Killa to Celtic?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So are we setting our stall out as a club with a risk appetite of zero? I've no wish for us to end up like Leeds or the Pigs by over-stretching ourselves, but it seems that we go too far in the opposite direction sometimes.

If anything relardless of how well we do this season we want to be trying to keep Killa here.

he'll go in january for £1m i reckon

Absolutely no chance if we are anywhere near the top they will keep him till we know what division we are in next year. If we go up he gets prem football and prem wages if we don't he can go on a free.

But if he breaks his leg while holding out for ££££££££££££ no club will touch him and its a gamble on his part not to sign a contract with us.

But his greedy agent will no doubt be filling his head with what he could be earning in the prem.

I know some don't rate him (Sitwell and Silent are two), but I think Morgan and Kilgallon have formed a really good partnership where they complement eachother very well. Some prefers the old school centre half type, but I think Killa also deserves credit for Morgan's best form with us.

However, if it's £4m+ now, or nothing next summer, that's a real dilemma.

No dilemma if the club is serious about competing on the pitch and not only on the balance sheet.
We are set up to defend (Lord knows how boring we're going to be yet again this season) and Killa is an absolute necessity to our 'style'.

First of all its probably just paper talk.

But if we did sell then it'd be a disaster...

Everyone talks about how the fans would kick off and for me it'd be the last straw of a summer of sales

But I think Blackie would also walk.

My one silver lining after the play off defeat was Blackie staying, keeping the stability. Losing a 3rd manager in 3 seasons would've been too much and we'd be sliding down the league...

I still don't buy the retoric that if the big teams come knocking then we open the door and throw another young prospect at them as well in a 2 for 1.

The club have also set out their intention by splashing 3 million on Ched, it sends a message that we have the cash to buy a Premiership Player, but we also have to splash the cash on keeping players out of the reach of the PL clubs.

Losing a 3rd manager in 3 seasons would've been too much and we'd be sliding down the league...

Very good point! This is when teams start to spiral downwards, but it looks as though McCabe has the trust, loyalty and belief in KB and that is what you need! you dont get that off many chairmans

Now to the killa situation, we cannot let him go he is far too valuable! his experience and quality is far more valuable than the said £4m lets hope we can get up that league and stick there asap

It'll be interesting to see how we handle the Killa situation in 2009/2010 compared to how we handled the Brown situation in 2003/2004. By that I mean bottling it in January and taking 500k rather than risking him going on a bosman in the summer.

We are set up to defend (Lord knows how boring we're going to be yet again this season)

Why is defending boring? Most of my favourite players throught history have been goalies or defenders. It's an important part of the game and it can be highly entertaining watching a defender with an attacker in his pocket. Think Naughton making a monkey out of Hunt last year.

Is it just me that would prefer to watch Gary Naysmith or Chris Morgan go about his buisness than some poncey "flair" player spinning about in circles?

I think it's just you, moDtheGod.
Nothing against having a good defence, it's a pretty good idea.
I am against filling the remaining six positions with hardworking artisans. It isn't enough.
It wasn't last year and it won't be this year.
It will also be painful to watch every week.

Why is defending boring? Most of my favourite players throught history have been goalies or defenders. It's an important part of the game and it can be highly entertaining watching a defender with an attacker in his pocket. Think Naughton making a monkey out of Hunt last year.

Is it just me that would prefer to watch Gary Naysmith or Chris Morgan go about his buisness than some poncey "flair" player spinning about in circles?

I like a bit of grit and flair as much as the next man. But to me there is no finer sight than a defender getting stuck in, or a keeper coming for the ball and clearing the whole lot out of his 6 yard box :D
I'm also partial to a full back cutting a poncey winger in half (as long as its our full back) No coincidence that some of my favourite all time non Blades players are Tony Adams, Steve Bruce, Stuart Pearce, and Peter Shilton.

Always interesting to read these things when an impending transfer of a player like Killa appears. No doubt the dirrties had the same debate before he came to us and no doubt, as with every club at whatever the level, the debate exonerates the player from any involvement or say in the possible transfer.

It's the agent pushing for a move (who the hell does said agent work for?), the club want to sell him (he has a contract and can say no, which might happen in this case), his contract is almost up and they need to sell or he will leave for nothing (if the player wants to stay he'll sign an extension or new contract, or he'll decide not to bother, leave for nothing and get a hefty signing -on fee).

My point in all this, is that there are plenty saying that the club have to keep Killa, that it shows a lack of ambition if he leaves, that it shows McCabe is now more interested in balancing the books all as if the player is a complete slave and has no control over the situation. Reality is that players have more control over these things than they've ever had and can pretty much decide their own fate, irrespective of what clubs, agents or chairman want (especially at this level, more so above in the PL).

Just like Bambi at Man Utd in the summer, if the player decides he wants away, it will happen eventually. The offer will come or the contract will expire, but either way the player gets the move he wants, and the club can do NOTHING. I've a strong feeling that Killa is a lesser version of Ronaldo!

I am against filling the remaining six positions with hardworking artisans. It isn't enough.

Obviously. I asked why defending is boring though. When I watch a match, the faults I tend to pick up on are bad marking, someone not going with a man, that kind of thing. Similarly, I enjoy a perfectly timed tackle or a good save. I like to watch the defence at work and that to me is generally more entertaining than a step over or a through ball (though obviously, they can all be good to watch and have their place).

He's worth whatever the market say he is. If someone is willing to pay £4m, he's worth £4m...

Obviously. I asked why defending is boring though. When I watch a match, the faults I tend to pick up on are bad marking, someone not going with a man, that kind of thing. Similarly, I enjoy a perfectly timed tackle or a good save. I like to watch the defence at work and that to me is generally more entertaining than a step over or a through ball (though obviously, they can all be good to watch and have their place).

I didn't say defending was boring, I said our team was.
Sadly Killa may have to go to finance someone to take control of the midfield after the mistake of buying the Watford cast-off.

Think Killa will stay for now but possibly leave in Jan window if we are not doing well.

I'll settle for that! As long as they don't sell him like they did Beattie. Personally i think it was for the good of the club that Beattie left BUT Killa, NO!! He's our most consistent performer. Absolutely quality player

Sadly Killa may have to go to finance someone to take control of the midfield after the mistake of buying the Watford cast-off.

Boring - yet third in league and into the play of final - - or perhaps you'd prefer the flair, panache and league position of Newcastle last season?

And aren't you being harsh on Williamson given that he's yet to kick a ball for us? Give the lad a chance!!

Sorry, must have missed Williamson's reputation as a king playmaker down the years.
Doesn't sound like the 500k is going to be put to much use this side of Xmas anyway.
As for France and Treacy, if that's the best they have to offer we have real problems with the quality of our recruits.
And for us, finishing 3rd means nothing. May as well finish 13th.

We are set up to defend (Lord knows how boring we're going to be yet again this season) and Killa is an absolute necessity to our 'style'.

Why is the "boring" bit relevant to the rest of the sentence then? You're implying that by being defensive, we're being boring, no?

Anyway.

Sorry, must have missed Williamson's reputation as a king playmaker down the years.
Doesn't sound like the 500k is going to be put to much use this side of Xmas anyway.
As for France and Treacy, if that's the best they have to offer we have real problems with the quality of our recruits.
And for us, finishing 3rd means nothing. May as well finish 13th.

God there's no pleasing some people. BOO YOU!!:(

Back
Top Bottom