Karl Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
We know about Jokanovic

Well in this article Robinson is also mentioned

If we're talking about League 1 only then there are a few managers I would rather us appoint before getting to Karl Robinson.

Lee Johnson, Darren Ferguson and Michael Appleton etc have done a lot more than KR IMO.

didnt he want the job post clough, as i remember him lavishing us with praise in the studio in that horrible semi final 2nd leg v yeovil

Surely it’s just a case of someone putting money on him and bookies adjusting the price accordingly?

If enough people on here placed bets on Alan Partridge he’d be favourite by Friday morning.

I was all up for him about 8 years ago when we were crap in League One and desperate for fresh new ideas.

He was the next big thing back then- his Liverpool connections and novelty of being young and media savvy bought him a lot of publicity and to be fair, he did do well getting MK Franchise into the Championship.

But his stock seems to drop every year. He’ll end up being one of those perennial, reliable lower league journeyman managers that “steady ships”, flirt with play offs and pop up in the FA Cup 3rd round against a big side every 5 years or so, milking his 30 second interview on MOTD.

Would genuinely rather have Appleton, although thats like choosing to amputate my left leg instead of the right one.

I think we could do alot worse.
To be fair to him every club he's managed have been skint, he got MK up to the Championship and then was given no money to spend.
He is still relatively young and you could argue that he has a better record than Wilder did before he managed us.
I'm not saying I want him but there have been alot worse names mentioned on betting sites.
Plus he deserves a slight upgrade for the fact he winds the pigs up.

giphy.gif

I was all up for him about 8 years ago when we were crap in League One and desperate for fresh new ideas.

He was the next big thing back then- his Liverpool connections and novelty of being young and media savvy bought him a lot of publicity and to be fair, he did do well getting MK Franchise into the Championship.

But his stock seems to drop every year. He’ll end up being one of those perennial, reliable lower league journeyman managers that “steady ships”, flirt with play offs and pop up in the FA Cup 3rd round against a big side every 5 years or so, milking his 30 second interview on MOTD.

Would genuinely rather have Appleton, although thats like choosing to amputate my left leg instead of the right one.

As monumentally underwhelming as Appleton would be (does he have a release clause for the next time he has to play Cesar in Planet of the Apes?), it would be Ancelotti-esque compared to Karl Robinson.

At least he has got Lincoln ticking, what are Oxford doing? Last time I could be bothered to check, fuck all.

I hope "the list" is just speculation, because it shows all the ambition of a Working Mens Club having a meeting to decide who the turn should be on Saturday night. I can see it now, first game of the season there will be a meat raffle and the electric scoreboard will announce that "the pies are here". You'll be able to buy a War Cry with your programme, and there will be the seafood guy with his tray. Oh, and the Bingo will start bang on time.

I hope "the list" is just speculation, because it shows all the ambition of a Working Mens Club having a meeting to decide who the turn should be on Saturday night. I can see it now, first game of the season there will be a meat raffle and the electric scoreboard will announce that "the pies are here". You'll be able to buy a War Cry with your programme, and there will be the seafood guy with his tray. Oh, and the Bingo will start bang on time.

“Technical Board” revealed...
View attachment 109093

As monumentally underwhelming as Appleton would be (does he have a release clause for the next time he has to play Cesar in Planet of the Apes?), it would be Ancelotti-esque compared to Karl Robinson.

At least he has got Lincoln ticking, what are Oxford doing? Last time I could be bothered to check, fuck all.

Is this the same Appleton that just won once out of his last 8 games ?
More like Adams-esque than Ancelotti-esque 😆
Anyway if you have nothing better to do this Friday evening you can watch Oxford v Lincoln on Sky billed the Battle of the Blades next manager 😀.

Is this the same Appleton that just won once out of his last 8 games ?
More like Adams-esque than Ancelotti-esque 😆
Anyway if you have nothing better to do this Friday evening you can watch Oxford v Lincoln on Sky billed the Battle of the Blades next manager 😀.

No thanks, I'm washing my hair.....

Back
Top Bottom