Karl Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

theres no guarantee warnock would be any good six years down the line. only recent success at qpr most people could've achieved with the money. flopped at palace and leeds, where he had the last of his old players to call on, the man is shot for ideas.. let it go

I think this post could have been repeated, and proved wrong, about 6 times over the last few decades.

Either way, it's time to move on.

:)

UTB

I would with Warnock and wouldn't be going much if he was given the role.

I remember my mate telling me exactly that ref Warnock, in the days when we were lucky if we got 10,000 through the gate. A few years later 30,000 were turning up every week.

UTB

Add to the fact that Warnock has very publicly ruled himself out of the job after very publicly putting down the club and its supporters and having a publicly reported bust up with McCabe... I think we can rule him out.

I'd be very interested to read the article where Warnock puts down United and it's supporters.
Could you provide a link please? As I must have missed it the first time around.

theres no guarantee warnock would be any good six years down the line. only recent success at qpr most people could've achieved with the money. flopped at palace and leeds, where he had the last of his old players to call on, the man is shot for ideas.. let it go

If you think Warnock flopped at Palace, you really haven't been paying attention.
QPR had 7 different managers after the Billionaires took over and achieved nothing until Warnock took over.

In the context of him being a Blade...

"But I want to make it clear that Palace is the best club I have ever been at in terms of the supporters."
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...p-not-down-as-he-moves-in-at-qpr-6792727.html

That's a single quote from a quick search. He's said the same at QPR and Leeds in subsequent appointments.

Exactly. Every club he works for gets told they have the best fans.
Praising the supporters of other clubs is not the same as putting down United supporters.
I think Bassett is the best manager we've had but that's not a criticism of Warnock.

It just amazes me that manager's with no track record of success are touted as great options.
While the man who has clearly the best CV of all is dismissed just because he praises other club's fans.

Sorry, but for a Blade to constantly praise each new club's supporters as the best he's ever worked with at the best club he's ever worked at is an insult.

Had I worked at SUFC, I wouldn't say it. Would you? Especially when it comes to similar sized clubs or even worse, rival clubs such as Leeds.

Karl Robinson going to Sheffield today according to his wife's twitter.

https://twitter.com/actressann

Shopping in Meadowhall I presume

The more I think about this and providing United will pay compensation, I can see Robinson as Manager and Morgan Assistant Manager.

They apparently did one of their coaching badges together so they do know each other. Probably also keep Unsworth heading up the Academy.

I can't see United paying for other staff to come with anyone appointed

The more I think about this and providing United will pay compensation, I can see Robinson as Manager and Morgan Assistant Manager.

They apparently did one of their coaching badges together so they do know each other. Probably also keep Unsworth heading up the Academy.

and she apparently has no idea why he's going there :rolleyes:

Or, reading it another way, someone askes her if he's going to Sheffield to which she replies 'Reg(arding) Karl going to Sheffield, really don't know, sorry.'

A good attractive, effective playing style with minimal funds.
Warnock spent £20 Million and got us relegated, and Pembos done less than Robinson.
Sir Neil is a blowback to a hopefully forgotten era, its had its day and its about time some of our fans moved on. If you're having Warnock why not consider Blackwell FFS.
I think there is a better option than either of them available out there, with no compo, but I wouldn't be gutted with Robinson. I would with Warnock and wouldn't be going much if he was given the role.

Why forgotten era? were you asleep during one of the clubs most successful periods under Warnocks tenure? Did you miss him turning the club around when we were in deep do do similar to as we are now? I and a lot more certainly wont forget it. You might not like him, but 7 promotions speaks for itself.

You ask why not consider Blackwell again.................. erm because he wasn't a success. Warnock was, easy as that.
Besides, I didnt suggest Warnock as manager, I want him as director of football. Why? because he's got the T shirt and knows the club and McCabe inside out, and would be able to guide the club and new manager in the right direction more or less straight away. We need to hit the ground running next season.

Pembo? another no brainer really. According to Mr Winter we're going to have to rely more on the kids next season, and who knows our youngsters better than Pembo???? Not Robinson that is a fact.

McCAll just had a successful season with Motherwell, and was a very good player in his own right. I think he would instantly gain the respect of the players and supporters alike and would galvanize the club.

Robinson? he's just proved he can't get a club promoted on a shoe string. Where were they??????????? We just sacked a better manager!!

Interesting!

Interesting!

We're fooked!!!!!!!

His wife said sod all!!! Read it for yourself!

Why forgotten era? were you asleep during one of the clubs most successful periods under Warnocks tenure? Did you miss him turning the club around when we were in deep do do similar to as we are now? I and a lot more certainly wont forget it. You might not like him, but 7 promotions speaks for itself.
A hopefully forgotten era because it isn't a successful style anymore to develop a club along.

Yeah and Robinsons "style" is so successful we should bite off our noses to spite or face !
What nose are we biting off? Not getting Warnock?

I find it highly amusing that some folk seem to think Warnock would work well as a Director of Football.
The guy has more ego than Bill Shatner and his relevant skillset is similarly out of date.

What nose are we biting off? Not getting Warnock?

I find it highly amusing that some folk seem to think Warnock would work well as a Director of Football.
The guy has more ego than Bill Shatner and his relevant skillset is similarly out of date.

