Latest..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Call me a bed wetter if you like but -30 million TV money and -50 million purchase the ground then chuck in.the wage bill of between 20 and 50 million and what have you got left from.one years income ?
 



It's the Star and James Shield.............. I stopped reading after this - " With Zivkovic set to feature in the squad which faces Tottenham Hotspur this evening,"

What do people expect Wilder to say?.... We have loads of money, no financial implications on the ownership stuff, no problems with covid reducing revenue.... yeah bring it on, we are signing some reight players!

Tufty is doing what Tufty does brilliantly............... managing the expectation of bed wetter fans and greedy agents wanting to screw us. He will have a bob or two and will make us stronger. 👍 ⚔ ⚔

Nailed it there....good post.
 
There will be plenty of bargains to be had in France. They ended the season early, lost TV and related income, and some of their clubs will be struggling to make ends meet.
 
Offering new deals to players the ages that Sharp, McG and possibly Jags are is worrying. I just hope this is supplemented with 2 or 3 players who will improve the 1st 11, ideally with a bit more pace as we struggle against quick opponents.

Overall it’s been a really good season but we need to build on it not stand still.

Agree on this as much as they i like them them billy and mcgoldrick, we can't rely on them in this division
 
Call me a bed wetter if you like but -30 million TV money and -50 million purchase the ground then chuck in.the wage bill of between 20 and 50 million and what have you got left from.one years income ?

The reduction in PL money will have an instant impact as it's a reduction in revenue and cash coming into the club. The purchase of the ground won't be as we won't be paying cash up front for the ground, there will be some loan in place to fund it (i.e. mortgage) and the cost of the asset will be depreciated over its useful life in the accounts. On something like a ground it would normally be between 25-50 years so the actual 'cost' in the next financial year will be between 1/25 and 1/50 of the value paid.

A simpler way to think of it is if your take home salary is reduced by £5k next year and you still decide to buy a house for say £500k then you are not £505k down next year. You are the £5k down and the £500k is spread over the duration of your mortgage term.
 
Offering new deals to players the ages that Sharp, McG and possibly Jags are is worrying. I just hope this is supplemented with 2 or 3 players who will improve the 1st 11, ideally with a bit more pace as we struggle against quick opponents.

Overall it’s been a really good season but we need to build on it not stand still.

If they're not on huge money they're worth hanging onto IMO. Decent players to have on the bench
 
Someone tell James Shield we're playing on Thursday not tonight before he gets his mask on and goes down to Bramall Lane.

Also, why are we happy to see McG and Bill get new contracts a few weeks ago, and now unhappy just because we've got £25m less money? How much is in the kitty doesn't come into the fact McG and Bill were worth giving new contracts to.

We've lost £25m of TV money, and assuming no fans for a few months yet, some gate receipts (but I think we will offer some kind of season tickets at the beginning of next season, like a place holder token amount) but so has everyone else, and some of those will have lost a lot more gate receipts than we have.

See what happens in a few weeks when the market wakes up, and then panic if we get Richard Keogh and Joe Hart in on frees.
 
Going to be a case of surviving next season with a low budget for back up and then reassess at the end of next season. I had an incline money was a slight issue going forward after Besic and Restos went back and after CW said Billy was free to leave in January if he wanted, then we have given him a 2 year extension.
I get the impression Billy will end up out on loan next season, and his future will be a coaching role at the club eventually
As for restos the plan for him went up in smoke due to covid and I think he will be back later in the year
Besic never really impressed me and according to my Everton mate ancelotti doesn't fancy him and wants to sell him to raise funds
 
Someone tell James Shield we're playing on Thursday not tonight before he gets his mask on and goes down to Bramall Lane.

Also, why are we happy to see McG and Bill get new contracts a few weeks ago, and now unhappy just because we've got £25m less money? How much is in the kitty doesn't come into the fact McG and Bill were worth giving new contracts to.

We've lost £25m of TV money, and assuming no fans for a few months yet, some gate receipts (but I think we will offer some kind of season tickets at the beginning of next season, like a place holder token amount) but so has everyone else, and some of those will have lost a lot more gate receipts than we have.

See what happens in a few weeks when the market wakes up, and then panic if we get Richard Keogh and Joe Hart in on frees.

Seriously? and people wonder why The Star get so much flack on here. 🤦‍♂️

I don't blame Danny from barely posting on here these days, probably because he can't defend the papers most basic errors anymore.
 
Call me a bed wetter if you like but -30 million TV money and -50 million purchase the ground then chuck in.the wage bill of between 20 and 50 million and what have you got left from.one years income ?
I'm not the best at maths, but I've been pointing this out too, the prince isnt a rich man, thats why McCabe got the arse on with him.
 
