Incoming? Kasper Schmeichel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn’t he Cloughie’s first signing at Forest before they went on to win the league and 2 European Cups ? Would be interesting to see how many penalties Shilton actually saved in his time at Forest.
Not the first, Clough started at Forest in January 1975, Shilton signed for Forest early in 1977-78 season

Confirmation that Shilton did actually once save a penalty from a German player, around 3.45 minutes in.

We would have more money without renewing some unnecessary contracts during the summer.. Yes, it's "IF"fing and doesn't help in current situation..

£4k/week ???

😆somat not reyt there me thinks?
IF it’s even true I can’t see his Agent coming in thinking upping it to 6k would be a result.

He’ll be giving it the fact as a PL player he was on 100k+ and the going rate is 40k and it’s just that he fancied a stint trying mayonnaise on his fries as to why he was prepared to accept 4K in Belgium.

Can’t envisage for one minute he wants 4K and we’re hesitant. Not even us.

Not seen him recently. Might be good to have a former PL winner but depends how much he’s gone downhill. His Dad was a former PL winner. I wouldn’t want him now!

IF it’s even true I can’t see his Agent coming in thinking upping it to 6k would be a result.

He’ll be giving it the fact as a PL player he was on 100k+ and the going rate is 40k and it’s just that he fancied a stint trying mayonnaise on his fries as to why he was prepared to accept 4K in Belgium.

Can’t envisage for one minute he wants 4K and we’re hesitant. Not even us.

Not seen him recently. Might be good to have a former PL winner but depends how much he’s gone downhill. His Dad was a former PL winner. I wouldn’t want him now!

I would take his Dad over Danny Ward in a heartbeat!

I think thats bollocks if his current wages of 4k per week is true
We just need to get rid of Fleck and we could more than treble the 4k per week

Sure it will be his agent trying to secure him a good 6-month pay-day, probably using the reasoning that if Kasper helps keep us in the Prem that £40K per week, (or whatever he wants) will be loose change....and he is right of course!

If we want Schmeichel offer him £10K a week and a big bonus if we stay up....I can't see that he will be inundated with offers to be fair!

I've heard he's susceptible at his near post and hesitant on crosses.

Sorry mate but it's a no from me.
Two knee replacements as well, bound to have slowed him down a bit…..

I think thats bollocks if his current wages of 4k per week is true
We just need to get rid of Fleck and we could more than treble the 4k per week
He's not going to come back to the Premier league on anything like he was on previously ,He should be grateful of the opportunity to have the chance.
The site which comes up with these rumours has not got one right yet.

I honestly don't think he'd be a huge upgrade on Wes, who has been decent overal (2-3 glaring errors aside)

I honestly don't think he'd be a huge upgrade on Wes, who has been decent overal (2-3 glaring errors aside)

1 - We can't afford 2-3 glaring errors in half a season, plus I think if you look back then it is more like 4-5 - over a season this is a lot of points

2 - "....decent overall" - again disagree. Shot stopping he has in his locker, but distribution, tactical awareness, commandment of area are all severely lacking

1 - We can't afford 2-3 glaring errors in half a season, plus I think if you look back then it is more like 4-5 - over a season this is a lot of points

2 - "....decent overall" - again disagree. Shot stopping he has in his locker, but distribution, tactical awareness, commandment of area are all severely lacking
But the solution for me isn't a stop gap, we need long term thinking in this position.

Wes has proved himself in terms of some brilliant saves that have either kept us in games and at Championship level, gone on to pick up points. His distribution and decision making with his feet is what has massively let him down in the PL. The ball must go back to him from our own possession 50 odd times a game and it's unacceptable to just launch it out for an opposition throw in half way up the pitch nearly every time. When you're being pressed in your own half, you need a reliable keeper to play back to who can at least give us a chance of a purposeful long ball to get us up the pitch, rather than just a turn over of possession 9 times out of 10.

Wes has proved himself in terms of some brilliant saves that have either kept us in games and at Championship level, gone on to pick up points. His distribution and decision making with his feet is what has massively let him down in the PL. The ball must go back to him from our own possession 50 odd times a game and it's unacceptable to just launch it out for an opposition throw in half way up the pitch nearly every time. When you're being pressed in your own half, you need a reliable keeper to play back to who can at least give us a chance of a purposeful long ball to get us up the pitch, rather than just a turn over of possession 9 times out of 10.
often that's not his fault, he has a split second to get rid of it due to the pressure on our defence

often that's not his fault, he has a split second to get rid of it due to the pressure on our defence
For me it's purely his distribution which (IMO) is woeful. If we are too keep Wes as No.1 then he needs help in this area. He needs a goal keeping coach to concentrate on this aspect. We have quick enough players that can hit the wings - he just needs to act immediately instead of the 'half a dozen dummy throws out' every time hes gets the ball - by that time the oppostiion are all back in there positions.

I amazed that the coaching staff aren't using this tactic in a squad that relatively dwarf like !

Back
Top Bottom