League 1 next season: Your team (realistic)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeforlife

Reaction score
Well if we bring in some decent permanent players and some exciting youngsters then I think we might have a chance of winning a game for once!

Long
Lowton Morgan Maguire McFadzean
Chappell Williamson Harriott Quinn
Evans Boggy

Well you get my drift which way I am going. I don't want people like yeates and co taking a fucking wage out of this club

New Player
New Player - Morgan - New Player - New Player
New Player - New Player - New Player - New Player
New Player - New Player

Cresswell in his 2nd year of a 3 year contract at 10k a week must come in there!

Division 3 next season, who gives a shit what the team is? We don't have any say in it, we're just here to be shat on so what's the point speculating, with the wankers pulling the purse strings at the Lane we'll be lucky to start next season.

i'd keep morgan, lowton, williamson, evans and riise.. thing is riise won't want to come back and they'll sell ched at the earliest opportunity.. elpiton and the maestro have to go.. then we will start to improve

The JD Retained List:

Lowton
Morgan (if by some miracle he recovers)
Williamson
Evans (but we cannnot afford him, surely)
Collins (not yet proven in a Blades shirt)
Bogdanovic
Doyle (not yet proven in a Blades shirt)

The rest are all patently inadequate, wankers, crocks or out of contract. Or all of the above. :) Oh, and as much as I love Monty, if Leeds offer decent money, we have to accept in order to fund replacements.

And that, ladies and germs, is why we need to build a whole squad in a single summer. Your season ticket will not be a return gig I'm afraid...

If it were me I'd keep lowton, Morgan, Collins(because we have to), Doyle(same reason), boggy, Evans can't think of any more.

Evans will not be at this club next season.

We can't afford his wages in the Championship let alone in League One.

In a perfect world, I'd start with Ched, Quinn, Lowton and Bogdanovich. The only four to applaud the Blades support tonight.

New keeper needed or give the boy a chance.

Defence: Lowton, Lowry (if possible)

Midfield: Quinn, Williamson (if we can get/keep him fit), Montgomery

Strikers: Evans (if we can keep him), Bogdanovich

I'd accept anything for the rest. I'd also sell Monty if we got a decent offer. Ched might be the expensive luxury that could make a difference if we can afford to keep the guy in any way.

Unfortunately, Collins and Doyle will be around as we've signed them. Cresswell too.

If there is any chance of holding on to Riise, we should do it.

The rest? There's the door.

There is no way on earth that Evans will be here next season (irrespective of which division we are playing in). Hopefully some of the kids will come good, if these are combined with some experienced League 1 battlers to give us some backbone and "bite" we may be able to stabilise and (hopefully) move forward. This will require clearing out the deadwood though. Until things change at the top maybe we will have found our "level" in League 1 (what a depressing thought!)

On tonights evidence, the only players i would want who played last night going in to next season would be Lowton, Riise and Evans.

The rest can go and fuck themselves, just along as they aren't fucking themselves, and us in the progress at Bramall Lane

I don't think we can even begin to guess the side for next season. Nosworthy, Calve, Bent and Riise will all go back and I don't think we'll hold onto Lowry.

Evans and Montgomery will be too expensive for us to hold on to and will have plenty of takers in the Championship. Most of those who are out of contract (Jordan, Taylor?) will be released.

I think Adams will want to get rid of Yeates and will probably let Bogdanovic go as well. Williamson, Morgan and Henderson might still be around by default as they're all likely to be struggling with injury.

I'd say Collins and Doyle are the only certs for the first game of next season - great!

I would add a fit henderson to the list. I feel he would be lethal at that level.

I hgave to admit my biggest worry about the team for next year is the person picking it. Also I think it's time we got rid of Monty; If we need a player like Monty to battle to get us points in the 1st then we might as well give it up now.

Planning for League 1 just seems so strange but most certainly inevitable. I think the few players that can cut it in the Championship and above will be sold, we have no remit or desire to hold on to 1 single player come the end of this season.

Realistically I see the following,

Sold

Nick Montgomery - QPR circa £750k
Stephen Quinn - QPR or any other Championship club £300k
Lee Williamson - Mid Championship club - circa £200k
Ched Evans - Norwich circa £1.5m
Darius Henderson - Leeds/QPR/Middlesborough LUCKY to get £500k
Jamie Ward - Derby whatever we get

Released/Loan Recalled

Richard Wright
Stephen Jordan
Nyron Nosworthy
Shane Lowry
Jean Calve
Rob Kozluk
Elain Parrino
Joe Matock
Ryan France
Bjorn Riise
Danny Philskirk
Sam Vokes
Marcus Bent

Jesus Christ that's 13 players that will defiantly not be playing for us next season no matter what happens. No wonder we're in the deep brown stuff!!!

Anyway back to point, this is what we will be left with (in my opinion)

GK

Steve Simonson

DF

Chris Morgan - Long term injury
Andy Taylor - Long term injury
Neil Collins
Matt Lowton

MD

Jonny Ertl
Michael Doyle
Mark Yeates

FW

Richard Creswell
Daniel Bogdanovic

We really will have a massive rebuilding job on and I very much doubt that we can do this in 1 pre season. We will still have some donkeys on long contracts that nobody in their right mind will take on (or can afford to take on).