The reduction in PL money will have an instant impact as it's a reduction in revenue and cash coming into the club. The purchase of the ground won't be as we won't be paying cash up front for the ground, there will be some loan in place to fund it (i.e. mortgage) and the cost of the asset will be depreciated over its useful life in the accounts. On something like a ground it would normally be between 25-50 years so the actual 'cost' in the next financial year will be between 1/25 and 1/50 of the value paid.

A simpler way to think of it is if your take home salary is reduced by £5k next year and you still decide to buy a house for say £500k then you are not £505k down next year. You are the £5k down and the £500k is spread over the duration of your mortgage term.
I was always under the impression that the prince wouldnt be paying outright for the land but recent comments have made me doubt that ( including from wilder )
 
im not going to say berge was a mistake because of what ive seen so far because i dont believe that

but i will say his transfer was a mistake with the timing and the money paid, who knew at that time that covid would strike and prevent us from finishing the season properly, but looking back now, we were spending money we didn't have yet and we jumped the gun
Are you for real mate? Berge hasn't cost you a bean. I don't understand why transfer fees are of any concern to fans. Leave them to those conducting the business.
I doubt Wilder thinks he "Jumped the gun".
I'll trust his 20 odd years experience in the game ;)
 
I was always under the impression that the prince wouldnt be paying outright for the land but recent comments have made me doubt that ( including from wilder )

He'll be paying McCabe 'outright' for the land, however he won't be shelling out all of the cash up front from either his or the clubs' bank account, he'll finance it like the vast majority of land sale transactions are financed around the world each day.

I doubt he or the club have the cash sat around just to hand £Xm over in a one-off transaction.
 
He'll be paying McCabe 'outright' for the land, however he won't be shelling out all of the cash up front from either his or the clubs' bank account, he'll finance it like the vast majority of land sale transactions are financed around the world each day.

I doubt he or the club have the cash sat around just to hand £Xm over in a one-off transaction.
I understand that and have until recently always thought that's how it would transpire until a few quotes including Wilder mentioning it as well as the 30 million TV money loss in the same sentence
 
I understand that and have until recently always thought that's how it would transpire until a few quotes including Wilder mentioning it as well as the 30 million TV money loss in the same sentence

I doubt Wilder is party to the financing of the land deal. I think his remit is the management of the first team.
 



I doubt Wilder is party to the financing of the land deal. I think his remit is the management of the first team.
Again i agree with you but I just thought it weird hr mentioned the two things while talking about his budget

The quote Is underneath



We will lose a chunk of change. We will lose, I don’t know £20-£30million I should imagine from a football club’s point of view, so there is that effect on budget and investment into the team.
"That is going to be the case, especially what is happening at the football club right now and in the next couple of days as well, with the transfer of club going from one owner to the other.
 
Again i agree with you but I just thought it weird hr mentioned the two things while talking about his budget

The quote Is underneath



We will lose a chunk of change. We will lose, I don’t know £20-£30million I should imagine from a football club’s point of view, so there is that effect on budget and investment into the team.
"That is going to be the case, especially what is happening at the football club right now and in the next couple of days as well, with the transfer of club going from one owner to the other.

Doesn’t mention anything about the land. Just the transfer of the club. I’m assuming it’s just the formalities of finalising what the judge said needed to happen.
 
The new deals for Sharp/McGoldrick/Jagielka suggested this was the case.
Of course me expressing this opinion at the time was met with a few playing the man and not the ball.
 
As for selling JOC for £35 million and re-investing.....

I don't think JOC can be replaced for £35 million, let alone improve anything else.

Selling a ferrari to buy a couple of minis.
 
I just hope that we've got a couple of decent youngsters coming through to bulk the squad out next season! 🤨
 
As for selling JOC for £35 million and re-investing.....

I don't think JOC can be replaced for £35 million, let alone improve anything else.

Selling a ferrari to buy a couple of minis.

Some would argue we did that with Brooks but we ended up improving the squad overall with the purchase of Egan and Norwood.
 
As for selling JOC for £35 million and re-investing.....

I don't think JOC can be replaced for £35 million, let alone improve anything else.

Selling a ferrari to buy a couple of minis.
Tend to agree. This is the first step clubs take that get relegated. Sell the family silver, try to get the manager to pull rabbits our of hats.
 
No, but it's rumored.

The Sharp and McGoldrick ones were only initially rumored too.
It's not rumoured, and it's not happening. Jags is done, may be moving onto the coaching staff if he decides to hang up his boots.
 
The new deals for Sharp/McGoldrick/Jagielka suggested this was the case.
Of course me expressing this opinion at the time was met with a few playing the man and not the ball.
It's not going to be a season of too many outstanding performers next year. We can't afford 'star' players and this will continue. All the forwards will have to weigh in with 5 or 6 for us to get enough goals and the defence will have to remain watertight and injury free.

Norwich will finish last. But you wonder if they hadn't got all those defensive injuries how they would have faired with a bit of wind in their sales when Pukki was scoring.
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom