Karl Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just dont like Warnock period do you FB?

I actually don't have a problem with Warnock, he just isn't suited to this role at Sheffield United or any other club.
He was of his time, the right man at the right time for us right upto the Premiership season but that time has passed and we need to move forward not hark back with blind nostalgia.

I actually don't have a problem with Warnock, he just isn't suited to this role at Sheffield United or any other club.
He was of his time, the right man at the right time for us right upto the Premiership season but that time has passed and we need to move forward not hark back with blind nostalgia.

Well you could have fooled me FB. You come over like he's the anti christ or something. I'm not wanting or even yearning to hark back to Warnocks time, although enjoyable, I want to see the club move forwards. DOF with a younger manager under him is a way of doing just that. Its a different step for the club.

Warnock is close to retirement dont forget, so he'd be more or less hands off after 18 months 2 years when hopefully our new manger has established himself, we have stabalized the club and found a balance of players between the youngsters and whoever is going to be left once the sales are over. It would be a building process using Warnocks and our new managers savvy. Thats how I see it over the next couple of years anyway. I just hope we dont end up with a Robinson/Morgan set up for the 1st team and Unsworth in charge of the reserves . Thats your worst nightmare come true! Still, I bet the fish and chips at Morcambe and Fleetwood are delicious.

All of the above regarding Warnock is immaterial of course. Apparently he's fucked off to Cornwall on his tractor !!!!!

Well you could have fooled me FB. You come over like he's the anti christ or something. I'm not wanting or even yearning to hark back to Warnocks time, although enjoyable, I want to see the club move forwards. DOF with a younger manager under him is a way of doing just that. Its a different step for the club.

Warnock is close to retirement dont forget, so he'd be more or less hands off after 18 months 2 years when hopefully our new manger has established himself, we have stabalized the club and found a balance of players between the youngsters and whoever is going to be left once the sales are over. It would be a building process using Warnocks and our new managers savvy. Thats how I see it over the next couple of years anyway. I just hope we dont end up with a Robinson/Morgan set up for the 1st team and Unsworth in charge of the reserves . Thats your worst nightmare come true! Still, I bet the fish and chips at Morcambe and Fleetwood are delicious.

All of the above regarding Warnock is immaterial of course. Apparently he's fucked off to Cornwall on his tractor !!!!!

I always understood that a director of football's main job was signing players, which Warnock was fucking rubbish at. He could motivate average to poor players to do ok as a group, but my word he signed some shite!

As has been pointed out by others, he isn't the best communicator or listener either and doesn't really take the views of others on-board or, if he does, he intentionally acts against them out of stubbornness. Not the best attributes for somebody who is supposed to be acting as a go-between.

Yep his decent sings to shit signings ratio was pretty poor. We really did scrape the barrel at times.

I don't see why we need him back in any capacity.

Well if I were in charge I’d try and persuade Warnock to give us 2-3 years as the team Manager.
The 2002-2003 team (3rd in Championship, 2 Cup Semi Finals) took him around 2 years to build last time on similar attendances and with a similar wage bill.
Then if he repeats the success of last time, I would give him a DOF job with his first task being to choose his own successor (Fergie style).
If he's adamant he doesn't want another job in management, I'd only then look elsewhere (Johnson?)
At least try for the best available proven option before we start gambling on somebody who might one day achieve a fraction of what Warnock has.

I always understood that a director of football's main job was signing players, which Warnock was fucking rubbish at. He could motivate average to poor players to do ok as a group, but my word he signed some shite!

As has been pointed out by others, he isn't the best communicator or listener either and doesn't really take the views of others on-board or, if he does, he intentionally acts against them out of stubbornness. Not the best attributes for somebody who is supposed to be acting as a go-between.

And completely the wrong man for a new model founded on principles of proper football. He's a dinosaur - yesterday's man. We really do have the most unimaginative, parochial bunch of fans around. It won't be long before the first cry of "Bring Back Bassett" is heard.....and they'll actually be serious!

D'oh!

Yep his decent sings to shit signings ratio was pretty poor. We really did scrape the barrel at times.

I don't see why we need him back in any capacity.

We don't. It's the Bladesfan's Way!

“Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?

The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.

Alice: I don't much care where.

The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.

Alice: ...So long as I get somewhere.

The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.”

Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

There is now way we will have a DOF with all the cost cutting promised by Winter.

Well you could have fooled me FB. You come over like he's the anti christ or something.

Really, care to give examples?

I've said he isn't right for the DoF role because his ego wouldn't allow it
He always has to be the center of media attention
That his style of football is past its sell by date

Hardly the anti-christ, you really have a talent for the dramatic.
It's a results business and Warnock gets results.
Really I must have missed Look North creaming their pants over Leeds promotion.

Back
Top Bottom