I think we better get used to the JPT chaps, we're not going anywhere for some time.

At 15k a week I think you may have seen the last of Hendo!

Well the bugger had better get used to £15 QUID a week instead then, because that's all McCabe is gunna pay.......and I thought it was Brealey that used slave labour!

Planning for League 1 just seems so strange but most certainly inevitable. I think the few players that can cut it in the Championship and above will be sold, we have no remit or desire to hold on to 1 single player come the end of this season.

Sold

Released/Loan Recalled

Richard Wright
Stephen Jordan
Nyron Nosworthy
Shane Lowry
Jean Calve
Rob Kozluk
Elain Parrino
Joe Matock
Ryan France
Bjorn Riise
Danny Philskirk
Sam Vokes
Marcus Bent

Jesus Christ that's 13 players that will defiantly not be playing for us next season no matter what happens. No wonder we're in the deep brown stuff!!!

GK

Steve Simonson

DF

Neil Collins
Matt Lowton

MD

Jonny Ertl
Michael Doyle
Mark Yeates

FW

Richard Creswell
Daniel Bogdanovic

We really will have a massive rebuilding job on and I very much doubt that we can do this in 1 pre season. We will still have some donkeys on long contracts that nobody in their right mind will take on (or can afford to take on).

I think we better get used to the JPT chaps, we're not going anywhere for some time.

Good post. The kind of realistic assessment the thread calls for.

I think we could be even more realistic and add Montgomery and Quinn to the retained column, seeing as they are on long contracts and no-one is going to pay money for them.

Sold

Released/Loan Recalled

Richard Wright
Stephen Jordan
Nyron Nosworthy
Shane Lowry
Jean Calve
Rob Kozluk
Elain Parrino
Joe Matock
Ryan France
Bjorn Riise
Danny Philskirk
Sam Vokes
Marcus Bent

GK

Steve Simonson

DF

Neil Collins
Matt Lowton

MD

Jonny Ertl
Michael Doyle
Mark Yeates

FW

Richard Creswell
Daniel Bogdanovic

If that turns out to be what we are left with then we are well & truly fucked and another relegation beckons. Morgan apart, not one of those players is good enough. Perhaps Boggy on the bench - and Lowton still has time to improve (although he's looked woeful recently) - but the rest are very, very poor.

Happy days.

Rip. Their. Arms. Off.

We'll get 500k.

Based on 2 assumptions,

Ched will continue to play like he has done ever since Micky Admas has come in and Norwich will finsih the season strong. If they're promoted it could go to £2m+ as a striker who scores goals in the poorest scoring team in the Championship is certainly worth something.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Good post. The kind of realistic assessment the thread calls for.

I think we could be even more realistic and add Montgomery and Quinn to the retained column, seeing as they are on long contracts and no-one is going to pay money for them.

Monty will be at QPR in the Premiership next season, Warnock loves him and with Derry unable to compete at that level he will undoubtably call for Monty. Let's be honest in the Premiership Monty was one of our best players and usually is when given a strict marking role as he was on Lampard, Gerrard and co who all commmented on his abilities.

Quinn could possibly head in the same direction with him, despite our thoughts Quinn is a decent player for a decent side. Back end of 2007-2008, 2008-2009 10 plus goals pring to mind.

In terms of planning for League 1 maybe we have been for a while, the Development Squad!

Now I aint whipping up a conspriacy, but maybe that squad was going to be the squad we would start to build around, whether we are a championship club or league 1 club come August.

Some may not be good enough but some may make the first team, others maybe half decent squad players, and they all will be alot cheaper than most of the loans and current line up.

Players in bold are players I'd like to see at the club that we currently have in our first team, the otehrs are ones I think will still be here

Parrino - think he'd do well in that division
Collins
Morgs
Matty Lowton
Jordan - Think he'd be very good in that division.
Askalu - Still be here won't he?
Long
Kingsley James
Harriot
Slew
Chappel
Evans - Wages would be an issue but I think MA is getting the best out of him now.
Boggy - think him and Ched could have a great partnership in that division.
The two Irish Lads and Norwegian Lads.
Quinn - his attitude in recent games has been better and we are starting to see the old fire in his eyes.
Willo - bring us that calm edge and that tad bit of quality in defence, incidently I think he'd be very good with Quinny alongside him in centre mid.
Doyle
Taylor
Ertl

Who I think will go or should go:

Hendo
Ward
Cressy
Monty
Simmo
Yeates
Wright
Kozzy
France

Monty will be at QPR in the Premiership next season, Warnock loves him and with Derry unable to compete at that level he will undoubtably call for Monty.

I think the sickening thing about Warnock at QPR is that when he goes up this time he will learn from his mistakes and probably buy, in the main, wisely, picking from established Premiership players. He won't buy Montgomery, despite the nice things he said about him when he was here to keep his morale up.

If Warnock loved him that much he could have had him for free in the summer, the way he got Derry, by offering him a larger contract than we did.

Back
Top Bottom