Nice bit of middle management spiel there FB, or pish as I like to call it. Am sure Robinson will make you happy once hes arrived and instilled some "blue sky thinking" into the players and "has pushed our envolope" a bit.

I also similarly find it highly amusing that certain people, yourself included, are prepared to ignore Warnocks attributes because of theirs and your obvious prejudice against him. Thats biting your nose off to spite your face.

And theres me thinking jobs were filled on qualification, experience and ability!

And theres me thinking jobs were filled on qualification, experience and ability!
So you never give promising talent a chance then, because they don't have the first two criteria.
You'll also continue to hire expensive, stuck in their ways management who aren't open to new ways of thinking.

Excellent short termist viewpoint.

Promising talent? thats open to deabte as far as Robinson is concerned. He's done exactly what again? Now if you was talking Uwe Rosler I might agree. Brentford have been the best side I've seen this season and far better than Robinsons Wimblekeynes. Come to that, we have, and thats saying something!

Expensive stuck in their ways management? As far as I'm aware Warnock has never been director of football anywhere so he'd hardly be stuck in his ways would he? It would be a new role created for him to utilise his vast experience. Cost? you dont know it would be expensive, you're guessing.

Take the blinkers off. Warnock as DOF with a younger manager such as McCall or whoever ( not Robinson, Morgan or Hill) would be a step in a different direction for the club.

Take the blinkers off. Warnock as DOF with a younger manager such as McCall or whoever ( not Robinson, Morgan or Hill) would be a step in a different direction for the club.
I've got blinkers on?
The guy has a huge ego, how the hell would he work with a younger manager without interfering or making comments to the media? He has absolutely no shown skills that would make him a good candidate for that role. Good communicator -nope, facilitator and pragmatic link between board and manager- nope, not power hungry or seeking the limelight - nope. You want a good example of the role, look at the likes of Steve Coppell.

You are also happily ignoring the fact that Warnock himself said he wanted it within a couple hours drive from home which puts us well out of the picture. Which is a very happy truth as far as I'm concerned.
If Warnock hasn't been DOF anywhere he is hardly experienced which crosses off one of your criteria.
He hasn't done it before so he has no proven ability at it, which takes off a second one.

Who's got blinkers on?

I don't want a manager who would play the type of football Warnock would want to direct!

In any event, it really is time we moved on and starting looking past the end of our nose [a long way in Warnock's case]. This ex-Blade obsession is becoming a parody of itself.

I don't want a blades fan like warnock or Adams
I don't want an ex player like speed
I don't want an ex coach like Blackwell
I don't want mccabes next door neighbour in Spain, Wilson

I did want McCall but after looking at the above you can see why we are where we are!

I've got blinkers on?
The guy has a huge ego, how the hell would he work with a younger manager without interfering or making comments to the media? He has absolutely no shown skills that would make him a good candidate for that role. Good communicator -nope, facilitator and pragmatic link between board and manager- nope, not power hungry or seeking the limelight - nope. You want a good example of the role, look at the likes of Steve Coppell.

You are also happily ignoring the fact that Warnock himself said he wanted it within a couple hours drive from home which puts us well out of the picture. Which is a very happy truth as far as I'm concerned.
If Warnock hasn't been DOF anywhere he is hardly experienced which crosses off one of your criteria.
He hasn't done it before so he has no proven ability at it, which takes off a second one.

Who's got blinkers on?

Just dont like Warnock period do you FB? You are plain wrong, he's shown EVERY skill required to make him a good candidate for the role of DOF. How many promotions again? How many years experience as a successful manager? knows how the club wants to work. Makes him experienced enough in anyones book. Thats all thats required , not your " pragmatic link" pish. Who has had experience in that role?? not many, its a relatively new concept that requires an experienced manager, but if he wants to stay near home as you claim, thats our loss.

You'd have turned Brian Clough down, face it, am man with a huge ego, but brilliant all the same. We wont even get started on Morinho. Your obvious hatred of one of our most successful managers is clouding your judgement.

You dont have blinkers on, you have a full blindfold!!!!!

Dear God
Flatulent Blade is correct. Warnock has no obvious credentials to act as in an advisory role, full stop, . , or period....
I don't hate him, I've just had my fill of him.......................... and I think he's a dinosaur of the football fraternity

Anyway, please can you have word with the other football Gods and ask them just what on earth we've done to deserve our current status?

Dear God
Flatulent Blade is correct. Warnock has no obvious credentials to act as in an advisory role, full stop, . , or period....
I don't hate him, I've just had my fill of him.......................... and I think he's a dinosaur of the football fraternity

Anyway, please can you have word with the other football Gods and ask them just what on earth we've done to deserve our current status?

Had fill of/hate/think hes this - all relatively the same insults. FB isn't correct and neither are you woody. We'll leave it at that.

I've had a quick word with the other football gods and they've told me that we haven't done anything too wrong. We've just appointed the wrong people to manage the team. They're surprsied that since arch angel Warnock was sent to exile, such devils as Robson and Blackwell have been allowed to ply their evil ways, wasting the clubs money and employing ne'r do wells. This has to change they say, but we should be wary of things that may appear to glitter, they are not all gold.

Back
Top Bottom