Match Thread Liverpool v. Sheffield United - 24th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LIV
LIV
LIV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603394535083.png v. 1603394546915.png
EPL Week 6 - Saturday 24th October 2020 - Anfield

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/liverpool-vs-sheffield-united.514/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 20.24.38.png

Also available via Sky Sports Box Office:

How to access Sky Sports Box Office​

Sky (Channel 492): Sign up for a Sky Sports Box Office account here. Here you can book your events, then you must make a choice: purchase the event or match for viewing on TV via your set top box or opt for a streaming version - available via computer, mobile and tablet devices - you can not order both options.
Virgin Media: Use your TiVo box to go directly to the box office event list: Home to On Demand to Live Events.
BT (Channel 496): Go directly to this channel and expect the fee to be added to your bill - you cannot order from Sky as a BT customer.

The non pen on Burge was far more a legitimate pen than the joke that var gave us. Thought Osborn was also pushed in the back near the end of the half that would probably have been a pen if he’d gone down.

Zero service to Brewster unfortunately. Also thought we should have taken on the shot when it good positions numerous times but pissed around and they ended up breaking on us.

Great strike from Ozzie, might have hit it at the keeper but fantastic contact and got it on target, that lad's a find

I may have missed it but have they changed the handball rule since the start of the season?

Brewster obviously has to get up to speed, his first PL start so no fireworks expected from me. Give him 10-15 then bring Burke on I reckon. Need to keep Fabinho and Gomez guessing a bit, if we bring McG on it invites them up the pitch.

Tbf the stride before it hit his hand his hand was in the same position. Great half by us Ampadu superb so far.

The non pen on Burge was far more a legitimate pen than the joke that var gave us. Thought Osborn was also pushed in the back near the end of the half that would probably have been a pen if he’d gone down.

Zero service to Brewster unfortunately. Also thought we should have taken on the shot when it good positions numerous times but pissed around and they ended up breaking on us.

Brewster hasn’t seem to be finding any space but the way we’re playing it wouldn’t suit anyway.
Still, three top class defenders and Gomes.....

45 mins

Post update​

Liverpool 1-1 Sheffield United
It's exhausting just watching the effort being put in by the visitors as they shut down and harry Liverpool. Ethan Ampadu is having a very good game in midfield by the way, we've seen more of him in the back three so far this season.
Source BBC Sport

I don't think there have been any penalties
Their goal was offside (Firminio offside when Mane heads it, just)
Both defences have been laughably bad.

Nothing expected from this game so I hope we just keep going at em, it’s not a 6 pointer like Fulham.

Loads on twitter moaning about the penalty decisio, without taking into account the other two penalties we weren’t given. Same sort of people that if it was the other way round would have been shouting “stonewall”. Every other fucker in this division goes down on the edge of the box and chucks themselves about, bout time I say! even if we don’t get a result. UTB!

Great strike from Ozzie, might have hit it at the keeper but fantastic contact and got it on target, that lad's a find
I think with those you concentrate on hitting it well...and then hope for the best. It was a beauty of a volley though.

According to the BBC site, this was the first penalty that Liveerpool have had against them at Anfield for over two years.

If that is true, then draw your own conclusions

A semi decent half, decent off the ball but have been a little wasteful at times with it. Considering its liverpool im happy. We were lucky with the pen, very lucky, but we have had enough go against us so fuck it. We have managed to nullify Liv which is good. Ampadu looks calm and composed on the ball happy to play the ball out instead of lumping it long which is refreshing. Brewsters touch has been a bit rusty but he will need 4/5 games at least to get rid of that. Mcburnie despite fluffing a sitter has been really good at linking play!

Brewster
Brewster obviously has to get up to speed, his first PL start so no fireworks expected from me. Give him 10-15 then bring Burke on I reckon. Need to keep Fabinho and Gomez guessing a bit, if we bring McG on it invites them up the pitch.
I agree he looked a little lost first half,he gave the ball way too easy at times

According to the BBC site, this was the first penalty that Liveerpool have had against them at Anfield for over two years.

If that is true, then draw your own conclusions
A penalty at Anfield is like winning the f*cking lottery..

Well we've already played better than I expected so even if it's a defeat ultimately, I hope we can take some confidence

I'm guessing brewster is one of those players who does nothing all game but smashes it in if he gets a chance cos he's done absolutely fuck all tonight

Back
Top Bottom