LMA Awards – Wilder wins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just spent the last 30 minutes arguing with two Norwich fans. One who thinks there is a xenophobic conspiracy to why Farke didn't win (and bizarrely blames Big Sam for Wilder winning) and one who says Wilder has failed whether he's gone other than us. He also added that Farke had a harder job when he took over at Norwich than Wilder did taking over at United.

I used to be cool me.
i hope you knocked the bastards out mate.

All the Norwich fans kissing farke's arse are presumably the same ones that hounded out Lambert after he got them back to back promotions to the premier league.

And it'll be the same this season if they are in the bottom 3 come Christmas.

I don't know if you're aware but it is actually possible to "love Europe" and not the EU. Also possible to wear an England shirt (as millions did last Summer) and not be in the EDL. It's not even a very EDL thing. They prefer the 'casual' look which is sported by a great many Blades, do you also avoid Stone Island and Fred Perry?

I'd put these kind of daft virtue signalling statements of yours in the same category of pseudo-radical liberal identity politics that produces the Wilder is racist nonsense.

There's nowt wrong with pride in your community,be that Sheff, Yorkshire or England. And there's nowt wrong with wanting out of the undemocratic, lobbyist paradise that is the capitalist cabal known as the EU.

Just saying.
Labour might finally realise in a couple of weeks that most of the Eurosceptics were former Labour voters (like me). the meltdown is going to be spectacular. enjoy the ride ;)

I think the LMA gave Dave Bassett a special award for his achievements in the second half of that season. I don't think he was the overall winner.

I googled a list last night but it only went back to 1992. My initial thought was is it the typical football started with the PL mentality, or did this actual award start then?

Surely the final word is on their head to head record?

Sheffield United 0-1 Norwich City: Wilder 0-1 Farke
Norwich City 1-2 Sheffield United: Wilder 1-1 Farke
Sheffield United 2-1 Norwich City: Wilder 2-1 Farke
Norwich City 2-2 Sheffield United: Wilder 2-1 Farke

I think the LMA gave Dave Bassett a special award for his achievements in the second half of that season. I don't think he was the overall winner.

I googled a list last night but it only went back to 1992. My initial thought was is it the typical football started with the PL mentality, or did this actual award start then?

1993 (I.e end of 92/93 season) was the first year of the awards – it was also the first year of the LMA itself. Ferguson won manager of the year. Bassett either won a different LMA award, or a different award entirely.
http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/manager-of-the-year/

All the Norwich fans kissing farke's arse are presumably the same ones that hounded out Lambert after he got them back to back promotions to the premier league.

And it'll be the same this season if they are in the bottom 3 come Christmas.
What I find funny is that this is actually voted for by other managers. That includes the furreners.

Is there any way to find out who Bruce voted for? That'll get them going on porktalk if he voted for sir Chris. Another example of their "class" no doubt

it's not necessarily just an award for this season, it's for the entire remarkable job he's done with us.
This is where the award is won (IMO) and not forgetting Wilder's Lg 2 Champions, Northampton in 2016 giving him 2 seasons as Champions and one as runner up in 4 seasons.

This is where the award is won (IMO) and not forgetting Wilder's Lg 2 Champions, Northampton in 2016 giving him 2 seasons as Champions and one as runner up in 4 seasons.

And probably his entire career journey of Sunday League to Premier League.

Add in all his previous to this season and he really couldn't deserve it any more.

Not sure how true it is but people are claiming Farke, Bielsa, Pep and Klopp all voted for Wilder. I imagine Bielsa definitely will have.

i can't understand what the Norwich fans are moaning about. their team gave the most impressive display of 'shithousery' i've ever seen and i've seen the 70's Leeds team

Love how the Norwich fans are claiming Farke should win because he took the club to the title from finishing 14th the previous season, when they were shit.

They do know that he was also in charge for that season as well right? I'm not sure they fully grasp that that counts against him, not for.

Delighted for Wilder, just reward for the hard work.

Farke, yes you could argue he has a claim, not really sure why anyone would think Bielsa has more of a claim than Wilder.

As for Pep And Klopp, Pep has done what you should expect to do with a budget like that, and Klopp has done what should be the minimum expectation of a Liverpool manager in my view.

So to sum up, Wilder won, fucking suck it up.

This is voted on by the managers of the 92 league clubs right?

Is it any wonder he's won really. The managers of these 72 clubs outside the Prem have spent every week of the last 5/6 years witnessing their teams getting absolutely shit on from a great height by Wilder's sides. Of course they voted for him.

Caveat: somewhere out there is a Walsall manager wondering what the fuss is all about.

Delighted for Wilder, just reward for the hard work.

Farke, yes you could argue he has a claim, not really sure why anyone would think Bielsa has more of a claim than Wilder.

As for Pep And Klopp, Pep has done what you should expect to do with a budget like that, and Klopp has done what should be the minimum expectation of a Liverpool manager in my view.

So to sum up, Wilder won, fucking suck it up.
And he deserves it all day long UP THE TOWN, UTB

Cup final day and watching City stroll to victory and pull off the treble for the first time ever but Wilder is the man.

Well done Chris, winning the award in these circumstances makes the win even better.

Most clubs in the top 2 divisions don’t employ a manager anymore, they use the continental model of employing a “head coach`’.

It does make you wonder how Wilder would feel if another club offered him a big pay rise but took part of his job away, by explaining that he will have little involvement in club signings and would just coach.

Dunno. Ask Brighton. :D

Serious point. Some players have ridiculous 'release clauses' which the purchasing club must pay. Griezmann is going to Barcelona and Barca must pay £105m. Good as he is, did Griezmann have such a significant effect on Atletico's future? Now Potter is off to Brighton for just a £3m release clause. Granted, he's not been at Swansea for long, but would it not be wise to slap a release clause of at least £10m on CW? Even that is peanuts - the price of a very average player - but as recognition of all CW has achieved (throughout his managerial career and especially at United). How would we ever replace Team Wilder?
1993 (I.e end of 92/93 season) was the first year of the awards – it was also the first year of the LMA itself. Ferguson won manager of the year. Bassett either won a different LMA award, or a different award entirely.
http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/manager-of-the-year/

Second serious point (not bad for a Sunday morning...), was Wilder's recent LMA award THE 'Manager of the Year'? Or must we wait for the end of the season before a monkey-suited Lineker can waste 3 hours of everybody's life on a Sunday evening and give the 'proper' one to Guardiola?

Second serious point (not bad for a Sunday morning...), was Wilder's recent LMA award THE 'Manager of the Year'? Or must we wait for the end of the season before a monkey-suited Lineker can waste 3 hours of everybody's life on a Sunday evening and give the 'proper' one to Guardiola?

It’s THE manager of the year. Obviously the EFL awards don’t include the Premier League. The PFA and LMA awards are the only awards that take into account all four of the main divisions, and which are voted on by the peers of the players & managers respectively.

It’s THE manager of the year. Obviously the EFL awards don’t include the Premier League. The PFA and LMA awards are the only awards that take into account all four of the main divisions, and which are voted on by the peers of the players & managers respectively.

Thanks for that. Has the PFA (for Manager of the Year) been decided? And does PFA take precedent over LMA?

Back
Top Bottom