Kevin Blackwellbottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
This bloke in charge is the second coming of Kevin Blackwell at least kevin Blackwell would have booted the 4th officials board with a bit more passion

Not good enough tonight but that has been good enough a lot of times this season we played well for the first 20 minutes and then got outplayed 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

This manager just isn't good enough , does anyone know what his tactics are other than hoof it up and win the scraps and let ndiaye win the game for us

Well it doesn't work Gareth when Ndiaye is having the night off

Please someone tell me what our tactics are first decent team we have played and we were outclassed

Also jacky shit for Brains tryna scrap with someone on John street in the last minute someone get that bloke a brain transplant 🧠

If there was anyone left in the ground as 15,000 left in the 80th minute if you were one of those why bother turning up in the first place

Agree 100%. I've said many times results have disguised performances and lo and behold when we come up against a team with lightning fast movement, a midfield that collectively has a tackle, block or close down in it and most importantly is actually happy to play at 100% for more than 20 minutes tonight is the inevitable outcome.
The manager was shocking on every level tonight and it will be interesting to see if he can get a tune out of that lot to avoid defeat in the Lions den. Not holding my breath.

• Banned
Agree 100%. I've said many times results have disguised performances and lo and behold when we come up against a team with lightning fast movement, a midfield that collectively has a tackle, block or close down in it and most importantly is actually happy to play at 100% for more than 20 minutes tonight is the inevitable outcome.
The manager was shocking on every level tonight and it will be interesting to see if he can get a tune out of that lot to avoid defeat in the Lions den. Not holding my breath.

We played well for 20 minutes that’s usually been good enough this season

Bar that I don’t know what the plan is

She’s here….

Promotion is won over 46 games, yes we got outplayed tonight, but we won’t face a team that good every game

Boro will loose a few games, as we will

Would have been nice to not loose, but we are in our position because of the lads that we love

No one had a shocker, no one had a good game

Regroup, go again, Carrick would rather be in our position than his, despite this result

No team will win ever game, beat millwall, they loose against QPR and we’re as you were

Keep the faith Bladesmen, griefing the lads don’t help

We are supporters , let’s fucking support ffs

It's a fair point that we don't seem to have any tactics, style of play or identity.

Whatever of those things we do have obviously works, because we're odds on for promotion, but I couldn't tell you what they are.

She’s here….

Promotion is won over 46 games, yes we got outplayed tonight, but we won’t face a team that good every game

Would have been nice to not loose, but we are in our position because of the lads that we love

Regroup, go again, Carrick would rather be in our position than his, despite this result

No team will win ever game, beat millwall, they loose against QPR and we’re as you were

Can you repeat this Saturday evening, regardless of results

She’s here….

I bet you a shiny penny they batter QPR. I would grab a point at Millwall right now with both hands. I think you have like many allowed good results to overshadow the reality of largely average performances. We face a run of games against sides in or around the PO spots. We can't play for 20 minutes per game and expect to walk it with a goal scored in the 20 minutes we actually play at full throttle.

This bloke in charge is the second coming of Kevin Blackwell at least kevin Blackwell would have booted the 4th officials board with a bit more passion

Not good enough tonight but that has been good enough a lot of times this season we played well for the first 20 minutes and then got outplayed 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

This manager just isn't good enough , does anyone know what his tactics are other than hoof it up and win the scraps and let ndiaye win the game for us

Please someone tell me what our tactics are first decent team we have played and we were outclassed

Also jacky shit for Brains tryna scrap with someone on John street in the last minute someone get that bloke a brain transplant 🧠

If there was anyone left in the ground as 15,000 left in the 80th minute if you were one of those why bother turning up in the first place
What a fool You are

It's a fair point that we don't seem to have any tactics, style of play or identity.

Whatever of those things we do have obviously works, because we're odds on for promotion, but I couldn't tell you what they are.

We do have tactics, seems to be get the ball to Norwood and he'll spray some long balls around.
However today his passing was off and it just looked like we were desperately hitting it long and the ball was going straight back to them,.

There’s no tactics and we rely on ndiaye when ndiaye has a shocker what is the tactic 🤷‍♂️

She’s here….

I’ve said it all season though not just tonight

That is a very half full assessment

I agree giving grief Doesn’t help anyone which is why it f@@@ me right off seeing the ground 20% full when the added time went up absolutely embarrassing to see that

I bet you a shiny penny they batter QPR. I would grab a point at Millwall right now with both hands. I think you have like many allowed good results to overshadow the reality of largely average performances. We face a run of games against sides in or around the PO spots. We can't play for 20 minutes per game and expect to walk it with a goal scored in the 20 minutes we actually play at full throttle.
Give your heed a wobble, good results are good results
I don’t care about “performances” it’s a results business

If we get the results we need we will be up, we have a 7 point lead and a better goal difference, if they catch us they deserve it, if they don’t we do

Everyone would like us to do it with a swagger, but should we do it, the records will show we’re int prem, that’s all that matters

It's almost as if Heckeh should have tried to win the game at their place at 2-1 up rather than deciding to give them the draw instead

Then tonight might not have mattered as much

What a shame that Boro didn't reciprocate our charity

Were Burnley not a decent team?

I would say why is the fan giving him stick. Not a good thing to do.

I have to agree with you tonight.

I hate myself.

Bet you’d do owt for one of them shite 1-0 wins where he bores the fucking tits off ya now though wouldnt you FallowfieldBlade

I know I would.

Give your heed a wobble, good results are good results
I don’t care about “performances” it’s a results business

If we get the results we need we will be up, we have a 7 point lead and a better goal difference, if they catch us they deserve it, if they don’t we do

Everyone would like us to do it with a swagger, but should we do it, the records will show we’re int prem, that’s all that matters
Give your head a wobble. Do you watch Teletubbies. You clearly don't understand the following. Getting results with distinctly underwhelming performances is fine until results dry up. Then you are in the brown stuff because you aren't used to playing at high levels for the full 90. Tonight was a classic example. Boro are what we need to be but we just play for 20 mins and then at 60% for the rest of the game. We got away with it because we played pretty crap teams. Lets see what happens over the next 6 games mate. You think our manager can get us up to the levels Boro showed tonight? Don't confuse objective criticism with lack of support. If they catch us they deserve it? Play like tonight they won't deserve it. We 'd have thrown it away. huge difference. We should have been 2-0 and halfway home tonight but we are profligate. They weren't. And that is what will determine our season.

She’s here….

No one had a shocker ?
Norwood & McAtee were awful

I have to agree with you tonight.

I hate myself.
Me too.
Our manager is clueless when things aren't going our way.
He totally fails to read the game and make the necessary adjustments to tactics & personnel.
If we did go up and faced stronger opposition every week , Hecky would not have the nouse to avoid defeat after defeat.
Prime example tonight ,
Obvious from the start that McAtee was simply not coping , he was having an absolute mare , getting brushed off the ball , making mistake after mistake and clearly needed subbing off - nothing was going to work for him.
Instead of hooking him for one of the two left footed midfielders on the bench , Hecky swaps him to the R wing where he can do the square root of fuck all coz he is so onefooted.
Absolutely bizarre.
Then having taken R footed Norwood off , replaces him with a L footer in Osborn , so now you have a diminutive & unbalanced midfield which is worse than what you started with when Berge was in his proper place on the R.
Anyone could see that our midfield was malfunctioning but Hecky made it even worse.
Why not bring on Coulibaly ? At least he's tall & strong.
Total mismanagement.

The flat 3 in midfield didn't work tonight after about 10 minutes.
It was obvious.
They were overwhelming us down our left. McAtee was all at sea defensively and we were overran across midfield as there were huge gaps between them.
It cost us the first goal.
Afterwards Hecky swaps Berge and McAtee wings. Has never worked, never will.
Second half still being overwhelmed in midfield, Norwood has a brain fart. Hooks Norwood and puts on tiny Ben. Who gets no where near any of their players or making any sort of positive impact.
Hecky waited too long in every decision, and when he eventually did make a decision he got every decision wrong. He then showed a lack of leadership by getting emotional and getting red carded. When we needed energy in the first half to change things he was static.
He should be apologising to the fans for his and the teams mistakes. He was comprehensively outwitted by a rookie management team tonight. Hope he learns from these mistakes and quick.
He needs a defensive plan B.
There is no evidence he can positively influence games.
Improvement needed.

According to you and your UAFA A coaching badge, we are where we are because of our players, not because of our manager!
So how is last night down to poor tactics from our manager when nine out of eleven players ratings are less than five???
Hecky wasn't on the pitch. Why isn't it NDiaye s fault for having the night off?
Why isn't it Berges fault for being anonymous? Why isn't it Norwoods fault for miss passing all night? Why isn't it Lowes fault for not getting involved?
Were you absent the day they explained football's a team game when you did your UAFA badge?
We were all round shite last night. Collectively. Including Hecky

She’s here….

Surely we should aim to keep it tight rather than loose.

Do we really need to refer to our players in that way? The lad grafts every game he plays.

Whilst disagreeing with Fallowfield WRT his inexplicable loathing of Hecky, our strategy from about ten minutes on in most matches is and always has been questionable. What is also disconcerting is Hecky's reluctance to change things and his substitution policy. We were struggling with three different midfield three formulae:

---------------Norwood---------------McAtee-------------

----------------------------Berge----------------------------

Because McAtee isn't imposing enough to handle an attacking 4-2-3-1 and is easily muscled out and Berge even at the best of times isn't a CAM

------------Berge--------Norwood-------McAtee-----------

Because Norwood is fucking hopeless in a flat midfield three and Berge seems to go missing even more in this formula

-------------------------Norwood----------------------------

----------Berge---------------------------McAtee------------

Which suits Norwood fine as he can receive from the back three and pump Hollywoods all night but bypasses Berge and McAtee

Bringing Osborn on was a fucking pointless exercise. McAtee was struggling against a fairly robust central midfield and couldn't find a red and white shirt in space. Norwood was finding it difficult (as he always does) when pressed and Berge had gone for a shower. We needed reinforcement and control in midfield. Osborn is neither.

pommpey

Our teams biggest problem on wednesday was that we were way too open, so the opposite of how blackwell had us playing.
Christ almighty at least know the basics

Our teams biggest problem on wednesday was that we were way too open, so the opposite of how blackwell had us playing.
Christ almighty at least know the basics

C'mon. He's got a UEFA A License. Surely you can see that!

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom