Kicking it High and Hard - Everton Game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rudders

Enjoining agressivity
Reaction score
I see that Everton are on the brink of signing a new £30M striker. 6 foot 4 player. (Ignoring FFP)
I do worry having conceded 4 headed goals already this season that we are not addressing this obvious glaring defensive weakness. We have 2/3 small centre backs (1 of which is very small by PL centre back standards). None outstanding in the air.
I heard loads of supporters saying things today like 'if we play like that we will beat Everton' outside the ground after the game.
No we won't if we can't defend headers properly.
Presume we are waiting for an injury at CB before we try the most expensive defender in the clubs history?
Thoughts?!
Seems a very obvious blind spot in the current management teams thinking.
Get a big, physical CB in there. Otherwise we are going to get bullied next week and throughout the season.

Try stopping crosses coming in instead of watching and leg waving, that should help.

I wish we’d have kicked it a bit higher and harder yesterday instead of finding their feet or chest with every forward pass in the first hour of the game.

We didn’t turn their defenders around once until later in the game. I really wanted us to go % into in the channels and see if they could deal with it a bit earlier.

I see that Everton are on the brink of signing a new £30M striker. 6 foot 4 player. (Ignoring FFP)
I do worry having conceded 4 headed goals already this season that we are not addressing this obvious glaring defensive weakness. We have 2/3 small centre backs (1 of which is very small by PL centre back standards). None outstanding in the air.
I heard loads of supporters saying things today like 'if we play like that we will beat Everton' outside the ground after the game.
No we won't if we can't defend headers properly.
Presume we are waiting for an injury at CB before we try the most expensive defender in the clubs history?
Thoughts?!
Seems a very obvious blind spot in the current management teams thinking.
Get a big, physical CB in there. Otherwise we are going to get bullied next week and throughout the season.
Agree Everton have had 40 attempts on goal in 3 games - and tbh they were the better team against Fulham and Wolves
So play like yesterday against them would be very risky as organised as we were yesterday we rode ( made ) our luck and some good saves on another day City would have scored 5

Back
Top Bottom