League One Wes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sportinguista

Reaction score
0-0 and L.O. Wes gets down well to make the save.
Games have turning points and that was one of them.
The Forum Jury might still be out on him but that single moment was a big moment in today's win.
Just saying.

He’s been excellent last three games but I can’t get him flapping at Burnley in the cup match last season out of my head

He’s been excellent last three games but I can’t get him flapping at Burnley in the cup match last season out of my head
Confidence breeds confidence. He's kept 3 straight clean sheets now. The shirt is his to lose, and long may he continue playing like this.

Terrible clearance followed by an excellent save. What's not to like. Olsen who ?

He's probably a confidence player.

Show him some love and he'll pump his chest out and be brave and back himself.

Let's bow jinx him but he's made some key saves. Even the emphatic 6-2 vs Peterborough could have been very different had he not made a crucial save part way through the match.

Winning breeds confidence and no goals conceded in 3 matches will have done him no harm at all.

Players need to get used to him being left footed. Few times they put him under pressure with shit pass backs

I didnt realise he was left footed then after that when he gets the ball back to the wrong foot he takes a touch to knock it to his left then clear it. Too many times players were putting it on his right foot. They need to rethink their passing back. I guess this is why he is a bit jittery. Getting more and more confident in him though.

It might sound like nitpicking but I wish he’d catch and hold rather than block, spill and gather. More confidence I’m him than Olson though
Was thinking about this myself. I think he has very soft hands when he parrys it and trusts that as a safer technique.

Sometimes when you try and hold the ball from shots especially on a skiddy pitch is where unforced errors come from.

Players need to get used to him being left footed. Few times they put him under pressure with shit pass backs
I think this is a weak part of his game from what I've seen, so it would certainl hep him for the quality of the back pass to b better and to play on his stronger foot

Dean Henderson was an exception GK behind a very very good back 3.

Wes is looking decent behind a very good back 3 in Bash/Egan and Davis.

If you limit chances it helps any GK look better and our back 3 certainly do that.

We drop into a 5 when out of possession which again helps the GK.

We are much better organised now and results will pick up - have the belief that the playoffs are achievable by way that we are now set up. Wes has to keep up decent standards though - think today was there one or two slight fumbles which this time he collected at the 2nd attempt.

UTB

He is doing well in my opinion, confidence in a player can be huge especially a goalkeeper, deserves a run in the side now & I think he will get it.

Or maybe Wes should’ve learnt to use his other foot with equal confidence. 🤔

Much better than Olsen though, at least he looks like he wants to be at the club.

Last edited:

Oddly, as counter-intuitive as it sounds, when I've seen him play over the years, he tends to make a rick when he's playing with a lot of confidence. Concentration drops and then does something daft or loses concentration.

Back
Top Bottom