League One Wes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is Wes in serious danger of being placed alongside Kelly, Tracey, Kenny. His stats with us are phenomenal and to say he was greeted with immense trepidation initially makes his wonderful presence for us even more remarkable
Not taking anything away from Wes, the clean sheet stats also reflect on the players in from of him, who've also been immense.

Not taking anything away from Wes, the clean sheet stats also reflect on the players in from of him, who've also been immense.

I'm thinking about the many worldies he's pulled off after those in front of him absolutely have not been immense. Just the other week at Hull springs to mind. Game changers from World Cup Wes.

I'm thinking about the many worldies he's pulled off after those in front of him absolutely have not been immense. Just the other week at Hull springs to mind. Game changers from World Cup Wes.
Yes. Plus for example if it came out we were getting Henderson for £20m and benching LOW, think what the negative reaction would be. Says it all.

Yes. Plus for example if it came out we were getting Henderson for £20m and benching LOW, think what the negative reaction would be. Says it all.

Sorry I don't understand your point. Why would you replace a keeper with the stats Wes has with one whose are infinitely inferior. The defenders in front of Hendo are not doing very well, but they have been brought in at huge cost and should be. Ours are doing very well in the main and Wes tends to "save" the day when they don't. Same can't be said for Henderson.

Sorry I don't understand your point. Why would you replace a keeper with the stats Wes has with one whose are infinitely inferior. The defenders in front of Hendo are not doing very well, but they have been brought in at huge cost and should be. Ours are doing very well in the main and Wes tends to "save" the day when they don't. Same can't be said for Henderson.
I'm saying how good Wes is, by comparing how pissed off we'd be if we brought hendo back now especially how much he's worth and is on.

On a side note being a good keeper is so difficult to judge, when you look at the top keepers of say the past 20 years or so (Buffon, P. Schmeichel, Neuer and Casillas, i know there are others) they contributed to their respected clubs & national sides successes however they also had top end quality players in front of them. The main attributes for each of them was that they were always a fantastic communicator and had "penalty box management" and they had the ability to pull off the odd worldly save. However if you stick Buffon in a side where is having to make 11 saves a match against top end strikers he wouldn't be highly rated but when that is brought down to making 3 saves he can easily become a highly rated keeper.

Likewise with Wes at the moment roughly we are allowing 3 or 4 shots to be on target (against Preston it was 3) in the Premier League a Champions league player would be converting at least one of them however at our current level we can get away with it a little bit more. Wes fits the bill just fine, if we were to go up decision has to be made as to whether our defence is strong enough to give him a contract for the Premier League.

Is Wes in serious danger of being placed alongside Kelly, Tracey, Kenny. His stats with us are phenomenal and to say he was greeted with immense trepidation initially makes his wonderful presence for us even more remarkable
Simon Tracey I'd my favourite ever keeper but all 3 fantastic. Like you say if he keeps performing like this I think he'll be up there with Tracey and kelly

Both Henderson and Ramsdale heap tons of praise on the direction of one bloke and whilst Wes Foderingham only had 6 to 9 months working with him, I reckon he has had an Influence on his rapid development as well??

That man is Darren Ward, who had since departed and is now the England women’s team goalkeeper coach.

I remember an interview where Hendo said ward was the best he has ever worked with. He said he hoped to work with him for years to come and that under his fantastic coaching, he felt that he could hit the very top.

Both Henderson and Ramsdale heap tons of praise on the direction of one bloke and whilst Wes Foderingham only had 6 to 9 months working with him, I reckon he has had an Influence on his rapid development as well??

That man is Darren Ward, who had since departed and is now the England women’s team goalkeeper coach.

I remember an interview where Hendo said ward was the best he has ever worked with. He said he hoped to work with him for years to come and that under his fantastic coaching, he felt that he could hit the very top.
Hi Darren!! 👋

Are you saying Henderson should change sex?🤣

Probably his career highlight that. Just like the double save was by Hendo vs Norwich.

I'm no particular fan of Max Lowe but I'm not sure what he did wrong here....he was the only defender who tried to get back and clearly pulled a muscle in doing so. I believe he was then out of action for over 2 months as a result. Blame Norwood for this incident by all means, but to single out Lowe for blame is crazy.

I'm no particular fan of Max Lowe but I'm not sure what he did wrong here....he was the only defender who tried to get back and clearly pulled a muscle in doing so. I believe he was then out of action for over 2 months as a result. Blame Norwood for this incident by all means, but to single out Lowe for blame is crazy.
I ripped Norwood a new one at the time, it was completely his fault.
Lowe is just an awful defender though and although this wasn't really his doing, he did make it look like a Benny Hill sketch.

I ripped Norwood a new one at the time, it was completely his fault.
Lowe is just an awful defender though and although this wasn't really his doing, he did make it look like a Benny Hill sketch.

The damage caused by Norwood in that game was impressive. It was played on 4 September.

Lowe did not return from the injury caused when he was trying to clean up the mess from Norwood's error until Boxing day.

In addition, after about 15 mins Norwood played a really poor pass out to Baldock on the right. The looseness of the pass caused Tetteh of Hull to stretch for it. He injured himself in stretching and was out until early January. 3 games into his comeback he was sent off playing against us.

2 mistakes caused 6 months' worth of injuries.

Back
Top Bottom