nothing about him but his name but he sounds like a modern day Billy Sharp

Clearly wasn't going to get any minutes today - the u21s could have done with him yesterday!

The lad is nearing a sniff now surely, even i a late sub cameo as a reward for his efforts.

What is that? I make it 7 in his last 6 competitive league fixtures! A goal in every game!.... Not got exacta, but he's got to be on about 15 goals for the season so far as well?

I said it at the beginning of the season, this lad really excites me....and I think he has the confidence and ability to step into the first team and replicate it.

Looks like a real player coming through but not yet.
Maybe next season ! He's had a growth spurt from what I can see so outgrown his strengths .
Very lightweight at the moment ! He will fill out given time. To play him now won't do him or us a favours. He would get bullied not saying he can't cope with that just leave him till next season ,will help his development.
The coaching staff will know when he's ready which his unlikely to happen this season.

Maybe next season ! He's had a growth spurt from what I can see so outgrown his strengths .
Very lightweight at the moment ! He will fill out given time. To play him now won't do him or us a favours. He would get bullied not saying he can't cope with that just leave him till next season ,will help his development.
The coaching staff will know when he's ready which his unlikely to happen this season.

I see where you are coming from, but in the form that he is in at the minute...perhaps a cameo would be the right addition to his development? Give him a sniff of what he is working towards?

Jebbo and Osula are both of the same age and I remember a lad making his debut in an oversized shirt at 18 years old... he's on the books at the minute and wears the armband.

Strike whilst the poker is hot and reward his achievements this season. There is bound to be a game where he can slot in for the final 15 minutes and then take it from there.

Osula and Jebbo will be snapping up the chances to play before him. And that's with Sharp, Mcburnie and Ndiaye ahead in the pecking order. Unless we are up and resting players for the fa cup I hope we don't see him! Nothing against him but would mean some injury issue!

The unders is a huge step to the main game. Does anyone know who the other player was who we tried to get registered for the other night by the way? Hecky mentioned it but never said a name.

Anyhow, it's a massive step up. I've not seen the lad, his scoring rate sounds good. Diego was smacking them every week, sad what happened to him really.

The unders is a huge step to the main game. Does anyone know who the other player was who we tried to get registered for the other night by the way? Hecky mentioned it but never said a name.

Anyhow, it's a massive step up. I've not seen the lad, his scoring rate sounds good. Diego was smacking them every week, sad what happened to him really.
Miguel Freckleton

You are right he needs to get stronger. However, Hecky did want to bring him on a while ago, but then he had to make other changes.

He lacks the physique of Jebbison and Osula, but in terms of technique Marsh is far better.

You are right he needs to get stronger. However, Hecky did want to bring him on a while ago, but then he had to make other changes.

He lacks the physique of Jebbison and Osula, but in terms of technique Marsh is far better.
Let's be honest, Marsh only in the bench because of injuries but he's really come on as a player this season.

We've certainly got some talented lads I'm the academy, we just need to hold onto them.

Lankshear was the one who got away. Apparently those inside the club believe he's going to be an even better player than Ndiaye. He would have been our first choice striker within the next two years.

Will be interesting to see how he develops at Spurs. Unfortunately for him he's recently sustained a nasty knee injury and is out for the season.

Hes definitely ‘sniffing’ my mates daughter, hes a wendy and not too happy about it 🤣

If that's the case, someone needs to inform him that he's supposed to put his penis down there, not his nose. Lest he get a reputation for being a bit weird with the ladies.

No problem throwing him in IF we get an injury crisis up front

But right now is crunch time of the season... not the right time to experiment with new strikers who are unproven.

Having seen him live 4 times now I think the Brooks comparison is the closest, he has good feet and a natural instinct for creating space, a 'good football brain'.
In my opinion he is not ready for the Championship, but some players develop very quickly at that age.
If he keeps progressing at his current rate for another 12 months and we have a good squad player there I think.
I am no great judge, just an opinion and an interest in watching the development team a few times a season. At times Andre Brooks looked fantastic a year ago, then didn't seem to progress and I would have said he wasn't ready to step up - but I thought he was great on Wednesday night.
I also thought Seriki was as good, if not better, than N'Diaye and Jebbison a couple of years ago. So what do I know?
It is very difficult to see consistent development and performances with kids that age.
I trust completely the management team - they have pretty much got it spot on so far.
We seem to be able to keep producing really decent players though.

Back
Top Bottom