Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think people are reading too much into what Forest paid for him.
Per previous post, they got him for a knock down price because he was in the last year of his deal.

Forest are a relegation rival. They're not going to do us any favours.

Last edited:

Surely we do a 5m upfront fee, 10m if we stay up.

If we get relegated then he proved to be of little help to us and Forest have sold him with no comeback.

If we stay up then the extra 5m offsets the potential effect on Forest (if there even is any).

If we get relegated then he proved to be of little help to us and Forest have sold him with no comeback.

If we stay up then the extra 5m offsets the potential effect on Forest (if there even is any).

Come on Rocket Man who are we looking at. What have you heard?

Paid 8m for him. Fucked him about for an entire year.

Add on 2m. Righto.

I’d bid 5m, rise to 6m, 7m last offer.

They can always sit with him there paying him and losing value.
That’s the point , they are so wealthy they actually CAN afford to do so if it helps to fuck us up

Realistically, who is interested in signing O’Brien? Us? Who else? A Championship club on loan?

If Forest want to sell him, then they’re going to have to lower their valuation. There isn’t enough interest in him to drive the price up to £10m.

We’re the ones in control here, if Forest want to rip us off or don’t want to sell to a rival, then we’ll just move on to other targets.
Does our preparation for the PL look like we are in control of feckin anything ?

not a bad idea rocket man that sounds a good deal for both clubs i actually rate obrien more than a lot of posters on here seem to he was brilliant at udders in his last season there

Cole Palmer no1 priority for left footer ACM loan.
Apart from that no other updates on what has been said previously.

Akpom versus Tillman (not heard we are out of the race for MT - media says he is off to PSV but unsure if thats confirmed).

Jebbo sale may help us go for both.

Souza gone flat/no movement when it sounded like he would follow Trusty pre Palace. Relegation drop in wages is the issue again. Burnley now in the race for him. (Seen Nickos tweet)

Not heard anything re Berge leaving but wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't surprise me if we line up a new strategy for attacking options as Malik and Akpom seemed to have stalled over the weekend. Still crossing my fingers for Malik.

not a bad idea rocket man that sounds a good deal for both clubs i actually rate obrien more than a lot of posters on here seem to he was brilliant at udders in his last season there
I rate him too and would probably say he's worth around 7m in todays market. So 7m + 3m if we stay up could work.

We probably need to relent on our absolute insistence on the relegation wage drops

Just insert reasonable release clauses instead

And if we don't or can't sell them in this event..... well, just accept that you have an excellent player for the championship, accept the expense, sell the odd player to help pay for it and maybe run a smaller squad

Paying the odd player a big wage in the championship isn't ruinous. I'd just draw the line at anything above 50k p/w

Cole Palmer no1 priority for left footer ACM loan.
Apart from that no other updates on what has been said previously.

Akpom versus Tillman (not heard we are out of the race for MT - media says he is off to PSV but unsure if thats confirmed).

Jebbo sale may help us go for both.

Souza gone flat/no movement when it sounded like he would follow Trusty pre Palace. Relegation drop in wages is the issue again. Burnley now in the race for him. (Seen Nickos tweet)

Not heard anything re Berge leaving but wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't surprise me if we line up a new strategy for attacking options as Malik and Akpom seemed to have stalled over the weekend. Still crossing my fingers for Malik.
Cheers for the update. Re-Souza, once again penny pinching is undoing us. The strategy of not wanting to go against the “norm” for the rest of the squad to get in quality will only end up in us missing out on better players.

Cheers for the update. Re-Souza, once again penny pinching is undoing us. The strategy of not wanting to go against the “norm” for the rest of the squad to get in quality will only end up in us missing out on better players.
Interesting.
By the way, what is the squad 'norm'?
And wasn't that a CW mantra?
Can't say I've heard it used for a while.

Interesting.
By the way, what is the squad 'norm'?
And wasn't that a CW mantra?
Can't say I've heard it used for a while.
I think Hecky mentioned it on RS the other day? Someone at the club definitely has in recent weeks. Squad norm = wage drop upon relegation. Might be OK for likes of Fleck but not for better quality players. I suspect we didnt have these clauses for Brewster and Berge which is behind this policy for new signings this window.

We probably need to relent on our absolute insistence on the relegation wage drops

Just insert reasonable release clauses instead

And if we don't or can't sell them in this event..... well, just accept that you have an excellent player for the championship, accept the expense, sell the odd player to help pay for it and maybe run a smaller squad

Paying the odd player a big wage in the championship isn't ruinous. I'd just draw the line at anything above 50k p/w

What if the player gets injured or he’s shit? We could end up with a player(s) with 3 years on their contract at £30k or £40k p/w in Championship, whilst contributing nothing to the team.

In that scenario we’d be absolutely fucked!

I think people are reading too much into what Forest paid for him.
Per previous post, they got him for a knock down price because he was in the last year of his deal.

Forest are a relegation rival. They're not going to do us any favours.

Neither should we do them any favours by overpaying for a player they don’t want.

No one else is going to pay anything close to £10m, so neither should we.

Fuck Forest! If they aren’t going to accept a fair offer, then let them loan him out to the Championship and pay half his wages.

Neither should we do them any favours by overpaying for a player they don’t want.

Fuck Forest! If they aren’t going to accept a fair offer, then let them loan him out to the Championship and pay half his wages.
Agree! No one will pay that for him, leave him there 10m better spent else where!

Good idea in principle, but we're getting desperate.

I think Hecky mentioned it on RS the other day? Someone at the club definitely has in recent weeks. Squad norm = wage drop upon relegation. Might be OK for likes of Fleck but not for better quality players. I suspect we didnt have these clauses for Brewster and Berge which is behind this policy for new signings this window.
I wonder if the clauses were in for Berge and Brewster, but given our prospects as a top ten side when they signed, they were more willing to take the risk. Whereas if it's true about Doyle and Souza, they are possibly thinking the post-relegation wage will be the one they are most likely to be seeing over their contracts.

I wonder if the clauses were in for Berge and Brewster, but given our prospects as a top ten side when they signed, they were more willing to take the risk. Whereas if it's true about Doyle and Souza, they are possibly thinking the post-relegation wage will be the one they are most likely to be seeing over their contracts.
Berge I believe has no relegation clause in his particular contract. It has now become comm9n knowledge that Brewster came to us for low wages as he just wanted to have the chance to play regularly. Whether he has relegation clause as well we have not been told but if wages are not high maybe that doesn’t matter.

What if the player gets injured or he’s shit? We could end up with a player(s) with 3 years on their contract at £30k or £40k p/w in Championship, whilst contributing nothing to the team.

In that scenario we’d be absolutely fucked!
Just like Brewster

So apparently we have received around £19m for Ndiaye but we need to flog Berge to finance bringing in two players for £20m? Shakes head in bewildering disbelief.

So apparently we have received around £19m for Ndiaye but we need to flog Berge to finance bringing in two players for £20m? Shakes head in bewildering disbelief.

Wages, agents fees etc.

where did the Ndiaye £20 million go if only buy selling Berge £12 million we can afford the (10+8) million of Akpom and O'Brien
Exactly Retford, we supposedly had a 20m budget, got around 20m for Ndiaye and if we get 12m for Berge that's approx 50m. We haven't spent more than 10m yet so thst leaves 40m.

I think things could turn ugly pretty quickly if we don't spend this money on new players

Back
Top Bottom