Incoming? Kasper Schmeichel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gerrim signed. Exactly what we need. Never mind the ££££, we should have plenty of money after 3/5 seasons in the prem and spending practically nothing this season.

Gerrim signed. Exactly what we need. Never mind the ££££, we should have plenty of money after 3/5 seasons in the prem and spending practically nothing this season.
Regarding money ! We are not wealthy as the Prince alluded too.
Good call regarding Kasper he would be ideal,good organiser and must still be fit playing in Belgium league.
Lack of experience is costing us so Kasper would fit the bill perfectly.
Hope this one comes off he will I'm sure be excited yes ! excited coming back to the prem again at 37 ixf fit will be ideal for what we need.
Not just on the pitch but off it too as he has done it all.
Get it done !!

First choice keeper for the team 2nd in the league, with a real chance of winning it…why would he come here?

A 37yo Kasper Schmeichel is at a higher level than Wes has ever been in his career

If we're not in for the Rotherham GK, it's an absolute no brainer.

Would be great if we were in for both!

Kasper now on a short term deal to the end of the season and Johansson signed but loaned back to Rotherham to come in during the summer?

To be fair. Anderlecht is a shithole. Better pies and less traffic over here, plus the peak district. Beers probably a bit nicer there though.

To be fair. Anderlecht is a shithole. Better pies and less traffic over here, plus the peak district. Beers probably a bit nicer there though.
Ignore the shit out of this

Fuck me is he not? I am absolutely out of the loop with all things Kasper Schmeichel then
Nope, signed for Anderlecht after the transfer window when his contract was mutual terminated and quickly became their No1.

either or both for me wes has to have a genuine challenger for his spot and we havent got that with adam davies

As jono_t2000 quite rightly points out, a good keeper can drastically help the defence out and Wes is really struggling right now, any keeper that is better would give us a new lease of life and he’s clearly better, Kasper never shuts up either which is exactly what our defence needs because it’s clear as day the communication between the keeper and the back line is non existent most of the time. This is a no brainer if we can make it happen.

If we could get him the main thing i like about him is that he starts attacks off , usually catches a cross and throws it straight away , normally to one of his players, and with us having archer and macca would be a good option , rather than wes getting it and waiting until the opposition is back in shape before kicking it out

This has to be a good thing for Wes as well indirectly.

If you can make 4 mistakes leading to goals in six games and still not have your place threatened, then how much does this motivate you to keep the hammer down?

Not suggesting that he’s not trying but it doesn’t push him to do extra sessions, to work additionally on his concentration and his mindset etc. he knows he will be picked regardless.

Having a keeper who already has experience of winning the league bawling at the defence and organising them cannot hurt at all.

Plus, whether he personally is in decline or not, you can’t deny that since he left, Leicester have failed to convincingly replace his presence and are now not only competing as they were but slid into the division below. They are doing well there but it all suggests that replacing Schmeichel wasn’t the slam dunk some perhaps thought.

Someone with vast experience, presence and know how is probably what this team needs.

I wanted Johanssen but seems Rotherham goalkeepers with 6 months left may be out of our range. I think an old head to steer us through to the end of the season help manage the defence is becoming more appealing. He would be available next season too but again I would hope for VJ

I wanted Johanssen but seems Rotherham goalkeepers with 6 months left may be out of our range. I think an old head to steer us through to the end of the season help manage the defence is becoming more appealing. He would be available next season too but again I would hope for VJ
He’s got 18 months on his contract.

This one is on. He is desperate to come as he wants to move back to England. Wouldn’t rule out a permanent either and we end up giving him a couple of years but loan is looking most likely but we will see. Anderlecht are reluctant to lose him but once the player decides he wants to go not a lot you can really do (as we know). He’s out of contract at end of the season anyway.

Brussels?!

Brussels is nice. But Anderlecht as an area isn’t nice. I doubt he roams the street there, but it was a tongue in cheek remark to how Sheffield is perceived sometimes on here.

This one is on. He is desperate to come as he wants to move back to England. Wouldn’t rule out a permanent either and we end up giving him a couple of years but loan is looking most likely but we will see. Anderlecht are reluctant to lose him but once the player decides he wants to go not a lot you can really do (as we know). He’s out of contract at end of the season anyway.
At 38 is a goal keeper still agile enough though?

I wouldn't be against this as he's a regular starter for his team so he must be doing something right.

He’s got 18 months on his contract.

?

He signed a new deal until 2025.

Back
Top Bottom