Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Exactly Retford, we supposedly had a 20m budget, got around 20m for Ndiaye and if we get 12m for Berge that's approx 50m. We haven't spent more than 10m yet so thst leaves 40m.

I think things could turn ugly pretty quickly if we don't spend this money on new players
I mean only positive explanation is that some other money is tied up for transfers/loans we don't know about

Wages, agents fees etc.

Well that's as maybe, but we have just been promoted to the PL with an income of £120m this season (yes I know about the well discussed outgoings) and then sold our best player for £19m. We have spent about £10m so far. We should not be having to sell another player for around £12m plus to finance a couple of players for around £20m.

Midfield
O'Brien (Osborn / Fleck)
Souza (Norwood)
Hamer (Slimane)

Second Striker
Akpom (Traore)

CF
McBurnie (Jebbison / Osula).

Still whiffs of relegation but it would be a good start and provide a platform for next season as a minimum.
Also, still leaves the two domestic loan spots open where I'd target a quality CF (Archer) and an AM (Palmer, McAtee, Chukwuemeka etc..)

Need to make some of these moves quickly to avoid players dismissing the chance of coming here.

Do I trust the Prince to make it happen though?
No.

We probably need to relent on our absolute insistence on the relegation wage drops

Just insert reasonable release clauses instead

And if we don't or can't sell them in this event..... well, just accept that you have an excellent player for the championship, accept the expense, sell the odd player to help pay for it and maybe run a smaller squad

Paying the odd player a big wage in the championship isn't ruinous. I'd just draw the line at anything above 50k p/w
I give you exhibit no 1 Rhian Brewster

Would be a good signing.

Would hope it’s a permanent don’t need to loan players who are his age.

Would be a top signing and compliment Blaster and Hamer nicely, however I don’t think we should get too hung up over this one.

Forest seem like they’d be more inclined to fuck his career over again with a nothing loan abroad than help us out in any way at all.

Would be a top signing and compliment Blaster and Hamer nicely, however I don’t think we should get too hung up over this one.

Forest seem like they’d be more inclined to fuck his career over again with a nothing loan abroad than help us out in any way at all.
He’s on loan at Boro… not sure about a loan abroad.

He’s on loan at Boro… not sure about a loan abroad.

When we were in for him previously Forest messed about to the point where a deal wasn’t done before the transfer window shut. He ended up going to DC United instead as he had no other options

If we must insist on a loan then I'd much rather just sign Mowatt on a free instead. Better technical player anyway

O'Brien on a permanent would be ideal. A better player than Mowatt. Bringing closer to home and giving him a settled place in the side is probably just what the lad needs. He could prove to be a very handy player for us next season. Thumbs up for this from me.

O'Brien on a permanent would be ideal. A better player than Mowatt. Bringing closer to home and giving him a settled place in the side is probably just what the lad needs. He could prove to be a very handy player for us next season. Thumbs up for this from me.
He would be my number 1 choice for the left side role. If not Mowatt.

He runs around a lot and has some quality.

We are currently using Brooks there who is developing for sure but is a way off at the moment. Allowing us to play an actual centre midfielder who knows the position well with experience and a leader would be an excellent first signing for us.

NFFC will stay up thanks too us. Think they will want to offload him.

He should be a solid signing, good player at this level, maybe has another gear in him, versatile, leadership qualities. At worst next Ben Osborn, at best next John Fleck. If we get a decent fee for Souza, would be a good value perm, rather than a loan.

He should be a solid signing, good player at this level, maybe has another gear in him, versatile, leadership qualities. At worst next Ben Osborn, at best next John Fleck. If we get a decent fee for Souza, would be a good value perm, rather than a loan.
He’s Ben Osborn but better on the ball.

O’Brien and Worrall from Forest would be good for us in the Championship.
i think both obrien and worrall will sign for us in the summer worrall could be the on field leader weve so badly lacked this season and obrien would be ideal in a left side of a midfield with arblaster and hamer if we can hang on to those 2

If Hamer does go then this surely would be a deal Wilder will want to do. He's only been on the bench for Boro of late, Carrick has also been coy on whether they'd bring him back. I think if United want him O'Brien would want to come although O'Brien has said he would definitely go back if the offer came from Boro but I also suspect that he would say that if asked because it's the standad thing to say. Even BBD has said similar for us and we all know there's no chance of that!

In terms of Forest not wanting him to join us, surely that only applies when we were in the same league as them, if they stay up I'm sure the'd be happy to loan him to us or sell. It would probably be a loan knowing United but he would be someone we can realistically sign as opposed to recent loan deals where the players were younger and valued at £20m plus, and Doyle was still one of those despite low fee because of the Wolves playing going the other way to City.

O'Brien has had a serious injury though last season, he seems over that now but I think that might put Wilder off a little.

Back
Top Bottom