Kit thread: Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That crest on the away shirt is something I've advocated for a long time.

You see them swords and you know immediately that it's us. Nowt else is needed. It's minimilist and bold. I love that.

I'd add 1889 in Roman numerals as a wee extra, but once you see what 1889 in Roman numerals actually is you decide against it :D very long.
:confused: :)

You see them swords and you know immediately that it's us. Nowt else is needed. It's minimilist and bold. I love that.

I'd add 1889 in Roman numerals as a wee extra, but once you see what 1889 in Roman numerals actually is you decide against it :D very long.
Old song new version

No pig fans in town ... etc so on and so forth
... and the year is MDCCCLXXXIX

Might just work.

Who’s put forward these shirts then?

Anybody official at the Lane?

Don’t know who concept shirts are.

Don’t buy replica shirts that often but both those shirts look like classics.
I’m looking for something to be ultra critical about the design but have to accept that I like everything about both of them.

Would definitely buy the home shirt and probably buy the away shirt too.

Agree I’d take that crest on the away shirt looks good and instantly recognisable as Sheffield United. I think full colour badge on the away shirt when it doesn’t match makes it look cheap. More famous clubs than us are happy to change the colour of their badge to match the shirt and we’ve done it before. We’ve only had the full colour round crest on the shirt since 1999 anyway (going on historicalkits.co.uk).

Pointless doing them this early though because Adidas will have new templates for next season. Think the home shirt is based on Argentina's world cup shirt so that's not going to be current by the time we need a new home kit.

Pointless doing them this early though because Adidas will have new templates for next season. Think the home shirt is based on Argentina's world cup shirt so that's not going to be current by the time we need a new home kit.
If only. That has a striped back!

Agree I’d take that crest on the away shirt looks good and instantly recognisable as Sheffield United. I think full colour badge on the away shirt when it doesn’t match makes it look cheap. More famous clubs than us are happy to change the colour of their badge to match the shirt and we’ve done it before. We’ve only had the full colour round crest on the shirt since 1999 anyway (going on historicalkits.co.uk).

It’s not supposed to match, it’s our badge and it doesn’t cause a colour clash with the opponents colours. I think change shirts with matching badges look cheap, it looks as though they aren’t proud of their club badge and are prepared to give it up to suit the kit manufacturer. The current change shirt looks so much better with our red, white and black badge than an almost invisible yellow matching badge.

Back
Top Bottom