LMA Awards – Wilder wins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So to sum up:

- Norwich fans think English managers should be excluded from winning the manager of the year award in the English league due to xenophobia. Xenophobia being a bias against people from a particular country o_O

- Norwich- IE; Norwich in NORFOLK, has apparently overnight become a metropolitan, multi-cultural hotbed of international integration.

- Even Howard Wilkinson AKA Old Grandpa Pig has fully endorsed Chris Wilder for his award. That will go down well in certain quarters, I’m sure.

Chris Wilder: Pissing off twats for fun since 2016

Do you know what, I've just been on twatter and fuck me, it's boiling my piss.

I'm about as lefty liberal as it gets, I love Europe, voted remain, won't wear an England shirt because of groups like the EDL's penchant for it etc but if I see anyone else saying it's racist or xenophobic for an English manager to buy from an underused pool of British and Irish players, a market he knows, and encourage his fellow British managers to believe in themselves I'm going to dress up as St George, go to Norwich and have a massive shit on Daniel Farke's car/horse.

Also if I see one more Leeds fan complain that Wilder isn't classy, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

This is LEEDS UNITED, talking about class. Fuck me.

Unless something has changed and there's now a master of etiquette at Elland Road and they don't let you in unless you've brought the correct silverware to eat your Pukka Lobster Thermidor with, Leeds are probably the least classy club in Britain.

The astonishing irony of Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday fans talking about class, and shithouse kings Norwich City, the football club that has only just started playing football. If they'd started last year instead of falling over and laying on the ball for 45 minutes a match they might have gone up last season.

Last edited:

All right lads, let's not get too excited. CW's award was only voted for by all the football managers - and what do they know? The real award - Manager of the Year - will be decided by establishment arsewipes liike Lineker and Shearer, backed up by lickspittles like Danny Murphy, Jenas and Crooks. Pep or Klopp? Wilder won't get a look in.

Cant wait for the next time England have a shit result and all these idiots saying we are “xenophobic” or “racist” for only having UK/Irish lads are complaining about how crap they are because English players never get a chance.

Just spent the last 30 minutes arguing with two Norwich fans. One who thinks there is a xenophobic conspiracy to why Farke didn't win (and bizarrely blames Big Sam for Wilder winning) and one who says Wilder has failed whether he's gone other than us. He also added that Farke had a harder job when he took over at Norwich than Wilder did taking over at United.

I was in Rome on 25/5/77 when Liverpool won the European Cup. All 16 Liverpool players (including the five subs) were English with only Joey Jones (Welsh) and Steve Heighway (Oirish) the exceptions.

Racist xenophobe, that Bob Paisley. (15 out of Monchengladbach's 16 squad were Jerrmanns...)

All right lads, let's not get too excited. CW's award was only voted for by all the football managers - and what do they know? The real award - Manager of the Year - will be decided by establishment arsewipes liike Lineker and Shearer, backed up by lickspittles like Danny Murphy, Jenas and Crooks. Pep or Klopp? Wilder won't get a look in.

I was in Rome on 25/5/77 when Liverpool won the European Cup. All 16 Liverpool players (including the five subs) were English with only Joey Jones (Welsh) and Steve Heighway (Oirish) the exceptions.

Racist xenophobe, that Bob Paisley. (15 out of Monchengladbach's 16 squad were Jerrmanns...)

Good point but in 1977 maybe there weren't that many foreign players across here.

I think it started the year after in 1978 and I blame the club for setting up the transfer of those two Argentinians to Tottenham.

Congratulations to Chris Wilder. The journey we've been on since his arrival seems like a dream and I keep thinking I'm about to wake up.

Meanwhile over in Courtroom number 1.......

I'm about as lefty liberal as it gets, I love Europe, voted remain, won't wear an England shirt because of groups like the EDL's penchant for it etc but if I see anyone else saying it's racist or xenophobic for an English manager to buy from an underused pool of British and Irish players, a market he knows, and encourage his fellow British managers to believe in themselves I'm going to dress up as St George, go to Norwich and have a massive shit on Daniel Farke's car/horse.

Also if I see one more Leeds fan complain that Wilder isn't classy, I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Unless something has changed and there's now a master of etiquette at Elland Road and they don't let you in unless you've brought the correct silverware to eat your Pukka Lobster Thermidor with, Leeds are probably the least classy club in Britain.

The astonishing irony of Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday fans talking about class, and shithouse kings Norwich City, the football club that has only just started playing football. If they'd started last year instead of falling over and laying on the ball for 45 minutes a match they might have gone up last season.
I really wish I could like this more than once, got a reyt laugh out of that, Pukka Lobster Thermidor :D

That’s made my morning – very well put indeed.

I don't know if you're aware but it is actually possible to "love Europe" and not the EU. Also possible to wear an England shirt (as millions did last Summer) and not be in the EDL. It's not even a very EDL thing. They prefer the 'casual' look which is sported by a great many Blades, do you also avoid Stone Island and Fred Perry?

I'd put these kind of daft virtue signalling statements of yours in the same category of pseudo-radical liberal identity politics that produces the Wilder is racist nonsense.

There's nowt wrong with pride in your community,be that Sheff, Yorkshire or England. And there's nowt wrong with wanting out of the undemocratic, lobbyist paradise that is the capitalist cabal known as the EU.

Just saying.

Holiday, he's been to enough swanky do's lately, he needs to get some players signed before playoff finals decided.

Why do Norwich fans have such trouble realising that there is little special about the Farke story? Literally a case of 'yo-yo club gets promoted to Premier League' again. You'd think given that they did a League One to Premier League assault years back they'd get why the Wilder story and its culmination this season is worthy of accolade.

RE: the xenophobia being shouted by Norwich fans. Doesn’t Norfolk have quite strong UKIP support. Maybe I’m thinking of Lincolnshire.

Anyway, fuck the lot of them - Chrissy Wilder is a genius and the media love him. Daniel Farke is an absolute bore, similar to his teams supporters.

It is excellent to see Chris win both these awards. For a long time we were saying that his achievements were not being fully recognised, but how that has now changed. He deserves all the success he gets, both with United and whoever with afterwards (I'm not trying not to think of a post-Wilder era).

RE: the xenophobia being shouted by Norwich fans. Doesn’t Norfolk have quite strong UKIP support. Maybe I’m thinking of Lincolnshire.

Anyway, fuck the lot of them - Chrissy Wilder is a genius and the media love him. Daniel Farke is an absolute bore, similar to his teams supporters.
Done a quick search and at the last census, Norwich's second largest nationality, after English, was Scottish at 1.3% of the population. Very multicultural.

I don't know if you're aware but it is actually possible to "love Europe" and not the EU. Also possible to wear an England shirt (as millions did last Summer) and not be in the EDL. It's not even a very EDL thing. They prefer the 'casual' look which is sported by a great many Blades, do you also avoid Stone Island and Fred Perry?

I'd put these kind of daft virtue signalling statements of yours in the same category of pseudo-radical liberal identity politics that produces the Wilder is racist nonsense.

There's nowt wrong with pride in your community,be that Sheff, Yorkshire or England. And there's nowt wrong with wanting out of the undemocratic, lobbyist paradise that is the capitalist cabal known as the EU.

Just saying.

Bore off mate.

It’s simple: Chris Wilder explained it all on Football Focus. He manages the club from top to bottom. HE decides which player gets signed for SUFC, nobody else. His decision making on players isn’t perfect but it is definitely in the 90%+ bracket on successful signings. He wouldn’t care if they were pink with yellow spots on them! They have to be totally dedicated to his footballing philosophy or they are shown the door. I don’t care if Chris is a ‘throw back’ to a more traditional management style as long as we are achieving the success he has brought to the club.
His honesty is so refreshing to see, and his down to earth approach is brilliant and there is no doubt in my mind that the shower over at S6 are insanely jealous that we have finally got top side of them big time.

Reactions: MKY
It’s simple: Chris Wilder explained it all on Football Focus. He manages the club from top to bottom. HE decides which player gets signed for SUFC, nobody else.

Farke of course is Head Coach of Norwich, rather than manager – he works with a sporting director (Director of Football 2.0)

Just as us winning promotion was the right thing for English football, Wilder winning this award is the right thing for English football and British managers. It's quite inspirational and will lead to clubs giving more guys like him a chance.

It's also obvious to anyone with a neutral bone in their body that he deserves it over Farke.

And it's not necessarily just an award for this season, it's for the entire remarkable job he's done with us.

Just saying.

Not saying it's not, I was talking about myself, hence the "I'm", everyone else can do/believe what they like.

And yes I do avoid Fred Perry and Stone Island because I'm not a chav/middleaged man that lives in a Wetherspoons :)

I like being a Yorkshireman.

Last edited:
Farke of course is Head Coach of Norwich, rather than manager – he works with a sporting director (Director of Football 2.0)

Most clubs in the top 2 divisions don’t employ a manager anymore, they use the continental model of employing a “head coach`’.

It does make you wonder how Wilder would feel if another club offered him a big pay rise
But took part of his job away, by explaining that he will have little involvement in club signings and would just coach.

Just saying.

Thanks for writing that. You saved me, a Llfelong Labour member and Eurosceptic (only the EU mind!) a fair bit of time.

Most clubs in the top 2 divisions don’t employ a manager anymore, they use the continental of employing a “head coach`’.

It does make you wonder how Wilder would feel if another club offered him a big pay rise
But took part of his job away, by explaining that he will have little involvement in club signings and just be a coach.

United have made moves in that direction. The transfer committee was set up during Clough's time and continues to this day. The Van Winkel incident perhaps shows Wilder's red line that can't be crossed..

I’ve seen quite a few Norwich comments of “Sheffield United were tips for promotion, we weren’t.”

Odds for promotion from August last year:
  • Stoke 13/8
  • Middlesbrough 11/4
  • West Brom 11/4
  • Nottingham Forest 10/3
  • Leeds 7/2
  • Swansea 7/2
  • Aston Villa 9/2
  • Brentford 9/2
  • Derby 9/2
  • Norwich 7/1
  • Bristol City 15/2
  • Preston 8/1
  • Sheffield United 8/1
  • Sheffield Wednesday 8/1
  • Wigan 10/1

Just saying.
When is the next vote on WTO rules?

Back
Top Bottom