Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
Its crackers mate.So in this bizarre game of fantasy football where does that leave us with Kyle Walker?![]()
I hope he does come but not at a financial burden we'll regretYes he does have his heart set on it. Needs to be same deal agreed with Man City though to make it happen. Let’s see I’m expecting him here next season
Yes he does have his heart set on it. Needs to be same deal agreed with Man City though to make it happen. Let’s see I’m expecting him here next season
I think you’ll find we aren’t paying City anything. He wants to play - & is mates with Bamford. That is why he’s here & likely wants to come back next season.It's typical Wilder. It doesn't matter what everybody saw with their own eyes during his short spell here, he wants him so he's having him.
I saw nothing in Phillps' play that suggested he's any better than Riedewald and when he wasn't suspended, he was injured.
Economically, my guess would be Phillips was on £40k a week (our share) and Riedewald about £20k a week.
So where we could have had 2 x players at £20k a week (very decent wage at our level), we've gone all in on a massive gamble on Phillips, not just in terms of form, but also discipline and fitness..
Is this because he's a "culture carrier?"
I've not ruled wilder out of signing Deli AliHold that thought!
FFS stop putting ideas in his head that he can somehow take the most troubled, fallen from grace, injury riddled players and grab a bargain by resurrecting them.I've not ruled wilder out of signing Deli Ali![]()
What's Coutts up to these daysFFS stop putting ideas in his head that he can somehow take the most troubled, fallen from grace, injury riddled players and grab a bargain by resurrecting them.
I still don’t think that was a red card.Take the two Wednesday games this season, Jairo in one and Phillips in the other.
At Hillsborough, Jairo nullified their midfield, broke up the play and it therefore allowed us to create chance after chance. We could’ve realistically won that game by four or five considering how many chances we missed.
At BL we’re on top through Hamer / Bamford being clinical. A second through Burrows and we’re coasting. Then Phillips gets sent off early into the second half needlessly and we’re under the cosh. A better team would’ve capitalised, Wednesday nearly did.
It’s a small sample size of course but you could see the effect of both players respectively, and while Jairo had fitness issues he still brought a level of calm to midfield that allowed our more ball playing, creative players to advance up the pitch. I didn’t see that with KP, generally he looked ok but as a loan signing he didn’t stand out.
If we’re seriously going down this route then I’m more concerned than excited.
I still don’t think that was a red card.
Me: Starts reading post.It's typical Wilder. It doesn't matter what everybody saw with their own eyes during his short spell here, he wants him so he's having him.
I saw nothing in Phillps' play that suggested he's any better than Riedewald and when he wasn't suspended, he was injured.
Economically, my guess would be Phillips was on £40k a week (our share) and Riedewald about £20k a week.
So where we could have had 2 x players at £20k a week (very decent wage at our level), we've gone all in on a massive gamble on Phillips, not just in terms of form, but also discipline and fitness..
Is this because he's a "culture carrier?"
Me: Starts reading post.
CM: "economically, my guess...tra la la etc"
Me: Thinks, oh do fuck off, stops reading and thinks about pressing ignore button.
From what I understand although unlikely to incur a signing bonus there would be still agent fees for a loan move with Phillips as his agent works with City and the end club to negotiate the temporary transfer.More a question than a statement but wouldn't signing an extension with Jairo also come with a signing bonus and additional agent fees, whereas, the loan for KP is just going to be wages?
Why do you think we aren’t paying City anything?I think you’ll find we aren’t paying City anything. He wants to play - & is mates with Bamford. That is why he’s here & likely wants to come back next season.
I don't think we did pay city anything but we did pay for a small portion of his big wages.Why do you think we aren’t paying City anything?
People keep saying these things but nobody has any idea what we have paid City, as a proportion of his wage or otherwise. We might or might not have paid a loan fee, but we certainly haven’t had him for free.I don't think we did pay city anything but we did pay for a small portion of his big wages.
I might be in a minority but I can see why it could be a gamble worth exploring. But can't be what we pin our hopes of a season on.
"People keep saying these things but nobody has any idea what we have paid City"People keep saying these things but nobody has any idea what we have paid City, as a proportion of his wage or otherwise. We might or might not have paid a loan fee, but we certainly haven’t had him for free.
I agree it would be a gamble. We gambled on him in January and it completely failed. Cannon, McGuinness and Chong all contributed significantly more than Phillips. The question is whether another gamble over a longer period is worth it. I don’t think so, I see the potential for it being another Tom Davies, but if we do it I hope I’m proved wrong.
I also think some on here are dazzled by the idea of having a big name.
Gazumped by who? He's not played 2k minutes in a season since the first Covd season and he's scored 13 career goals/has 12 career assists (all those for Leeds).If City play ball on a similar deal to Jan he'll be back and United would frankly be mental not to pursue it. Jairo negotiations have failed but if he gets real later in the summer it could still happen. I wouldn't be banking on the big foreign interest coming to fruition if I was him. Are a a parachute club going to come in? Maybe. I'm worried about us getting gazumped on Phillips or the can being kicked down the road due to Pep leaving.United need him in on day one of preseason. If it drags on time to move on. Same with Jairo. It's not good enough to be a sixty minute player and a walking muscle injury.
That's probably owners, see he plays for city and think he must be good thenPeople keep saying these things but nobody has any idea what we have paid City, as a proportion of his wage or otherwise. We might or might not have paid a loan fee, but we certainly haven’t had him for free.
I agree it would be a gamble. We gambled on him in January and it completely failed. Cannon, McGuinness and Chong all contributed significantly more than Phillips. The question is whether another gamble over a longer period is worth it. I don’t think so, I see the potential for it being another Tom Davies, but if we do it I hope I’m proved wrong.
I also think some on here are dazzled by the idea of having a big name.
It’s probably not the owners.That's probably owners, see he plays for city and think he must be good then
Absolutely bang on mateIf we sign Phillips and not a 6ft 4in 22 year old decathlete for centre midfield, then we'll be bang on trouble....
We need at least x3 big, strong, explosive physical specimens not 30+ poppadom legged has beens.
Have we learnt nothing?
Who have been our biggest successes over recent years? MGW - explosive, Ndiaye - explosive, Berge - huge, Souttar - huge...
Small undynamic players just don't succeed in modern football.
We have, has Wilder?Have we learnt nothing?
Gazumped by who? He's not played 2k minutes in a season since the first Covd season and he's scored 13 career goals/has 12 career assists (all those for Leeds).
He's had 2 disastrous PL loans and his 3 game stint with United. Whatever he once was, the evidence is that he is extremely unlikely to ever be that again and he certainly doesn't solve the problems United have with athleticism in midfield.
He's a luxury signing, and a risk that I hope the club doesn't pursue.
It's certainly possible. I just don't think it's likely. 30 appearances out of a possible 99 over 2 1/2 seasons of loan is a decent sample size of injury and performance problems.We'll have to agree to disagree. I think he hasn't shown it because he's just sat on his massive salary collecting his money. He didn't become a bad player because Man City didn't fancy him. If he gets himself fit there's nothing in his age or injury profile to suggest he won't be a good player at this level again. He doesn't have the wear and tear associated with an athlete at his age which can be seen as a mark in his favour. A renaissance is more than possible. If that happens somebody will get a bargain.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?